Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 10:09 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times

Advertisements

During one of my lowest points in life, a box filled with cherished memories from my late wife appeared in my bedroom. I had forgotten all about it. I filled the box and put it in my closet and it fell off my radar screen as I tried to raise my children. A decade plus later, both kids away at school, and nobody else having access to my home, and it shows up on the floor in my bedroom. Nobody but me even knew about that box.

So I know such things happen, but just for peace of mind, and assuming it was on a nightstand table, did you look behind the table? Under the table? I've knocked my alarm clock off my nightstand and didn't realize I had done it until the next day when I couldn't find it and discovered it on the floor, behind and under the nightstand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 10:50 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
I posted in your other thread about the door opening during the night. I bolded my questions to you:

How old is this house & do you know the history of it at all?
How long have you been living there?
Does ANYTHING strange happen in any other rooms of the house?
Have you thought about hiring OR will you hire some paranormal investigators?
Are you thinking about moving after all this? I would, but I know spirits can follow people.
Did you ever set up that video camera yet? That will help to see what happened w/ this too.

I personally wouldn't be able to take this, but I wouldn't know what to do. I guess bring a pastor in the house to bless it. I'd be so terrified because this kind of stuff gives me the creeps.

It's obvious a previous owner of this house is doing things to disrupt your life. So far, the actions have been minor (opening door at night & missing alarm clock). I hope this never happens, but what are you going to do if the strange event escalates to more serious things?

Old 05-25-2019, 07:46 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Do you take any sort of sleep aid, like Ambien? There are cases of people that take the drug having done strange things in the middle of the night, even to driving their cars, and have no memory of doing it.
Ambien.. Taking that was a nightmare.. I drove 4 unruly dogs to the vet to get their shots and have absolutely no memory of it at all. The receptionist thought I was nuts when I called to make an appt. and telling me that I had been there the week before. I even found the bill and the rabies tags so I know I did go. I honestly didn't believe her at first.
My kids would often look at me like I was crazy because they'd say I would repeat myself constantly. At the time I didn't realize it was the sleeping pill but once I stopped taking them I was better.

OP.. sounds like you've got a poltergeist or a ghostly visitor that's trying to get your attention. Usually they've got something to say or want someone to hear their story. If that's the case you'll 'know' things because it will tell you while you're sleeping. It may even be a family member trying to connect with you. So far it's been harmless.. Just try to ignore it. If it starts to get scary or touches you... having gone through something similar I'd suggest you get the heck out of there.

And please answer some of the questions that Forever Blue asked.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:42 PM

1,665 posts, read 973,674 times
Haven't have anything come up missing from the room yet...

When we moved in, wife was working. I would here like a step. I thought nothing of it until it happened more. I thought it was the place settling in. Brand new, bought it from my aunt. Trailer was moved onto the land. So I figured it was that. Just settlement. But at times it feels like we're being watched.

While she was working, I was in the bedroom and had my cousin with me. I was going through some clothes and he was going to bring them to donate. A woman's voice said "hello". Loud, crystal clear. Mike heard it too and I went to go see who it was. Usually the insurance lady would come get payment. There was nobody around. Went outside to the front, in case they parked and walked around to the back door. Nothing. We looked at each other and both agreed that we've heard a woman.

I asked my wife if she had heard anything around the house. She said yes. One night while I was working, (I work 24 hrs on and off for 48 hrs), she was soaking in the tub. She heard voices just talking. Couldn't make it out what was said. Tv or radio wasn't on. Wasn't my portable radio either, I bring it to work.

I began taking pictures around the inside and picked up a face. Looks like a red demon face. But there's no feeling of evil or ill will.

Our niece and nephew refuse to come over for the night. They said it's spooky. I don't know if they had any experiences. When my mom stayed a few nights, she felt something in the corner of the bedroom and her dog kept growling and acted scared. In the same bedroom, our son and his wife said they have heard something in there. Also foot steps coming down the hall and inside the smaller bedroom.

We both hear voices once in a while. One night when we were in bed, we kissed each other good night and I could see her face in the light given off by the camera battery charger. She had a puzzled look and I asked her what was wrong. She told me that she just saw an elderly man, looked like a farmer and really poor looking. Just inside the bathroom door, just looking at us.

We are not scared by these occurrences. We used to go "ghost hunting" just for fun. I don't know if some spirits followed us or there was a house where we now stay at. Used to be rice and crawfish fields before more and more people began moving onto the road we live on.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I posted in your other thread about the door opening during the night. I bolded my questions to you:

How old is this house & do you know the history of it at all?
How long have you been living there?
Does ANYTHING strange happen in any other rooms of the house?
Have you thought about hiring OR will you hire some paranormal investigators?
Are you thinking about moving after all this? I would, but I know spirits can follow people.
Did you ever set up that video camera yet? That will help to see what happened w/ this too.

I personally wouldn't be able to take this, but I wouldn't know what to do. I guess bring a pastor in the house to bless it. I'd be so terrified because this kind of stuff gives me the creeps.

It's obvious a previous owner of this house is doing things to disrupt your life. So far, the actions have been minor (opening door at night & missing alarm clock). I hope this never happens, but what are you going to do if the strange event escalates to more serious things?
The house was built in the early 1950s. I have lived here for about 6 yrs now. Ive never had anything strange happen before the incident with the door opening those 3 times. Nothing strange has happened in any other part of the house either.

This is not enough to make me consider moving, its been random incidents and often goes months between incidents, so IDK, apparently whatever is doing this, doesnt mind taking its time!

Im considering some kind of security cam in my bedroom, Im thinking a regular wildlife camera would work, motion activated and it snaps a few pics of the area, I guess they would work indoors too.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:42 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
^ Thanks for answering. I wish I knew something to really help.

Have you ever burned sage like they say to do to "clean" the space of negative energy?

I hope things don't get too crazy.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:16 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, I dont take any medicine like that. Im pretty sure I do not sleep walk either, as put down some baby powder on the floor back when I having trouble with my door opening...it never had any footprints in it.
But by information you've provided in other posts, you do take a medication that can cause mental confusion or hallucinations.

I'm not dismissing your experience because I know paranormal things do happen, but I think you have to take into consideration that this could be a side effect.

However, putting the camera in the room would tell you that. You'd see yourself moving things...or not.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:27 PM

306 posts, read 335,700 times
Don't consider installing a camera. Do it. A game cam is a good, cheap idea. I bought several used ones on Ebay for security and monitoring for mice/bats in my cabin. This would help document what is actually happening. Sounds like sleepwalking to me. I like that you tried the baby powder, but you'd need to do that every day/night to get good data.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:01 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But by information you've provided in other posts, you do take a medication that can cause mental confusion or hallucinations.

I'm not dismissing your experience because I know paranormal things do happen, but I think you have to take into consideration that this could be a side effect.

However, putting the camera in the room would tell you that. You'd see yourself moving things...or not.
Ive been taking that medication for many years too (Suboxone) Never once had any of those side effects.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:27 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive been taking that medication for many years too (Suboxone) Never once had any of those side effects.
Yes, but you know side effects can happen even after years of use without experiencing any.

I'm just saying rule out that possibility before you assume it's something otherworldly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal