U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 07:38 PM

2,882 posts, read 3,170,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS
Interestingly, I have had a couple of experiences where information was revealed to me. I am certain of it. I listened, I understood. I cannot put the messages into words, nor can I actively form the thought, yet I know it is there. I believe I am not meant to remember it on a conscious level.
This kind of thing reported across many sources, gives me hope that what I am describing as real in this world (because there are many varied descriptions of it), will also be available to us in some other continuity of consciousness. I will still never be able to argue any longer that we do exist as a multi-dimensional being.

What I draw from all this is that there is circumstantial reported evidence our brains are capable of linking with other realities and allowing us to interact like foreigners in a foreign country. However I conclude that just because we experience these things when alive, does not mean we will when our brains stop functioning.

Our minds exist outside our physical brain, or at least it is a part of our physical brain which has not been explored or explained yet, and I know from my own experience it can reach out and access information which we logically cannot know.

As Vasily says, it all boils down to what we choose to believe. The 'evidence' I thought proved there is an afterlife - such as NDEs and OOBs do not prove it at all.

Even though I have had OOBs myself it still does not prove there is anything but blackness after death of the physical body. To add to that, when I was in emergency having the nurse perform CPR on me, I did not experience any NDE but only an awareness that someone was jumping up and down on my chest as I was coming around (or back).

All this non-evidence I choose to ignore and listen to the accounts I have read which gives me hope. I hope there is something out there for us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 08:47 PM

615 posts, read 170,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
A couple of recent discussions have prompted me to think more on this topic of an afterlife and spiritual realm and I want to run this by you all. Not sure if it should go in the Religion/Spirituality forum, please move it if it does.

What if...
6 people were sitting in a line, 3 can see a TV screen clearly and 3 cannot. All 6 people are told that a documentary will be shown and what the documentary is about.

On the TV screen is a documentary of life in another country. The images, and dialogue describes what happens in daily life, the culture, the education, the family life, the hopes and fears of the population.

This is analagous to our belief in an afterlife. Some have seen and heard the TV program and can describe it to the others who have not seen it.

However, just because all 6 people have been told about the conditions and life in that other country in the documentary, does not mean that any of the 6 people will EVER travel to that country. All they have done is seen a film of the the conditions there or been told about it. The country could have been fictitious the documentary could have been created as a social experiment, an April Fool, or merely a work of fiction and not a real place at all.
This part sounds rather like Plato's cave allegory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ultimately, I have a bad feeling, our individual 'afterlifes' are going to be what we most expect them to be, for example, if I believe I will be in some hellish dark realm, and constantly tortured by demonic looking creatures...well, that is probably what my afterlife is going to be like (my mind will make it come to fruition)...I truly hope Im wrong!!!!!
Sounds rather like the movie What Dreams May Come, from what I remember of it. (spoilers, etc.)

It seems that to an extent in that movie, each person creates their own idea of heaven (or hell).

Old 05-14-2019, 09:22 PM

547 posts, read 201,684 times
I always just let live and let die.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:11 PM

9,705 posts, read 2,465,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
This part sounds rather like Plato's cave allegory.

Sounds rather like the movie What Dreams May Come, from what I remember of it. (spoilers, etc.)

It seems that to an extent in that movie, each person creates their own idea of heaven (or hell).
Ive had many nightmares about this, in one...Im dying in the hospital, the next thing I know, I 'wake up' and Im inside a closed coffin, and it soon becomes clear this is where I will be spending eternity, I dont have to tell you how frightening this was!

Ive had others where I die and then 'all the sudden' Im in some dark and foggy place, and demons start torturing me ( I could feel the pain), and once there done, it starts all over again, on a repetitious loop.

The crazy thing about these nightmares...ANY of them COULD be accurate...we just dont know. There could be billions of people right now (that have died) and are being torn limb from limb over and over again...again, we just do not know.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 PM

4,737 posts, read 2,176,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I think we all should make a pinky promise that when we all pass away we try to still post here on C-D to let everybody know what it's like, that would be cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
My grandmother always told us kids she'd send a message from the other side if she could. None of us got a message so I assume she couldn't. But I had a weird recurring dream for several years after her death: my grandmother had come back from the dead, and when I tried to talk to her about it she couldn't say anything because the return from the other side removed her power of speech.
I had a hospice patient years ago who would talk about this potential all the time. The matriarch of a wealthy philanthropic family; “Jo” had decided to forgo chemo & pursue “an adventure” in death, which was pretty much the way she had lived her life. Widowed during middle age, she had never remarried & traveled the world extensively, many times alone. “Fearless” is a word her grown kids used to describe her.

Despite that this case involved an older person who had lived a full life where she had made her own choices, right up to the end; I probably wasn’t ready to have accepted a hospice case less than a year after my daughter had died. My own emotions functioned on auto-pilot as I tried to therapeutically engage with this patient & family.

I didn’t mention my recent loss at all. Until ... I don’t even know what came over me, it was just a spontaneous moment of weakness. She was unresponsive & death was imminent & quickly, I whispered “If you see my little girl when you get where you’re going, please remember me?”

She died about an hour later & I thought to myself; “I shouldn’t have done that. I’m just inviting ‘wishful thinking’ ...”

Months passed & I hadn’t given that day a second thought. Had a houseguest one night who had slept in after driving cross-country over several days. He had been in a Florida since the year before. Finally around 10am he came stumbling down the stairs to tell me he had been dreaming about Jessica.

He said that in his dream, an “old lady with a man’s name” was holding her & she laughed at him & said; “ You go tell her mama I’m here with her. She would just think she dreamed me!”

Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

373 posts, read 437,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I had a hospice patient years ago who would talk about this potential all the time. The matriarch of a wealthy philanthropic family; “Jo” had decided to forgo chemo & pursue “an adventure” in death, which was pretty much the way she had lived her life. Widowed during middle age, she had never remarried & traveled the world extensively, many times alone. “Fearless” is a word her grown kids used to describe her.

Despite that this case involved an older person who had lived a full life where she had made her own choices, right up to the end; I probably wasn’t ready to have accepted a hospice case less than a year after my daughter had died. My own emotions functioned on auto-pilot as I tried to therapeutically engage with this patient & family.

I didn’t mention my recent loss at all. Until ... I don’t even know what came over me, it was just a spontaneous moment of weakness. She was unresponsive & death was imminent & quickly, I whispered “If you see my little girl when you get where you’re going, please remember me?”

She died about an hour later & I thought to myself; “I shouldn’t have done that. I’m just inviting ‘wishful thinking’ ...”

Months passed & I hadn’t given that day a second thought. Had a houseguest one night who had slept in after driving cross-country over several days. He had been in a Florida since the year before. Finally around 10am he came stumbling down the stairs to tell me he had been dreaming about Jessica.

He said that in his dream, an “old lady with a man’s name” was holding her & she laughed at him & said; “ You go tell her mama I’m here with her. She would just think she dreamed me!”
That is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing that blessing with us! And my sincere sympathy on your daughter's passing. I truly believe you will see her again.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

5,413 posts, read 7,394,709 times
" The crazy thing about these nightmares...ANY of them COULD be accurate...we just dont know. There could be billions of people right now (that have died) and are being torn limb from limb over and over again...again, we just do not know."

I believe I know, and that is not happening.
If it makes you feel any better, take two aspirin, and call me in the morning.

Bob.

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM

1,849 posts, read 786,707 times
Enough people have experienced paranormal events for me to believe they are actually normal, but inexplicable and unprovable. That they exist is comforting on some level, because we know that we don't know it all. Whatever is or isn't waiting for us after death is a matter of belief. But it is inexplicable and unprovable.

Old Today, 07:13 AM

4,737 posts, read 2,176,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
That is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing that blessing with us! And my sincere sympathy on your daughter's passing. I truly believe you will see her again.
Thank you! I sure hope so. The funny thing to me is how I was somewhat annoyed that I didn't get to have that dream. Obviously, I had already set myself up to attribute any potential event as 'wishful thinking' ... & was easily outdone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal