U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2019, 07:37 AM
 
6,545 posts, read 1,640,451 times
Reputation: 3726

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Iíd prefer for this thread to not become a debate about the authenticity (or lack thereof) of specific evidence. We could start a separate thread on that if there isnít one already. Iím just generally interested in theories as
to why there has been a steep decline in UFO sightings, regardless of whether one thinks they are ďrealĒ or not.

I did not claim they do not exist I just have never seen a video that proves they do and you claim to have seen such videos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
 
9,556 posts, read 2,422,333 times
Reputation: 6554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes - thats what certain people would have us believe.

However, if you read Colonel Coso's book The Day After Roswell you will realise that what the army did was to find trusted companies working on similar or associated projects and 'inject' the high technolgy into those companies. This would look like we had developed these from scratch but actually we had had a massive leap in technology given to us by the kids from the future.

Back-engineered gravity drives also (as well as moving through water and land) bend light around objects which means they can become invisible to most people looking at them(unless you are standing directly underneath them). This technology would appear to have been implemented if there are fewer UFO sightings. However, we still have flocks of birds which fall dead and dying from the sky (having just run into one of these invisible craft) which suggests that they are still around but just not visible to us.

Now what we need is some kind of filter which makes them visible to our cameras once again.
They can be seen in infrared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2019, 10:08 AM
 
9,556 posts, read 2,422,333 times
Reputation: 6554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I did not claim they do not exist I just have never seen a video that proves they do and you claim to have seen such videos.
Look up and read about the 'Rockefeller initiative', and what they were attempting to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2019, 11:53 PM
 
Location: The Pacific Northwest
5,893 posts, read 6,222,812 times
Reputation: 8019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I did not claim they do not exist I just have never seen a video that proves they do and you claim to have seen such videos.
No, I used the term “plausibly authentic.” I never said anything about conclusive proof, just that I’ve seen some evidence with some indicia of authenticity and haven’t been satisfied by debunkers’ explanations, which were too outlandish and illogical to be taken seriously. Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 12:45 PM
 
653 posts, read 563,450 times
Reputation: 771
I saw a UFO when I was a child. I was not the only witness either. Relatives and neighbors saw it as well.
The interesting aspect about the sighting was that it was not high in air but hovering above a three story
apartment building which allowed a closer examination of the craft. It was round and had blinking multi-colored
lights underneath. It was also very quiet. It hovered for about 2 minutes before rising in the air and out of
viewing range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
3,247 posts, read 1,510,846 times
Reputation: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
I saw a UFO when I was a child. I was not the only witness either. Relatives and neighbors saw it as well.
The interesting aspect about the sighting was that it was not high in air but hovering above a three story
apartment building which allowed a closer examination of the craft. It was round and had blinking multi-colored
lights underneath. It was also very quiet. It hovered for about 2 minutes before rising in the air and out of
viewing range.
Daytime or nighttime? In other words, did you actually see a "craft", or was it just lights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 10:56 PM
 
9,556 posts, read 2,422,333 times
Reputation: 6554
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
I saw a UFO when I was a child. I was not the only witness either. Relatives and neighbors saw it as well.
The interesting aspect about the sighting was that it was not high in air but hovering above a three story
apartment building which allowed a closer examination of the craft. It was round and had blinking multi-colored
lights underneath. It was also very quiet. It hovered for about 2 minutes before rising in the air and out of
viewing range.
That doesnt really seem like the type of behavior to be expected from a race of super advanced beings, from 'some far away place'...does it? LOL


To me, it seems more like something else entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Oregon Coast
4,857 posts, read 1,925,028 times
Reputation: 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-ufo-sightings

Are aliens losing interest in us, or are we losing interest in aliens?

Itís an interesting topic whether youíre a believer or a skeptic. In the decades after WW2 there were thousands and thousands of reports of UFOs. Now, all I see are clearly hoaxes. Iíve not seen a plausibly authentic UFO video in years, despite the fact that virtually everyone in the developed world walks around with a video camera with them.

Iíve seen some footage from years past that makes me really wonder about this issue, but the lack of sightings in recent years does make me suspect it might really be a socio-cultural phenomenon that has become a thing of the past. But if thatís true, it means every UFO photo and video is a hoax.

The other, wildly different theory would be that aliens were interested in us after we displayed the use of nuclear weapons, and now that things have appeared to have settled down, they have moved on.
My theory. 60 or 70 years ago you could come up with a cockamany story about being abducted by a UFO, and if you were convincing enough, people might actually believe you. Today if you don't have it on video, it didn't happen, and the video had better be good. No grainy video, it has to be HD.

Plus today there are so many conspiracy theorists, trying to promote such ludicrous BS, that people are getting a lot wiser, and more sceptical of it. Even if you did uncover proof of UFOs today, it would be a lot harder to convince anyone.

In short, it's easy to fool people the first time, maybe even the second or third time. By the 50,000th time, it's pretty much impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 01:43 AM
 
Location: PRC
2,856 posts, read 3,159,732 times
Reputation: 2613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
My theory. 60 or 70 years ago you could come up with a cockamany story about being abducted by a UFO, and if you were convincing enough, people might actually believe you. Today if you don't have it on video, it didn't happen, and the video had better be good. No grainy video, it has to be HD.

Plus today there are so many conspiracy theorists, trying to promote such ludicrous BS, that people are getting a lot wiser, and more sceptical of it. Even if you did uncover proof of UFOs today, it would be a lot harder to convince anyone.

In short, it's easy to fool people the first time, maybe even the second or third time. By the 50,000th time, it's pretty much impossible.
OK - stories of UFOs have to start with a acknowledgement that they exist in one form or another. If they dont, then nothing about UFOs exists. Given that there is a HUGE amount of evidence that UFOs exist and many, many skilled and reputable people have claimed to have seen them, then most people will probably accept they exist.

The next big question is whether they are military craft or alien craft. Most likely is military craft, but how were these developed in such a short timeframe? We have gone from the Wright brothers to flying saucers/cigars in a ridiculously short amount of time. The simple answer may be that we have back engineered our own craft from crashed alien craft.

So, we are back to the first question about aliens again.

No-one is fooling anyone, except the governments of the world telling us UFOs piloted by aliens do not exist. Anyone who does not believe in them these days, must be living alone underground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2019, 02:44 AM
 
Location: Oregon Coast
4,857 posts, read 1,925,028 times
Reputation: 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK - stories of UFOs have to start with a acknowledgement that they exist in one form or another. If they dont, then nothing about UFOs exists. Given that there is a HUGE amount of evidence that UFOs exist and many, many skilled and reputable people have claimed to have seen them, then most people will probably accept they exist.

The next big question is whether they are military craft or alien craft. Most likely is military craft, but how were these developed in such a short timeframe? We have gone from the Wright brothers to flying saucers/cigars in a ridiculously short amount of time. The simple answer may be that we have back engineered our own craft from crashed alien craft.

So, we are back to the first question about aliens again.

No-one is fooling anyone, except the governments of the world telling us UFOs piloted by aliens do not exist. Anyone who does not believe in them these days, must be living alone underground.
First, most people do not accept they exist. Only about one in three people believe they exist. Second I will give it to you that there is a huge amount of evidence. The problem is with the quality of the evidence. Just lots of grainy photos of somethings and eye witness accounts by drunk farmers, who were driving on back roads, by themselves when they saw something. None of the accounts can't be explained by some natural occurrence. The US government has investigated UFOs and long ago found that the evidence is not strong enough to devote much resources to continue investigating them.

So then we get into conspiracy theories that the government did find credible evidence that UFOs exist, but are covering them up. We all know the track record of conspiracy theories. So at that point, all logical reasonable persons have to get out of the debate. Because conspiracy theories are not based on evidence or logic.

One-Third of Americans Believe in UFOs, Survey Says
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top