U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 05:07 PM

372 posts, read 436,644 times

Advertisements

Hello, a few months ago I posted about my search for a Psychic Medium. I found one and thought I would tell you what happened. I found V.C. quite by accident. There is a gift shop in the city I live and I was looking at their Facebook page and they posted they were going to have readings in May for a discounted amount of $20 for 15 minutes. I looked up the different mediums and saw for one that we had a friend in common called K. I sent a message to K asking about this and she replied that they were friends through their adult daughters. K. said that they went to lunch one day and that V.C. told K. things about her dad that no one knew. K. said she wasn't personally interested in this type of information due to religious reasons and respected that V.C. had a gift but did not personally want to pursue it. I respect her position on this. It's not for everybody and some may truly be uncomfortable with it.

That said I went to one of the Sunday readings and V.C. got a few "hits". So I set up a group reading with 4 very different friends that don't know each other. One lost her son to a drug overdose, one had her mother pass several years ago and grieves to this day, one lost her mother last year and has questions, and my last friend is interested in the subject but did not have a strong pull to hear from anyone in particular.

On the day of the group reading I prayed hardest for my first two friends to receive a message. My friend whose son has passed was really on my heart. She has so many questions. Did he suffer? Was it quick? etc. Then I really hoped my friend who has struggled with her mom's passing would receive also receive a message.

My friends arrived, we all got a glass of wine and V.C. explained how things worked for her. The first thing she said was "Who has the mother figure with a "V" name?" Vivian? Valerie? Well I looked at my friend and hoped it was her. I didn't know her mom's name! I still don't. We all looked blankly at her and she said, "Don't worry, it will come to you later."

She then went through the next 90 or so minutes giving each of us a message. She told me that my father was present and had two sets of twin boys with him. My mother was pregnant with twins once and I was pregnant with twins twice. Other than my husband no one knows this.

She gave my friend whose mom passed a message that two dogs were there. She had a dog pass in the last month.

For my friend that did not have a strong pull for any one person received a message of how she fished with her grandfather as a child. She described where they fished and it was very accurate.

My friend whose son died received a message from her father. He was very specific about things. Sadly her son did not come through.

My friend whose mom passed last year got the most specific reading. V.C. described her mom very specifically. She was apparently not very nice and frankly said brutally honest things about her. My friend said that was all correct. It wasn't pretty.

What impressed me most was how specific V.C. with each of us.

And oh yeah. My mother in laws name started with a "V". She's been gone for 20 years and I was concentrating so hard for my friend I didn't even think of her! We're gonna do another reading in the fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 06:05 PM

18,469 posts, read 22,922,021 times
[quote=Madmom2000;55103240]Hello, a few months ago I posted about my search for a Psychic Medium. I found one and thought I would tell you what happened. I found V.C. quite by accident. There is a gift shop in the city I live and I was looking at their Facebook page and they posted they were going to have readings in May for a discounted amount of $20 for 15 minutes. I looked up the different mediums and saw for one that we had a friend in common called K. I sent a message to K asking about this and she replied that they were friends through their adult daughters. K. said that they went to lunch one day and that V.C. told K. things about her dad that no one knew. K. said she wasn't personally interested in this type of information due to religious reasons and respected that V.C. had a gift but did not personally want to pursue it. I respect her position on this. It's not for everybody and some may truly be uncomfortable with it.

That said I went to one of the Sunday readings and V.C. got a few "hits". So I set up a group reading with 4 very different friends that don't know each other. One lost her son to a drug overdose, one had her mother pass several years ago and grieves to this day, one lost her mother last year and has questions, and my last friend is interested in the subject but did not have a strong pull to hear from anyone in particular.

On the day of the group reading I prayed hardest for my first two friends to receive a message. My friend whose son has passed was really on my heart. She has so many questions. Did he suffer? Was it quick? etc. Then I really hoped my friend who has struggled with her mom's passing would receive also receive a message.

My friends arrived, we all got a glass of wine and V.C. explained how things worked for her. The first thing she said was "Who has the mother figure with a "V" name?" Vivian? Valerie? Well I looked at my friend and hoped it was her. I didn't know her mom's name! I still don't. We all looked blankly at her and she said, "Don't worry, it will come to you later."

She then went through the next 90 or so minutes giving each of us a message. She told me that my father was present and had two sets of twin boys with him. My mother was pregnant with twins once and I was pregnant with twins twice. Other than my husband no one knows this.

She gave my friend whose mom passed a message that two dogs were there. She had a dog pass in the last month.

For my friend that did not have a strong pull for any one person received a message of how she fished with her grandfather as a child. She described where they fished and it was very accurate.

My friend whose son died received a message from her father. He was very specific about things. Sadly her son did not come through.

My friend whose mom passed last year got the most specific reading. V.C. described her mom very specifically. She was apparently not very nice and frankly said brutally honest things about her. My friend said that was all correct. It wasn't pretty.

What impressed me most was how specific V.C. with each of us.

And oh yeah. My mother in laws name started with a "V". She's been gone for 20 years and I was concentrating so hard for my friend I didn't even think of her! We're gonna do another reading in the fall.[/QUOTE

That sounds so interesting! I see mediums at least once a year and what you described with the letter "V" happens so frequently. They always say "think of it, it will come to you later". With a good medium, it almost always does.

Where do you live?

