Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 11:14 AM

4,018 posts, read 2,697,378 times

Advertisements

A woman who I'd gone to high school with just reached out to me today on FB. I didn't remember her at all (we had a few classes together, but we didn't hang out or anything), but she remember me because of an incident in high school, and once she reminded me, the whole memory came flooding back.

We were in a social studies class together, and I was bored, not paying attention, and daydreaming, when I heard the teacher say, "Class, 'Mary's' grandfather has just passed away." I immediately turned to Mary (who sat next to me), and told her, "I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa."

Mary stared at me, and said, "What about my grandpa?" The teacher was staring at me, and asked me what I was talking about. I said, "You just said her grandpa died."

Cue a big huge ruckus as the teacher shamed me for saying something like that--she (and the rest of the class) insisted no such thing had been said. I was dying of embarrassment and wondering how I'd come up with this. Class settles back down, with me being in near tears from humiliation and guilt.

About 30 minutes later, the school secretary and a woman I didn't know comes to the class door, and asks the teacher and Mary to step into the hall, and for Mary to go ahead and bring her things with her. Mary identifies the other woman as her mom. Mary gathers up her stuff and goes out into the hall with the teacher. After a few minutes, the teacher comes back in the classroom, staring at me strangely, and tells the class Mary will be out for the next few days.

Class ends, and we're all leaving and the teacher calls me back and says quietly, "Indigo, Mary's mom came to get her because her grandfather died unexpectedly of a heart attack. How did you know?" I insisted that she (the teacher) had made the announcement in class. The teacher shook her head and said she hadn't said anything, because until the secretary and Mary's mom came to the room, she hadn't known herself.

Mary told me that she'd never forgotten that, because first she was really mad at me for what I'd said (she admitted she'd thought of kicking my ass after class over it), then when her mom got her, she told her mom what had happened in class. She said her mom got quiet and told Mary she didn't know, that it was strange.
I did tell Mary I was sorry for having upset her over that, she said not to worry about it, she was over it. She just wondered if I'd remembered it, and if anything else like that had ever happened to me.

While I have had other 'incidents', nothing quite like that, where I could have sworn that gaining knowledge I shouldn't have had happened in a manner that seemed quite real and normal (my experience of the teacher having told the class, which didn't happen). I'm not quite sure what that would be called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 11:28 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,189,138 times
Something similar happened to my husband when he was young. He was at a party, and somebody asked him about Groucho Marx, and hubs said he had just died. Other people said he was wrong, but no, he insisted.

Went home, went to bed, and woke up the next morning to the announcement that Groucho had died the day before.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:31 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,550,423 times
Fascinating. You had a clairaudient experience. Daydreaming put you in the state where that can happen.

Read about the clair's here:

Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Clairsentience, Clairscent, Clairtangency, Clairgustance, Clairempathy & Channeling

Quote:
Clairaudience (clear audio /hearing) -- To perceive sounds or words and extrasensory noise, from sources broadcast from spiritual or ethereal realm, in the form of "inner ear" or mental tone which are perceived without the aid of the physical ear and beyond the limitations of ordinary time and space. These tones and vibrations are more easily perceived in an alpha state and during meditation, though many clairaudients can obtain verbal and sound-related information regarding the past, present and future in a variety of environments. Most Channelers (also known as Mediums) work with both clairvoyance and clairaudience.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:52 AM

4,018 posts, read 2,697,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Fascinating. You had a clairaudient experience. Daydreaming put you in the state where that can happen.

Read about the clair's here:

Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Clairsentience, Clairscent, Clairtangency, Clairgustance, Clairempathy & Channeling
Thanks for the link! Reading through, I've experienced a few of these, but mostly clairsentience. Nice to have names for the experiences!

Old 05-19-2019, 12:28 PM

88,316 posts, read 84,331,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Something similar happened to my husband when he was young. He was at a party, and somebody asked him about Groucho Marx, and hubs said he had just died. Other people said he was wrong, but no, he insisted.

Went home, went to bed, and woke up the next morning to the announcement that Groucho had died the day before.
Yup, happened to me. I was fascinated by the story of Helen Keller when I was a kid.

I was home from school sick, and my mother let me lie in her bed and listen to the radio.

The man on the radio announced that Helen Keller had died and talked a bit about her life. I told my mother the next time she came in the room, and she watched the news and we looked in the newspaper the next day, but there was no news about the death of Helen Keller.

About a week later, Helen Keller died.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:42 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,836,024 times
The night of April 19th, 1999 I, a high school senior, went to bed and had a dream that I was being chased down the hall by two classmates who were tossing bombs down the hallway and shooting at me. The next day I came home from school, turned on the tv and the news was focused on the happenings at Columbine HS in Littleton, CO. I was in Ohio.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:41 PM

8,504 posts, read 10,918,671 times
I have the gift of both qualities, the clairaudience much more prevalent.
It has been perfected over the last few years, to the point I am able to summon it at will, which is how my present spirit contact is carried out.
The difference being, I no longer hear the spirit voice in my head, or inner ear.
When contact is made, the voice is as clear as one being spoken by a person who would be siting next to me.
I spoke of this in the thread "what I have learned from spirits".
I am not sure how it happens, but it is how my contact sessions have evolved from the early days of sound recording.

Bob.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:47 AM

11,990 posts, read 8,328,697 times
I had this experience when my BFF died in the Nineties. I was newly awake and sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee when it flashed into my head that she had died in a car accident. Not a voice - more of a gestalt of just "knowing." I got up to go to the phone and then realized who would I call? What would I say? I had no real information.

Later in the day I received a call from a mutual friend who told me the news. When I said, "I know" she questioned how that could be possible because the police had told her that she was the first person they had notified.

Even more eerie and burdensome to me was the number of times I had suggested to her that she get her reckless anger under control. "It will be the death of you," I'd say.

The circumstances of her death were a common occurrence I didn't know anything about. She had to cross a railroad track on her way to work in the morning and if she was running late she'd "race" the train to avoid a long wait at the track.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,521,452 times
Ive never had anything like this happen to me, but I believe they have happened to other people and I think maybe little incidents like this may be us 'accessing or utilizing/ certain parts of our mind that we really do not know how to do just yet, they may just happen by accident or something we do causes them to happen, but we do not know what that specific thing was, so we dont understand it.

I truly believe our minds are capable of SO MUCH more than we think...but we do not yet know how to flip the switch to on, I think we are capable of telepathy, telekinesis (to some degree), and probably a whole host of other things!

Old 05-20-2019, 01:09 PM

8,504 posts, read 10,918,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive never had anything like this happen to me, but I believe they have happened to other people and I think maybe little incidents like this may be us 'accessing or utilizing/ certain parts of our mind that we really do not know how to do just yet, they may just happen by accident or something we do causes them to happen, but we do not know what that specific thing was, so we dont understand it.

I truly believe our minds are capable of SO MUCH more than we think...but we do not yet know how to flip the switch to on, I think we are capable of telepathy, telekinesis (to some degree), and probably a whole host of other things!
Replying to your last paragraph, I believe, and think it all has to do with the spirit with in each of us.
It is not we humans who have these powers, it is the spirit with in, and being acted out through the human experience,

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal