U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM

18,485 posts, read 22,934,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I just did a quick google. About a thousand people have applied, but no one has been successful. The challenge is over.

Teresa Caputo the Long Island Medium has had brain testing done while doing a reading. It showed a lot of brain activity.

One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge
The most amazing thing about that jerk Randi, would be that he spent a lifetime trying to "disprove" something.

That's a negative life, by any definition. Amazing and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM

54,883 posts, read 53,639,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
But again, what good does it do if he brings up stuff people already know?
"Comfort" could be one answer.

I was shocked when the psychic said that there was someone near me who died in childhood and that "second cousin" was what came to her mind. Her death affected me terribly. I knew she was sick and I had to pray every night for God to heal her, but I didn't know about leukemia or the possibility that she could DIE. We were both six.

Sometimes when I said my prayers at night, my sister and I were kicking each other under the blankets or goofing off and I didn't really concentrate on the prayers, so when my cousin died, I knew it had to be because I didn't pray right. If I'd had, God wouldn't have killed her, right? That morphed into becoming terrified that now God was going to kill me, too. Short version, understated, this affected me adversely for a long time.

Fifty-four years later, this psychic tells me this, and I said, "Yes, it was a girl, and her name was Kathy." The psychic said, "She wants you to know how much she loved playing with you and to let you know that you will play together again."

Even though I'd long discarded the notion that I killed Kathy by not praying correctly or that I had to count my steps to keep the dark death thing from getting me too, it felt more OK after hearing that.

Could she have been bs-ing? Maybe. But that was a hell of a good guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Psychics/readers seem to always mention moves, job changes, meeting certain people, etc. I suppose if they tell this to everyone, it's bound to be true for some. And it's really difficult to remember exactly what was said, confirmation bias and memory errors make it almost impossible. I guess the only way to be sure would be to record the reading and verify after a few months.
A friend who spoke with a psychic at a party a month before her daughter was born was told, "You are going to have to talk to the doctor about the position the baby is in. The baby seems to be standing in your womb."

Her daughter was breach, and the doctor performed a C-section.

Old Today, 08:23 AM

14 posts, read 928 times
Quote:
Even though I'd long discarded the notion that I killed Kathy by not praying correctly or that I had to count my steps to keep the dark death thing from getting me too, it felt more OK after hearing that.

Could she have been bs-ing? Maybe. But that was a hell of a good guess.
I dont think she was guessing Mighty,she sounded real..... Alot of them who charge alot of money are not real and look for things to home in on to make it seem like they know......

Im glad you felt better after she told ya -- Its good we have those we can goto that can dwelve into that world and help us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal