U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 04:03 AM

2,911 posts, read 3,198,452 times

Advertisements

Tie a string to your big toe and then tie the other end to your bedpost. That way, if it is untied in the morning you will know you have done it. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 11:00 PM

55,599 posts, read 54,202,806 times
Reminds me of those stories of people who get up and eat while sleepwalking and don't remember. Hope the OP didn't eat his clock.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:44 AM

14,286 posts, read 11,631,138 times
Sometimes we are distracted by phone calls, knocks on the door, unusual sounds from the house inside or outside. We can then misplace objects that have always been in the same place for years. We can walk to another room or place objects in places that we would normally not associate with an alarm clock or whatever.

Sometimes we also place objects too close to the edge of a dresser where they can fall and bounce under a bed or dresser thus making them hard to find.

That does not mean 'paranormal'; it simply means that we do not know where it is as of this time. It would be helpful if all the people, that thought they had something taken by a ghost, would post an update when they find the object where they placed it by accident!

Old 06-04-2019, 12:47 AM

2,964 posts, read 1,607,422 times
Have you heard the alarm go off? If there's a question of dropping it trace the cord from the plug to the alarm IF it's plugged in.

Check all your drawers you or the spirit might have moved it there. It has to be somewhere. A material thing can't vanish. Are you hearing anything like foot steps?

Get a recorder app on your phone turn it on and ask some questions. You might hear some answers on there.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:32 PM

10,198 posts, read 2,611,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Have you heard the alarm go off? If there's a question of dropping it trace the cord from the plug to the alarm IF it's plugged in.

Check all your drawers you or the spirit might have moved it there. It has to be somewhere. A material thing can't vanish. Are you hearing anything like foot steps?

Get a recorder app on your phone turn it on and ask some questions. You might hear some answers on there.
No luck on finding the clock yet, I have torn the upstairs and most of the downstairs apart, looking for it. My house doesnt have alot of clutter on either floor, as its just me living here, and I do not have much in the way of things, furniture, boxes, etc.

I have not heard the alarm going off either, Occasionally I do hear foot steps on my roof, and I thought the other night, I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door (overnight), but Im not sure if that was part of a dream or still half asleep. (Ive heard foot steps on the roof here and there in the past, its always overnight and there is never anything there if I go outside to check).

Old 06-05-2019, 10:53 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,186,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No luck on finding the clock yet, I have torn the upstairs and most of the downstairs apart, looking for it. My house doesnt have alot of clutter on either floor, as its just me living here, and I do not have much in the way of things, furniture, boxes, etc.

I have not heard the alarm going off either, Occasionally I do hear foot steps on my roof, and I thought the other night, I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door (overnight), but Im not sure if that was part of a dream or still half asleep. (Ive heard foot steps on the roof here and there in the past, its always overnight and there is never anything there if I go outside to check).
That's interesting about hearing the footsteps on the roof. As you probably know there could be many different reasons why and they might not be paranormal at all. It could be the wood reacting to the cooler night air temps, or it could be an animal of some sort.. But, where I live now we used to hear what we jokingly called the gnome running over our roof and when we were downstairs we'd here obvious footsteps walking across our bedroom floor.
When I posted my query about that in this forum many suggested it could be animal or the wood expanding so we brought in an exterminator who found no evidence of animals and then I waited a year though all 4 seasons to see when and what times we'd here the footsteps in our bedroom. What I discovered was that the footsteps only happened when my son came over to visit.

Now, I'm not saying your footsteps are paranormal.. but what I did was to go into the bedroom and living room, told it that it was scaring me and I asked it to stop, and it did. I felt like an idiot talking to 'nothing' but it worked. I don't know if it was paranormal or not, and frankly I don't care. I just know it worked. You could try that too.

Good luck!

Old 06-05-2019, 12:46 PM

11,899 posts, read 20,310,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
That's interesting about hearing the footsteps on the roof. As you probably know there could be many different reasons why and they might not be paranormal at all. It could be the wood reacting to the cooler night air temps, or it could be an animal of some sort.. But, where I live now we used to hear what we jokingly called the gnome running over our roof and when we were downstairs we'd here obvious footsteps walking across our bedroom floor.
When I posted my query about that in this forum many suggested it could be animal or the wood expanding so we brought in an exterminator who found no evidence of animals and then I waited a year though all 4 seasons to see when and what times we'd here the footsteps in our bedroom. What I discovered was that the footsteps only happened when my son came over to visit.

Now, I'm not saying your footsteps are paranormal.. but what I did was to go into the bedroom and living room, told it that it was scaring me and I asked it to stop, and it did. I felt like an idiot talking to 'nothing' but it worked. I don't know if it was paranormal or not, and frankly I don't care. I just know it worked. You could try that too.

Good luck!
Our footsteps on the roof are “toonies”. Our cute name for raccoons. The mom has three or four kits (I think that’s what you call baby raccoons) and when they get old enough she takes them around and up the trees and onto the roof. Where they run and play.

We frequently joke about calling the HOA about the upstairs neighbors.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:49 AM

10,198 posts, read 2,611,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Our footsteps on the roof are “toonies”. Our cute name for raccoons. The mom has three or four kits (I think that’s what you call baby raccoons) and when they get old enough she takes them around and up the trees and onto the roof. Where they run and play.

We frequently joke about calling the HOA about the upstairs neighbors.
Yes, I know what raccoons walking around on a roof sounds like, the house I lived in prior to this one, we had a family of coons, 3-4 babies, that would come out at night and make all kinds of noise, they lived in the attic part of a detached garage, there were also trees around the house, so they could get up to the roof.

My house now, there are no trees anywhere close to the house, and the walking sounds did not sound anything similar to my old house, so who knows? Im not saying they are one thing, or paranormal, I have no idea what they are.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:20 AM

2,990 posts, read 2,149,314 times
Homeless dude living in the attic? Hey, its happened!

Old 06-07-2019, 12:05 PM

236 posts, read 62,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Occasionally I do hear foot steps on my roof, and I thought the other night, I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door (overnight), but Im not sure if that was part of a dream or still half asleep. (Ive heard foot steps on the roof here and there in the past, its always overnight and there is never anything there if I go outside to check).
I've heard about foot steps on roof...also knocking on window or door. I also heard about scratching on wall. This past winter, I experienced knocking on the window. I was in a room at home at night, typing up a memoir. The computer desk faces a window, so during the day, I can open the blinds and enjoy the view as I work. This night, the blinds were drawn. All of a sudden, the dogs started to bark, and I heard a knock on the window in front of me, 3 taps on glass with fingernails. I jumped up, grabbed the shotgun and flashlight and ran outside. I inspected the area around the window. The fresh snowfall revealed no footprints. I checked the roof too, and there were no footprints there either. I fired a shot into the air to let the perp know I wasn't amused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal