U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2019, 08:58 PM
 
981 posts, read 441,638 times
Reputation: 723

Advertisements

Psychics are fake there are endless videos all over youtube that expose this fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2019, 10:58 PM
 
372 posts, read 436,990 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Psychics are fake there are endless videos all over youtube that expose this fact.
You may be on the wrong forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 06:20 AM
 
981 posts, read 441,638 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
You may be on the wrong forum.
Not at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 08:50 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
77,149 posts, read 69,067,477 times
Reputation: 74622
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Psychics are fake there are endless videos all over youtube that expose this fact.
MANY, perhaps most, people billing themselves as psychics are fake. The ones that are the real deal are rare, but they exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 09:01 AM
 
981 posts, read 441,638 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
MANY, perhaps most, people billing themselves as psychics are fake. The ones that are the real deal are rare, but they exist.
Then why did they not accept the James Randi Challenge? That says it all. Why not have scientists test them as well? Again that says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
77,149 posts, read 69,067,477 times
Reputation: 74622
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Then why did they not accept the James Randi Challenge? That says it all. Why not have scientists test them as well? Again that says it all.
What do you mean, "that says it all"? I'm sure some have never heard of it. Others don't feel the need to prove anything. And how would anyone be able to verify, that the spirit contact was bonafide? I don't know anything about how the challenge works, but the only way to corroborate what the medium is saying, would be if the "client" had some "there's no way s/he could have known that" moments. Like coming up with a childhood nickname in a foreign language, or the name of a sibling who died in early childhood, or mentioning some private incident between parent and child, or whatever.

There wouldn't be any way of "proving" anything, other than the word of the client.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 09:47 AM
 
981 posts, read 441,638 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What do you mean, "that says it all"? I'm sure some have never heard of it. Others don't feel the need to prove anything. And how would anyone be able to verify, that the spirit contact was bonafide? I don't know anything about how the challenge works, but the only way to corroborate what the medium is saying, would be if the "client" had some "there's no way s/he could have known that" moments. Like coming up with a childhood nickname in a foreign language, or the name of a sibling who died in early childhood, or mentioning some private incident between parent and child, or whatever.

There wouldn't be any way of "proving" anything, other than the word of the client.
These so-called psychics not only could have been given a million dollars but they also could have shown the world that what they claim is real. What a perfect opportunity for them and yet they would not do it. Again that says it all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
17,578 posts, read 53,478,437 times
Reputation: 29578
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
These so-called psychics not only could have been given a million dollars but they also could have shown the world that what they claim is real. What a perfect opportunity for them and yet they would not do it. Again that says it all
I suggest that you read deeper about Randi and include in that reading some of the criticisms. Somewhere along the way, his debunking changed from objective exposition of charlatans to a quite ugly and perverse vendetta that became dismissive and riddled with bias. A number of years ago your statement might have held weight. Sadly, that whole effort is so badly tainted now that it is a full-on witch hunt. Quantum physics discoveries that have been repeatedly proved, such as entanglement, are beyond simple Newtonian explanation,and the Randi fans refuse to accept those data as well, as fervently as any religious zealot would claim science as the realm of the devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 12:15 PM
 
981 posts, read 441,638 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I suggest that you read deeper about Randi and include in that reading some of the criticisms. Somewhere along the way, his debunking changed from objective exposition of charlatans to a quite ugly and perverse vendetta that became dismissive and riddled with bias. A number of years ago your statement might have held weight. Sadly, that whole effort is so badly tainted now that it is a full-on witch hunt. Quantum physics discoveries that have been repeatedly proved, such as entanglement, are beyond simple Newtonian explanation,and the Randi fans refuse to accept those data as well, as fervently as any religious zealot would claim science as the realm of the devil.
The fact is all these people had to do was prove there so-called supernatural abilities and they would not do it in all those many years the challenge was there for them. If they have so much power like they claim then there should be no problem at all in proving it that is a fact.

Also a fact is that there is no reason at all to believe in anything supernatural. There is not now nor has there ever been any evidence at all for anything spiritual or for anyone having any kind of occult ability
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2019, 02:19 PM
 
Location: NJ
10,367 posts, read 21,093,963 times
Reputation: 8177
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
The fact is all these people had to do was prove there so-called supernatural abilities and they would not do it in all those many years the challenge was there for them. If they have so much power like they claim then there should be no problem at all in proving it that is a fact.

Also a fact is that there is no reason at all to believe in anything supernatural. There is not now nor has there ever been any evidence at all for anything spiritual or for anyone having any kind of occult ability
I just did a quick google. About a thousand people have applied, but no one has been successful. The challenge is over.

Teresa Caputo the Long Island Medium has had brain testing done while doing a reading. It showed a lot of brain activity.

One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge

Last edited by Roselvr; 05-11-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top