Old 05-05-2019, 08:06 AM

14,789 posts, read 11,817,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almondjoystsalw View Post
I think it's disrespectful to the dead to contact a psychic medium.
I don't care if a person has actual abilities to contact and speak to a deceased person or not.
The intentions are rude.
Another way to view this is James Van Praagh tells of people jumping up and down
with so much excitement to get thru to their loved ones here.
So, there's that.
If someone is in a higher plane (Celestial Sphere)...they won't be bothered, so won't make the visit.
So, there's that aspect.
Then, you have so many tweeking light bulbs and doing all sorts of things to get our attention...
there's that, too.
I also find the intentions are for the communication to the loved ones here, to
help their distress...plus,
being paid is fun!
In other words, their actual intention is not rudeness.

Just another perspective.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:30 AM

54,852 posts, read 53,608,863 times
Quote:
I don't care if a person has actual abilities to contact and speak to a deceased person or not.
The intentions are rude.
The dead should be able to Rest In Peace or be able to move on and enjoy their after life.
I don't understand people that want to pay people to contact their deceased husband or who ever. Wouldn't they want their husband to be in a better place? And if they believe that who ever is in a better place, why would they want to try to summon that person away from that better place to speak to the person in the gift shop or wherever?

I think these people are fascinating but rude.
How do you know the dead don't want to be contacted?

The only time I've had this experience, I was not looking to contact a medium. I went for a card reading.

When I went into the room and sat down, SHE (the reader) said, "Before I get started I like to see if I get an impressions of past lives or of anyone in the spirit realm who might have a message for you". I didn't ask for it, but what she said next so completely shocked me that I don't really remember the card reading.

There is absolutely no way she could have known or even guessed that I had a second cousin the same age as me who died in childhood more than 50 years ago. And to specifically say "second cousin".

Old 05-05-2019, 12:39 PM

77,108 posts, read 69,045,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post

Thanks for sharing, OP! Glad the experience was rewarding for you.

The story I quoted stuck out for me, because we're lead to believe, that on "the other side", the deceased undergo learning experiences, and mature spiritually (which includes--psychologically). They go through a life review, we're told, during which they actually experience the emotions of the people they were negative or abusive towards.

But I have reason to believe, that isn't always the case. People who struggled in life, maybe from unresolved trauma, and were mean to others, seem to keep their personality traits there, or take much longer to absorb learning. Maybe they're in a more primitive stage of soul development, so it will take them more lifetimes to mellow out, IDK.

So this mother continued to badger her adult daughter, even from the other side, is that what you're saying? That's very interesting. Sad, but interesting.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:17 PM

77,108 posts, read 69,045,702 times
Quote:
The intentions are rude.
The dead should be able to Rest In Peace or be able to move on and enjoy their after life.
I don't understand people that want to pay people to contact their deceased husband or who ever. Wouldn't they want their husband to be in a better place? And if they believe that who ever is in a better place, why would they want to try to summon that person away from that better place to speak to the person in the gift shop or wherever?

I think these people are fascinating but rude.
The dead WANT to communicate with their live loved ones. Many of them, anyway. Many have important messages to impart to their loved ones, especially if they "departed" under painful circumstances. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine!, and I'm right here with you, you just can't see me!" That kind of thing. They're able to both be in a better place, and look after their loved ones, at the same time. They're multi-taskers.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-06-2019 at 09:08 PM..

Old 05-09-2019, 02:11 PM

11,814 posts, read 20,174,180 times
I’ve opened the thread back up. But I will be watching.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thanks for sharing, OP! Glad the experience was rewarding for you.

The story I quoted stuck out for me, because we're lead to believe, that on "the other side", the deceased undergo learning experiences, and mature spiritually (which includes--psychologically). They go through a life review, we're told, during which they actually experience the emotions of the people they were negative or abusive towards.

But I have reason to believe, that isn't always the case. People who struggled in life, maybe from unresolved trauma, and were mean to others, seem to keep their personality traits there, or take much longer to absorb learning. Maybe they're in a more primitive stage of soul development, so it will take them more lifetimes to mellow out, IDK.

So this mother continued to badger her adult daughter, even from the other side, is that what you're saying? That's very interesting. Sad, but interesting.

I don't think she "badgered" as much as she retained her personality. For example V.C. was sharing a message from the mom and it was quite lengthy and during it she used the term, "I'm busted." Well my friend's mom used that term a lot so that was a great validation.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The dead WANT to communicate with their live loved ones. Many of them, anyway. Many have important messages to impart to their loved ones, especially if they "departed" under painful circumstances. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine!, and I'm right here with you, you just can't see me!" That kind of thing. They're able to both be in a better place, and look after their loved ones, at the same time. They're multi-taskers.
And we did get quite a bit of that. "Don't mourn me, I was with you...Ö" sort of thing.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Iíve opened the thread back up. But I will be watching.
Thank you Tallysmom for opening the thread back up. The first reply asked where I live and I prefer not to answer. I am pretty well known through my work in the city where I live and not everyone will be as accepting and understanding as you all have been on this thread. In fact of the five of us, two are very well known in our city and had the same thing to say at the end of the reading. "This has been great. Nobody tell anybody!" LOL!

We're going to meet again, the 5 of us, in the fall for another reading. I have had a chance to talk with everyone individually since that night and they all had the same healing feeling and want another reading. I'll let you know how the next one goes and if anyone else goes to a psychic medium I would love to hear about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal