U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2019, 08:17 AM
 
12,171 posts, read 18,325,229 times
Reputation: 18899

Advertisements

Too funny. Only this forum would turn an FBI test that concluded "BigFoot" hair fibers were in fact deer, into some HUGE GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY that further proves the existence of Bigfoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2019, 08:29 AM
 
Location: NJ
10,607 posts, read 21,264,640 times
Reputation: 8642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
People seem to like the Josh Gates shows but I have a hard time watching them. I am not going to say he is bad but there is just something about his style that turns me off. At least he does not over sell.
I love Josh Gates lol I normally don't watch shows like his but do because of him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
3,492 posts, read 1,650,191 times
Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
People seem to like the Josh Gates shows but I have a hard time watching them. I am not going to say he is bad but there is just something about his style that turns me off. At least he does not over sell.
Josh Gates' programs are entertaining at times, but best I can tell he has never found one single thing that he and his group have been looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Loudon, TN
5,645 posts, read 4,760,087 times
Reputation: 18885
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Josh Gates' programs are entertaining at times, but best I can tell he has never found one single thing that he and his group have been looking for.
Or they found something that they knew was there all along. Like those Mayan or Incan ruins. They know they are out there, so "finding them" is more a matter of actually trekking to them, and then recognizing them when they see them. Not really a big "find" when they already have satellite and LIDAR images of them through the jungle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
3,492 posts, read 1,650,191 times
Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Or they found something that they knew was there all along. Like those Mayan or Incan ruins. They know they are out there, so "finding them" is more a matter of actually trekking to them, and then recognizing them when they see them. Not really a big "find" when they already have satellite and LIDAR images of them through the jungle.
Correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 12:03 PM
 
10,198 posts, read 2,611,994 times
Reputation: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
People seem to like the Josh Gates shows but I have a hard time watching them. I am not going to say he is bad but there is just something about his style that turns me off. At least he does not over sell.
Those tv shows are FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY, they are not out to make a big discovery, that is not the goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 07:11 PM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
4,869 posts, read 2,238,941 times
Reputation: 16422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That's what it looks like it's saying. The person that sent the hairs said they couldn't match the hair and skin to anything known; looks like the FBI beat around the bush then eventually said it was some sort of deer hair which I don't believe.
It is hard to believe, because “hairs of deer origin...” Is not the way taxonomic reports are worded. Genus? Species? What happened to using binomial nomenclature?

For example; Odocoileus hemionus are Mule deer. Odocoileus virginianus are White Tail deer. Cervus canadensis are Elk.

Besides, the FBI file is actually referencing two different hair samples; the alleged deer hair received in November 1976 & the specimen mentioned in a 1975 newspaper article, originally mentioned in the Army Atlas. The Army Atlas specimen was supposedly also tested by the FBI & was considered ‘origin unknown’ but prior to the 1976 specimen being received, neither the FBI nor the doctor in charge of the Atlas publication could ‘find’ either the specimen nor the resulting reports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 PM
 
10,198 posts, read 2,611,994 times
Reputation: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It is hard to believe, because “hairs of deer origin...” Is not the way taxonomic reports are worded. Genus? Species? What happened to using binomial nomenclature?

For example; Odocoileus hemionus are Mule deer. Odocoileus virginianus are White Tail deer. Cervus canadensis are Elk.

Besides, the FBI file is actually referencing two different hair samples; the alleged deer hair received in November 1976 & the specimen mentioned in a 1975 newspaper article, originally mentioned in the Army Atlas. The Army Atlas specimen was supposedly also tested by the FBI & was considered ‘origin unknown’ but prior to the 1976 specimen being received, neither the FBI nor the doctor in charge of the Atlas publication could ‘find’ either the specimen nor the resulting reports.
Do they really think people are dumb enough to fall for this...that samples (especially one as significant as this, if it did result in an unknown origin), would just go missing? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,833 posts, read 2,877,396 times
Reputation: 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do they really think people are dumb enough to fall for this...that samples (especially one as significant as this, if it did result in an unknown origin), would just go missing? LOL
I think the FBI is very familiar with how ignorant and stupid people can be. But regardless if they had a sample they could not identify does not mean it is of a new or unknown species. It just means they cannot identify it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:51 AM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
4,869 posts, read 2,238,941 times
Reputation: 16422
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do they really think people are dumb enough to fall for this...that samples (especially one as significant as this, if it did result in an unknown origin), would just go missing? LOL
I know, right?

I am an avid archive reader; newspapers, congressional transcripts, internet archives; anything I can get my hands on. I have noticed that this is not an uncommon occurrence with government agencies in ‘the hot seat’.
It’s bizarre; how these taxpayer funded bastions of rule & record seem to misplace the game-changing data.

Now, if it was one of us, just an average citizen having their day in court & we lost our own critical evidence? Obviously, we’d be toast.

But do you know what is even more bizarre? People ARE dumb enough to fall for it! Or, maybe ‘dumb’ isn’t the best word, because it will be the most well-educated of us who will be the most susceptible to government propaganda (if their education has resulted in attainment of status in the community).

The human psychology can’t override the positive reinforcement (of implied superiority from an upper-middle class lifestyle), that can be attributed to higher education. Given that succeeding in school involves successful incorporation of instruction from authority; you can understand the potential.

But it’s frustrating. I could probably come back & post in an hour with at least 20 documented examples of government non-compliance with the FOIA by the: “I can’t find it” excuse & many posters here (given CD demographics) wouldn’t see the forest for the trees being in their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top