Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 07:09 AM

100 posts, read 68,442 times

Advertisements

I am not a sensitive person, I had never seen a figure, spirit, however you want to call it, until Saturday afternoon at my aunt's house, I am still trying to find an explanation for it.

We were all in the kitchen/family room area, my cousins, my aunts, my husband, my daughter and her cousins (4 years old) were playing in the kitchen/family room area and sometimes out in the backyard. I am sitting laughing and talking to my aunts at the kitchen counter/bar, but I can still see part of their formal living room, and out of nowhere, out of the corner of my right eye, I see a black figure, it was solid black, no transparency, no see through like a "ghost", this thing slowly walked across the room, and all i could see was his profile, this thing never turned its head to look at us nothing, i only saw his profile, I have attached a picture so you could have an idea, it was a silhouette, it was kind of tall and I think it was a man because it didn't look like it had long hair or anything. After I saw it, I leaned on my chair and looked into the formal living room because I didn't want to believe what I just saw, but it was gone.

I told my cousin about this crazy experience that I just had, and she said that she has seen this "shadow" too, exactly how I described it and that they have had other experiences too, like things falling on the bathroom floor, deodorants, body sprays, etc.

Ever since they bought this house, I have always felt a weird energy in it, I feel like there is something bad in that house, I don't know if from previous owner, but I have always felt like it is a very dark house.

Has anyone experienced something like this? What are your thoughts on what I saw? Am I going crazy?

Ps. I have attached a picture.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
First time seeing something that looked like a shadow.-download.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 09:35 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD2015 View Post
... it was solid black, no transparency, no see through like a "ghost"...
FYI: "See-through" ghosts are actually an invention of the movies and storytellers like Charles Dickens. Here is a decent history overview: https://hyperallergic.com/410649/the...tural-history/

In most credible ghost sightings, most people had no idea they were speaking to or seeing a ghost. The supposed spirit appeared as real as anyone.

Quote:
Has anyone experienced something like this? What are your thoughts on what I saw? Am I going crazy?
I have seen things for which I don't have an explanation. Are you crazy? Not likely. But until further evidence comes to light, I would immediately jump to a paranormal explanation.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I told my cousin about this crazy experience that I just had, and she said that she has seen this "shadow" too, exactly how I described it and that they have had other experiences too, like things falling on the bathroom floor, deodorants, body sprays, etc.

Ever since they bought this house, I have always felt a weird energy in it, I feel like there is something bad in that house, I don't know if from previous owner, but I have always felt like it is a very dark house.
I'm not saying this is or is not a spirit of some sort. I have no idea. I would NOT jump to that conclusion until you have other evidence.

That said, this does sound like it might be what many exorcists term an Infestation. Exorcists classify four stages of active demonic activity:

Infestation. This is when a demon acts directly on a place or an object. Noises, knocking, things falling off the wall, objects disappearing and reappearing in odd places, etc.

Oppression. This is when a demon acts directly on a person, causing them anguish or distress. Things like pushing them, waking them from sleep, loud noises, etc.

Obsession. This is when a demon really begins to try to exert influence on a person through mental trauma, severe depression, incurable insomnia, unexplained pathologies, phobias, etc.

Possession. This is when a demon actually seizes control of a person's body.

Do NOT immediately assume you have any of these problems. But it sounds like this might possibly be an infestation of some sort.

If the issues are of serious enough concern, then I would consult a reputable priest. Do not approach the first quack or medium you find. Any reputable exorcist will first seek to eliminate any and all other causes. In cases of possession, no reputable exorcist will ever perform an exorcism on a person without first consulting psychiatrists, and any reputable exorcist will tell you that full-on possession is EXTREMELY rare. Most people who come to an exorcist because they think they are possessed actually just need a doctor or counseling.

By the way, any exorcist who wants to be paid for his services is a quack. Run away.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:17 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,024,923 times
I've seen a shadow person outside my bedroom window. My impression is that most of them are just curious and not malevolent. I have thought that they might be from another dimension.

I will say, as someone who clears spaces and people of spirit attachments, that the idea that a practitioner who spends their time and efforts, sometimes at considerable personal risk, to do this work should not be paid is beyond ridiculous. If I need the services of a professional, whether it be a dentist, an exterminator,, or an exorcist, I want a real professional, someone who has put in their time, energy, and yes, money in order to learn how to do a job right--not someone who does this as a hobby. ("I'd love to come over and remove that demon from your child, but my boss has me doing double shifts at the bowling alley so...")

Old 04-29-2019, 02:37 PM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Just a note that detaching retinas and other eye disorders can cause shadows and odd effects. A yearly checkup can rule that out.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I will say, as someone who clears spaces and people of spirit attachments, that the idea that a practitioner who spends their time and efforts, sometimes at considerable personal risk, to do this work should not be paid is beyond ridiculous.
Given the number of cheats, frauds, or self-deluded crazy people out there chasing spirits, it's beyond ridiculous to pay anyone for such work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhMGcp9xIhY

Old 04-30-2019, 11:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Given the number of cheats, frauds, or self-deluded crazy people out there chasing spirits, it's beyond ridiculous to pay anyone for such work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhMGcp9xIhY
I agree with that. When we had someone come to check out my GFs house when I was living there, this lady did it for free, she never asked for any money.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:32 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
I don't mean to play the skeptic, but...

You title saying that it was your "first time" implies that you expected to see one one day, and/or expect to see one again. Either implies belief, credulity...a generally unscientific approach which could mean that something easily explained became a wish fulfillment.

I don't know what you saw, and have no business judging, but listen very carefully to your own words and search your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal