U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 01:06 PM

4,852 posts, read 2,903,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
UFOs, are said to be one of the briefing topics that newly elected presidents receive.
How can anyone argue with "facts" like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 04:05 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,696,178 times
Quote:
The interview with the pilot that I read, the pilot was making remarks about how incredible this technology was, and how great it would be if they had access to aircraft with that kind of technology, the pilot was pretty impressed with what he was seeing.
The pilot was assuming what he was seeing was an aircraft. As I and others have said (for a number of reasons) -- not necessarily so.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:11 AM

10,518 posts, read 2,687,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The pilot was assuming what he was seeing was an aircraft. As I and others have said (for a number of reasons) -- not necessarily so.
He also had visual confirmation of this particular craft (not just relying on his cockpit display).

But lets go down the road of the cockpit display being inaccurate...Surely this would not have the first time it happened...I will have to do some searching and reading on that.

** I have to admit though, this is getting a bit boring, Im never going to convince you it was something 'unknown' and you will never convince me it was 'nothing but a fluke'. We both have bad cases of confirmation bias.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:41 AM

14,375 posts, read 11,705,189 times
Quote:
He also had visual confirmation of this particular craft (not just relying on his cockpit display).

But lets go down the road of the cockpit display being inaccurate...Surely this would not have the first time it happened...I will have to do some searching and reading on that.

** I have to admit though, this is getting a bit boring, Im never going to convince you it was something 'unknown' and you will never convince me it was 'nothing but a fluke'. We both have bad cases of confirmation bias.
I believe that we are saying 'unknown', at least for now. You want 'unknown' to mean ET without any solid evidence. You are also using terms like 'craft', referring to a spacecraft, when we do not have one to examine.

Of course you can claim government conspiracy and coverup for secrecy; which could be the case. When you think of the very limited amount of land controlled directly by our government; it is far more likely that ET contact would first happen in the public sector.

There is one more side to reports, like these, and that it could be a planned military distraction. If our military found a way to create these sightings; it could give them a military advantage in the next conflict in several different ways. It could keep our enemy busy chasing ghost or defending against these ghost. It could show us where our enemy has forces deployed. It could make our enemy waste resources (ammunition and fuel). It could also make our enemy think we have technological superiority.

To me, I am of the belief that ET will not travel the distance without good reason - like another home world!

Old 06-17-2019, 06:23 AM

4,852 posts, read 2,903,405 times
Quote:
Several people have already admitted that there are unknowns out there but they do not believe they are intelligent extraterrestrial life.

You never offer proof of intelligent extraterrestrial life but keep talking about things totally unrelated to it like government conspiracies.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:30 PM

10,518 posts, read 2,687,692 times
Oct. 10, 1973; Near Dayton, OH
8:00 p.m. At least 15 sightings of unidentified flying objects "covered with red, green and blue lights" zooming about at tree-top level, were reported in Southwestern Ohio Wednesday night. The UFOs, sighted in the Dayton-Cincinnati area, were all classified "unofficial" by Wright-Patterson Air Force Base officials. None were detected on radar because they apparently were flying too low. The first sighting was reported shortly after 8 p.m. by a New Lebanon Township officer. "He didn't want to say he saw it, but he saw it," Montgomery County Sheriff's deputy Michael Sullivan reported. "The officer said it was oblong and covered with lights. It appeared stationary in the sky about tree top level for several minutes until he tried to shine his cruiser spot light on it," Sullivan said. "It then zoomed toward him and then shot straight up in the air... after he turned out his light... and disappeared." Sullivan said the UFO sightings lasted from a fleeting moment to 12 minutes. "They would be behind the trees and come up and fly away... as if you startled it or something," he said. "No balloon, helicopter or kite can move that fast or has that many lights attached or can go so quickly in a straight-up direction," he said. A spokesman at Wright-Patterson, whose UFO center was discontinued several years ago, said there would be no attempt to investigate the sightings unless there was an "imminent danger." Sullivan said his officers 'certainly can't chase them." (UPI, The Columbus Dispatch, October 11, 1973)

Old 06-17-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I don't know what it was and neither do you (or for that matter, the pilot). That's what makes it a UFO. You're misinterpreting what I and others are saying. We are not claiming it was "nothing but a fluke", it's that there are explanations that don't involve it being a craft piloted by extraterrestrials - or a craft at all. And as I and others have pointed out - there could be other unknowns involved, like unknown or rare atmospheric or visual phenomena.

The experienced pilot said it was 40 feet long. As Jacques Vallee pointed out many years ago, unless you have something of known size next to an object, you don't know how large it is and the further away, the more likely there's an error in size estimation. I'm surprised an experienced pilot would make this kind of mistake, but being a pilot doesn't make you infallible. Another example: the video where pilots are saying "what is that thing?" and "look at it rotate!". if you read the article I reposted it's pretty clear that the appearance of the object and the rotation can be explained by the FLIR picking up the exhaust of a distant aircraft plus the rotation of the FLIR device as it tracks the exhaust.

Further - the involvement of the To The Stars group in promoting this material makes it suspect. The first any of us heard of it was the video posted by To The Stars. I don't know to what extent they edited or manipulated the material, or combined material from different sources to "sell" the story. All of the above is not confirmation bias on my part, it's called being cautious about what you're looking at rather than accepting materials presented as "proof" at face value.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Oct. 10, 1973; Near Dayton, OH
8:00 p.m. At least 15 sightings of unidentified flying objects "covered with red, green and blue lights" ...
What does this have to do with the reliability of the Navy Pilots' report?

Old 06-17-2019, 01:43 PM

17,608 posts, read 8,837,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
All that's true, but we don't have anything, manned or unmanned, that can do what is reported, such as no hot exhaust, virtually instantaneous acceleration, and hypersonic speeds. If all the reports are on the up and up, then there's something strange or our sensing equipment is malfunctioning, and the pilots aren't seeing what they think they're seeing. There still remains some question, in my mind, about the motivation of Elizondo and all the "To the Stars Academy" guys, but the program is still one of the best UFO-type progams around. But when they start having people like Mike Bara on the program, their credibility takes a hit.
You work in Huntsville, don't you? I'm guessing hypersonic. Yes, exhaust signature should be seen, that's a good point. Knew a guy in the SR-71 program that still has his fingers in the cookie jar "kind of" because he's old, lol. All the propulsion systems still generate heat.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
There still remains some question, in my mind, about the motivation of Elizondo and all the "To the Stars Academy" guys, but the program is still one of the best UFO-type progams around. But when they start having people like Mike Bara on the program, their credibility takes a hit.
Just watched episode 3 last night. I have seen some photos and clips I haven't seen before during the first three episodes, and the interviews with pilots have been interesting. I agree both on it being one of the the best ufo programs - and on Mike Bara.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or