U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

538 posts, read 198,356 times

Advertisements

I recently had a premonition. What happened was my long distance boyfriend of 5 years visited me at my house from his location which is 800 miles away from mine. He stayed over during the month of Feb 2019. I noticed that he seemed drunk all of the time, even after he woke up in the morning he would reach for the last night's unfinished alcoholic beverages then he would open beers. He also misplaced his State ID (to fly home he needs this) in my bedroom. I found it just in time. After I dropped him off at the airport, I was at my house and I decided that I could no longer invite him back to my house. He seemed like a liability.
I then had this thought "He cannot have a heart attack and die at my house."

I changed my mind and decided to invite him back. In late March he came to visit me. This time after he went back home, I noticed he left his favorite shirt in my bedroom. 4 days after that he called me and we spoke for 2 minutes. He told me he wanted to move in with me. Then, 3 days later I discover he collapsed and died from a heart attack.

In hindsight I would like to find out if it would have made any difference if I decided to tell him about my premonition. Or should I have alerted his family? I do not feel guilty, since he really was not treating his body like a temple. But I am anxious to know for the next time that I have one of these premonitions. It is not the 1st one I have had, but it is the 1st death related premonition that I have had.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

371 posts, read 436,192 times
I think it's very normal that you are having these thoughts. I also think that from what you've described it was only a matter of time before his body gave in. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't tell his family because that's a no win situation.

I have found myself walking to the phone (both the landline and cell) to answer it before it rang not really even aware I was intentionally walking to it. In your case I would hope that it was God somehow preparing you for this. Please don't think you could have prevented it because even if you had told him he would have likely blown you off. Prayers for you as you heal.

Old Today, 06:09 PM

2,720 posts, read 1,176,786 times
Ageed with above poster--don't blame yourself for this. It's unfortunate that he obviously had a problem with eventually affected his health to the point it led to his death. The problem with premonitions is that even if you do mention them, often times the person brushes them off or thinks you are crazy.

I had guilt for years about a premonition I had back when I was 7. The neighbors down the road had bought a used car and I had a brief visual premonition of it on fire, crunched up and their 16-year-old daughter laying on the road. I recall it being pretty vivid and it scared me at the time. I told my parents and they assumed it was a nightmare or my imagination because I was a pretty imaginative kid. I told the neighbors and they told me 'don't worry honey, we don't let our daughter drive it because we know that she isn't a careful driver.' I felt better after they said that but still felt uneasy off and on.

The neighbors didn't let the daughter drive the car but she took it without permission one day before her parents got home from work. It was kind of a freak thing since her mom had walked to work that day because the day was so nice and was also trying to lose weight. Anyhow, the daughter was speeding along in the car, hit the no-rail and was ejected from the car through the windshield. The car caught fire when another vehicle hit it from behind; it was a Ford Pinto. Unfortunately the daughter died from her injuries. Her parents were completely devastated by the loss of their daughter. They were also very freaked out by my premonition and I remember being very upset over the entire thing.

So in reality, there likely wasn't much that you could have done. Be gentle with yourself and allow time to grieve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or