Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:03 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Daily Mail article is a hoax by an attention-seeking "journalist" with no credibility.

Please. The Daily Mail did not write the book. They were simply commenting on it. There is no "proof" that Area 51 or Roswell have or had actual aliens present. Only innuendo. Bring actual proof and I will change my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 06:16 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,325,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
I think the Roswell incident was a very convenient 'tool' - grown to mythological proportions - for the military intelligentsia who engaged in Operation Paperclip

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-f...o-america.html

and Operation High jump,to provide a massive disinformation campaign, and Project Blue Book as an ostensible 'investigation'.

Think of it as the old shell game played to perfection with a whole industry/ mythology created out of an incident, and the general public kept dazed and confused while those few in the know get to have fun with flying toys! These 'projects/ operations' seem to have a concurrent thread about them

https://truedisclosure.org/news/the-...-highjump.html
When family and friends knew I lived and work down in Antarctica, did two full winters (2008 and 2010) and part of a third winter (2011), more than half asked about aliens and spacecraft. I would tell them we hung out with the aliens all the time, a little hard to understand, but they were a friendly bunch, they even let us fly their spacecraft to Alpha Centauri and back!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Please. The Daily Mail did not write the book. They were simply commenting on it. There is no "proof" that Area 51 or Roswell have or had actual aliens present. Only innuendo. Bring actual proof and I will change my mind.
Its fairly easy to see why Area 51 is related to aliens and UFOs, this is in their best interest, as it serves as another layer of 'protection', that base is in the business of creating next gen aircraft,so of course security is going to be extreme.

They may have stored recovered UFO material there at some point in the past, but I doubt they have done this in the past 20 yrs or so, far too many people equate the base with aliens and UFOs, imo, they probably keep this stuff at a base NO ONE is even aware of yet, or even more likely, in private sector facilities.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:55 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Off topic, but absolutely correct.
What the historical context tells us is: there were good reasons for the paranoia at that time (we knew what we were capable of, we weren't sure what the Soviets were capable of or how much they knew about our capabilities), and the secrecy, over-classification, and Project Mogul itself were the products of that paranoia.

The Roswell myth might be seen as a product of that same paranoia -- projecting our fear of the Soviets onto the space aliens. At its peak, the paranoia produced the cold war classic "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956). It's a defense mechanism -- displacement. Now, the Russians aren't the threat they were in the wake of WW2. Maybe this new myth of a Soviet hoax in a way displaces whatever fears people have of an alien invasion back onto the 1940s era Soviets.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
What furrows? I've never seen any pictures of furrows. I've heard furrows mentioned, but no proof. If you have any, please post ... maybe I just missed them.
I've never seen any photos, either, but there were credible witnesses who said they were filled using construction equipment.

There was a book out a few years back that used ground-penetrating radar to locate the furrows.

Everyone, even archaeologists use ground-penetrating radar now. You can see disturbances in the earth. That's how they find mass graves, from recent events to ancient battles. They can see stone and wooden building foundations buried several meters under earth. You can tell the difference between a naturally forming hill, and a hill that's actually a burial mound by the way the soil is displaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Regarding Russian flyovers ... read this: https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/russia...-over-area-51/

I can't vouch for the Russian plane being there, but supposedly it was, and it was recently. Supposedly the treaty also allowed us to fly over their secret areas.
That treaty went into effect in 1992. That was 45 years after Roswell.

I assure you, prior to 1992, no Russian aircraft ever penetrated US air-space in the Continental US.

The US never shot down a single Russian aircraft in US air-space.

On the other hand, the Russians shot down quite a few US aircraft over Russian air-space, which includes the air-space over territorial waters, but prior to the U-2 Incident, there were no deep penetrations into Russia.

That also includes shoot-downs of US aircraft in the Sea of Japan near islands involved in a territorial dispute between Russia and Japan.

More than 200 US airmen from the US Navy, US Army Air Corps and its successor the US Air Force were lost by Russian shoot-downs.

Most of those aircraft were RB-29s, RB-50s and Navy PB4Y-2s.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
... and the U.S. exploded its first peacetime thermonuclear device July, 1946. The Doomsday Clock was created January, 1947. The Roswell Incident happened in July, 1947.
Is that some kind of hallucinogenic-induced alternative fantasy history?

