U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 12:48 AM

6,015 posts, read 6,321,906 times

Advertisements

So I have this beautiful piece of artwork gifted to me from a friend. I’ve had it for about a month and a half. It’s fallen off the wall twice in the past month. This is similar to what I’ve had it hanging on:

https://www.target.com/p/arrow-pictu...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

It has fallen twice since I got it. The glass has not broken so I have put it back up each time. The weird thing is, each time it has happened, I’ve been cleaning in the other room with my headphones on. Both times I heard a crash over my headphones and walked into the room to see the picture on the floor.

I just can’t for the life of me figure out how it fell. As you can see from the photos of the hook, it wasn’t like it was just suspended from a nail. This was a hook type wall hanger. It would have needed to have been pushed up, defying gravity, to have fallen. The hook did not fall from the wall, only the picture. And to have it happen twice, in the same sort of scenario, really boggles my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 11:47 AM

2,956 posts, read 1,604,506 times
Any other strange occurrences in the house? Maybe a spirit that died there dosn't like the picture. A lot of them don't like change

Old 06-08-2019, 03:19 PM

1,136 posts, read 788,287 times
I would put another picture there and see if it happens

Old 06-08-2019, 04:42 PM

265 posts, read 65,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I would put another picture there and see if it happens

And keep trying until you find one that the ghost finds more appealing.

(What ? You were expecting a straight answer here ?)

Old 06-10-2019, 11:52 AM

9,371 posts, read 5,294,292 times
I am a regular at a bar. One night the bartender, the son of the original late owner, was closing up and a few of us were just hanging around. Music was off.... place is weird totally quiet. A picture of Elvis on the wall literally fell to the ground. Freaked us out! We just leaned the picture back up against the wall on the floor and finished closing. Like the OP's, the picture was on wire and hook.

Later, the bartender's son (he grew up in the apartment upstairs) told us that weird things are common in the centuries old building. Things would be moved... fall off shelves... etc. The older son said one night the cue ball literally jumped out to its return pocket and rolled across the floor.

The best we could come up with was that the bar is located just a few yards from one of the main supports of a huge elevated highway and the ground in the area constantly shakes a little with vibrations from passing traffic above. The wire on the back of the picture was pretty tight but it would have needed to be lifted up in order to fall. No idea.

Then again... there are other things that has happened that couldn't be explained with vibrations/shaking of the building. His dog barks as if there is an intruder once in a while. The jukebox turns itself on occasionally in the morning. He unplugs it as it wakes him up upstairs. The bar itself has mirrors on the wall.... my girlfriend has mentioned that she has seen a large figure/shadow like figure walk past one of the sections of mirrors but its image not continue to the next section of mirror on the wall..... but eh... she drinks a lot.. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal