U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 01:43 PM

16,329 posts, read 20,664,045 times

Advertisements

Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/u...vy-pilots.html

Excerpt:

Quote:
The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

“These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years, and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were videotaped, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.

“Wow, what is that, man?” one exclaims. “Look at it fly!”

No one in the Defense Department is saying that the objects were extraterrestrial, and experts emphasize that earthly explanations can generally be found for such incidents. Lieutenant Graves and four other Navy pilots, who said in interviews with The New York Times that they saw the objects in 2014 and 2015 in training maneuvers from Virginia to Florida off the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, make no assertions of their provenance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 03:02 PM

3,480 posts, read 1,642,958 times
Extremely interesting!

Old 05-28-2019, 04:18 PM

4,064 posts, read 7,737,698 times
The government is well aware of the public's fear and fascination with UFOs and aliens, so they are adding fuel to keep the mysteries alive for their own purposes. Who is not going to believe Navy pilots, right?

Old 05-28-2019, 05:04 PM

2,904 posts, read 3,196,802 times
These are the same reported sightings as the ToTheStarsAcademy released as 3 videos earlier and I believe their new series Unidentified on History channel (which starts on 31st May) is the cause of some publicity.

Cynical I might be, but it seems a coincidence this new series is starting in the near future.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:12 PM

14,271 posts, read 11,624,769 times
From this link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cts/ar-AABXltD I quote:

"Leon Golub, a senior astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, said the possibility of an extraterrestrial cause “is so unlikely that it competes with many other low-probability but more mundane explanations.” He added that “there are so many other possibilities — bugs in the code for the imaging and display systems, atmospheric effects and reflections, neurological overload from multiple inputs during high-speed flight.”".

I don't like to use the NYT because they want me to accept adds or subscribe! It's the same article.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:16 AM

16,329 posts, read 20,664,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

"Leon Golub, a senior astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, said the possibility of an extraterrestrial cause “is so unlikely that it competes with many other low-probability but more mundane explanations.” He added that “there are so many other possibilities — bugs in the code for the imaging and display systems, atmospheric effects and reflections, neurological overload from multiple inputs during high-speed flight.”".

I don't like to use the NYT because they want me to accept adds or subscribe! It's the same article.
I agree with his blue point. The red? He loses me. "Neurological overload" doesn't show up on video. "Reflections" don't almost crash into jets. I think there is a long list of explanations of what these things might be before we jump to aliens, but some of the "experts" explanations make less sense, not more. They aren't trying to explain so much as trying to explain away.

Old 05-29-2019, 08:58 AM

10,166 posts, read 2,602,085 times
Yes, this is really incredible, Im not sure if its the same pilot, but the one involved with that 'tic tac' UFO over the ocean, when they interviewed him, at the end he, said how amazing it would be for mankind if we had this kind of technology! He is right of course, but it would cause some negatives too, whatever propulsion they are using, it has no exhaust or byproduct, and apparently does not require re-fueling...how fast would it be before every person in the country started demanding this technology be put in vehicles?!

Although I think this is really cool, Im still of the opinion this is not the behavior we would see from some 'alien' race that had come to earth, it doesnt appear to be experimental man made either though.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:31 AM

517 posts, read 132,159 times
I've always suspected there's atmospheric phenomenon we haven't discovered yet that can explain some of these incidents. Lightning sprites weren't even photographed until 1986, and there's probably other rare phenomenon we haven't isolated yet.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:24 PM

12,153 posts, read 18,317,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

But this is the Unexplained Paranormal forum - so let's just call it ET.

Seriously, it probably is natural phenomena, but what bother me is this is getting several years old and they still haven't explained it. It's not even the issue of it being ET or not, but it warrants a full threat assessment as it wasn't simply some bozo mistaking a flare, a blimp, or a drone for a flying saucer, but an object flying around military aircraft with sophisticated detection equipment. Image one of those noted in a typical aircraft carrier fleet, maybe one floating off Iran or N. Korea. They need a way to properly identify this as just natural crap, or a threat.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:33 PM

4,064 posts, read 7,737,698 times
For all I know they could be making this stuff up so the government can extract more tax money from people. Space Force, AATIP, etc. need threats, real or imagined, to justify their existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or