As I said, the US had exactly ZERO nuclear weapons in 1947.

ZERO is this many: 0

The first US test of a fission-fusion device (thermo-nuclear) was 1952, not 1947.

That test-shot is known as "Ivy Mike."

You might want to educate yourself on the matter, especially since your own link has this to say:

12:00 AM
November 1, 1952
First thermonuclear, fusion, or hydrogen weapon test
First thermonuclear, fusion, or hydrogen weapon test, Mike, carried out by the United States

Quote:
There was no leaks in the JFK classified documents because there was nothing worth leaking.
Then, please, explain why Oswald's DD 201 file is still classified.

Also, explain why in 1965 it was classified Top Secret COSMIC.

Only documents that are Top Secret with COSMIC identifier are classified for a period of 75 years, which would be the year 2039 for declassification.

Quote:
What happened when we reviewed these previously declassified documents? - no huge revelations, no proof of conspiracy, and JFK's brain is not being held in some secret government laboratory, nothing of note.
It was a conspiracy.

To date, not one single person has ever replicated Oswald's feat.

That, in addition to dozens of other facts proves conspiracy.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:58 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It was a conspiracy.

To date, not one single person has ever replicated Oswald's feat.

That, in addition to dozens of other facts proves conspiracy.
Wikipedia disputes your information on Oswald: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...sination_rifle. It even goes on to say: "Many of CBS's 11 volunteer marksmen, who (unlike Oswald) had no prior experience with a properly sighted Carcano, were able to hit the test target twice in under the time allowed, although they were all afforded multiple attempts. The only man who scored three hits was firearms examiner Howard Donahue from Maryland."

Regardless of how good a shot or how poor, if one throws lead in the general direction of a target, there is still a chance that it might hit. I once shot at a turkey at a 1/4 mile away and removed it's head. Of course I could never repeat that shot; the turkey was simply very unlucky that day. Of course I never told the friend I had watching that it was only luck. We will constantly debate whether Oswald could have killed our President; but, for now, the odds look pretty good.

As far as Area 51: My feeling is that it worked for our government to perpetuate the myth. It solved all their problems and it could have intimidated the Russians. If they believed we had alien technology they could overspend trying to 'catch up' or fear us even more if we used that technology. It was a win/win for us.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:29 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,325,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As far as Area 51: My feeling is that it worked for our government to perpetuate the myth. It solved all their problems and it could have intimidated the Russians. If they believed we had alien technology they could overspend trying to 'catch up' or fear us even more if we used that technology. It was a win/win for us.
I brought this up before in this forum on another thread, maybe last year, but I had a former co-worker who was ex-CIA, genius, recruited right out of High School back in the 90's, had a Top Secret Clearance and had been to Area 51 multiple times. I of course had to ask him about the aliens and alien spacecraft, and he of course could have been lying to me, but he said he never saw anything related to aliens or alien spacecraft or technology there.

The one thing I always chuckled at, was this "reverse engineering" stuff, if a alien spacecraft existed and was undoubted made from some unearthly exotic material that could never be made/created/manufactured here, how do you even start figuring out how to reproduce the same technology using earth found/man-made stuff?

Old 04-12-2019, 06:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I brought this up before in this forum on another thread, maybe last year, but I had a former co-worker who was ex-CIA, genius, recruited right out of High School back in the 90's, had a Top Secret Clearance and had been to Area 51 multiple times. I of course had to ask him about the aliens and alien spacecraft, and he of course could have been lying to me, but he said he never saw anything related to aliens or alien spacecraft or technology there.

The one thing I always chuckled at, was this "reverse engineering" stuff, if a alien spacecraft existed and was undoubted made from some unearthly exotic material that could never be made/created/manufactured here, how do you even start figuring out how to reproduce the same technology using earth found/man-made stuff?
Thats exactly what Bigelow Aerospace has been doing!

Old 04-12-2019, 07:18 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats exactly what Bigelow Aerospace has been doing!
You know this for sure because you've been there and seen it firsthand (reverse engineering of a UFO)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal