U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 07:40 AM

2,242 posts, read 1,462,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not IMO, demons attach themselves to people (not places or objects). This is something different.

I'm not sure I would call it a 'ghost' though... We don't really know what the definition of that term is yet, until we know WHAT a 'ghost' is, it's not logical to use them to explain something (IMO anyway).
It's my belief that "ghost phenomena" can be many things. Time slips, place memory, etc. HOWEVER, any so-called "ghost" that's interactive/responsive in real time, must be Demonic.

Dead people do NOT become ghosts that can interact or respond with live humans. But Demons can, and do, when it suits their purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 11:11 AM

10,559 posts, read 2,692,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
It's my belief that "ghost phenomena" can be many things. Time slips, place memory, etc. HOWEVER, any so-called "ghost" that's interactive/responsive in real time, must be Demonic.

Dead people do NOT become ghosts that can interact or respond with live humans. But Demons can, and do, when it suits their purposes.
Some ghosts may be demons in disguise, but certainly not all of them, there have lots of cases where 'ghosts' are very helpful and encourage people to do the right thing...doesnt sound like a demon to me.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Some ghosts may be demons in disguise, but certainly not all of them, there have lots of cases where 'ghosts' are very helpful and encourage people to do the right thing...doesnt sound like a demon to me.
Ok, then I can clarify a bit more: If some are helpful, perhaps those could be Angels instead of Demons. Certainly if Demons can appear to be "ghosts", so could Angels.

Then again, nothing says Demons have to always do only solidly "evil" things. If it suits their purposes for deception, IE: the "long con", why couldn't they be good once in a while?

Old 05-19-2019, 06:45 PM

18,656 posts, read 23,235,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
This was an interesting (and scary) read. I had never read or heard about this. I wonder if the house is still standing and if so, if anything else happened there?

I was wondering the same thing. Is the house standing?

Really, I am shocked that I never heard of this. Thank you for posting.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Ok, then I can clarify a bit more: If some are helpful, perhaps those could be Angels instead of Demons. Certainly if Demons can appear to be "ghosts", so could Angels.

Then again, nothing says Demons have to always do only solidly "evil" things. If it suits their purposes for deception, IE: the "long con", why couldn't they be good once in a while?
I see what you are saying, anything is possible I guess...but take the 'ghost' I saw once, it was neither good or bad, it was just a grayish transparent ball I saw in a stairwell, if floated around for a bit and then it was gone. I know it had 'mass' because it cast a shadow, and I know it was not a reflection or trick of sunlight, because this stairwell and hall had no windows, just a hall light fixture that was on at all times.

I have to assume it knew I was watching it, but it didnt attempt to communicate with me or come closer, it was just doing its thing (whatever that was) and then it was gone. I felt neither fright or elation, I guess it was just neutral.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:04 AM

10,670 posts, read 21,348,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Is the house standing?

Really, I am shocked that I never heard of this. Thank you for posting.
He took the story from this page, there's a pic of the house. I read it this morning, can't recall if it's still standing

The Great Amherst Mystery: A Documented Haunting

Old 05-20-2019, 11:12 AM

11,932 posts, read 20,383,027 times
This brought to mind the Bell Witch.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:57 PM

49 posts, read 9,657 times
Quote:

Itís said Demons come in the form of light to. The devil came as a angel of light. Evil can try and bring good and holy thoughts attractive to such an upright soul and then strives little by little to get itís own way.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
Itís said Demons come in the form of light to. The devil came as a angel of light. Evil can try and bring good and holy thoughts attractive to such an upright soul and then strives little by little to get itís own way.
So, if demons come disguised as something good or in the form of light...what kind of entity comes as something darker?

I guess a better way to word that would be...what group/entity would try to disguise itself as something 'dark/evil'?

Old 05-22-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
So, if demons come disguised as something good or in the form of light...what kind of entity comes as something darker?

I guess a better way to word that would be...what group/entity would try to disguise itself as something 'dark/evil'?
Demons CAN come disguised as angels of light. HOWEVER, good angels can NOT come disguised as 'dark/evil'.

So there's your answer. Only demons can come as either. At least to human eyes, as even their doing what seems like 'good' will likely turn out to ultimately have an evil purpose. Or be part of some deception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or