U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:28 PM

6,584 posts, read 2,373,498 times

Advertisements

Here's my take...

The green kitten represents positive growth, and something beautiful. But something going on in your life, is holding you back, and you know it is...but you're not sure what you can do about it...and it makes you sad. You're afraid you will have to give up your hopes and dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 03:30 PM

6,584 posts, read 2,373,498 times
I would also venture to say that people who are close to you aren't interested in your aspirations either. Do people tell you to get your head out of the clouds, or say things like "Come back to earth day dreamer" stuff like that?

Old 06-20-2019, 06:05 PM

9,682 posts, read 15,864,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
They actually glow in the dark and are immune to the feline equivalent of HIV:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...78A2LY20110911

My guess is that you read the article when it came out in 2011, reacted to it at the time, and the memory of that was in your memory banks waiting for connections to be made.

I suspect the answer lies somewhere in your feelings and beliefs about kittens, your grandfather, illness, and the need to leave some things behind when you move on to a new phase in life. But only you have the keys to unlock this mystery. If your grandfather is alive, does he have an illness? If not, what did he pass from? Anyone in your family or circle of friends who have/had HIV? Do you like or dislike cats? Are you making a big life change, or anticipating one? By exploring questions like these, you may be able to figure out what you were trying to tell yourself with the dream.
My Grandfather passed more than 20 years ago. He died from natural causes--old age, stroke, etc. He was 98 years old. He never had a major illness in his life and was shoveling snow when he had the stroke.

I LOVE cats! I've always had cats in my life, and currently have three cats, although one has cancer.

I don't think anyone in my family/friends has AIDS, but perhaps we should all ask for AIDS test? Including myself!

A "big life" change is on the horizon, my DH will retire soon. We haven't set the date, but it will be sometime this year.

I really think that, in the dream, Grandpa was trying to tell me to let go of things from the past. In the dream, he was throwing stuff away for me and said you don't need this stuff. However, I protested when he went to throw away the green kitten. He then said well, then take it with you. I think he was saying to get out of there (it was an alley with a large trash bin), he was admonishing me to either take the kitten or throw it away, along with other, useless stuff, and move on!

I was sad to leave the kitten, but then Grandpa said take her with you and go!

So, guess it meant to leave the past behind except for what would be of use in my present life and future. Green could also mean money? Hmmm.....

Lots of thinking to do!

Old 06-20-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
There was is a very famous Islamic scholar by the name, Ibne Siren.

He wrote a book that is considered to be the authority of dram interpretations in the Muslim world.

The English translation of the book is titled “The Interpretation of Dreams”.

Usually a google search of your dream “[key words] by ibne Siren”, brings up the reference from that book.

Here is what I found for seeing a cat in your dream.

“Cat Dream Explanation — The case would be worse if the cat dreamt of was of the wild type. By contrast, a quiet she-cat means a comfortable year, a savage one a year full of harm. The she-cat is sometimes a reference to tender motherhood. Other contradictory symbols include: (1) Dispute or controversy. (2) Adultery. (3) The product of adultery or an abandoned child whose father cannot be identified. (4) The absence of gratitude. (5) The failure to fulfil a promise or honour one’s obligations. (6) Being quick of hearing. (7) Whispers. (8) The hypocritical flatterer and gadabout. The she-cat usually symbolizes an evil and deceitful woman. A woman told Ibn Siren she dreamed that a cat had introduced its head into her husband’s stomach, taken something out of it, and eaten it. The great seer said that a black thief would enter her husband’s shop that evening and steal 316 dirham's from his safe. And so it was. There was a black bath attendant in the neighbourhood. The people of the area got hold of him, and he confessed to his crime and restored the money. When asked how he managed to know all that, Ibn Siren said that the cat was a thief, the husband’s stomach his safe and what was taken out of it the money. As for defining the exact amount, Ibn Siren said that each letter of the alphabet had its specific number. Therefore cat—in Arabic sanur—stood for 316 dirham's.”

Here is the free online version of the book

https://archive.org/stream/IbnSirinD...reams_djvu.txt

Thanks so much for the thoughts and link I will read it soon

Old 06-21-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Thanks so much for the thoughts and link I will read it soon
I've been reading the e-book. a lot of interesting thoughts. One thing that stood out was, most "true" dreams occur in the morning, or when the sun is shining. It said something to the effect that dreams from an afternoon nap have the greatest chance of being a real communication.

The dream about the green kitten was during a mid-afternoon nap!

Old 06-21-2019, 09:39 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,702,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
My Grandfather passed more than 20 years ago. He died from natural causes--old age, stroke, etc. He was 98 years old. He never had a major illness in his life and was shoveling snow when he had the stroke.
My reactions to your comments for what it's worth - as I said, you're the only one with the keys but if I had this dream, this is how I'd proceed with analyzing its meaning for me.

Sometimes people in our dreams are symbolic - they represent something important to us rather than the actual people in question. I'd wonder based on what you've said if your grandfather might represent vigor, longevity, health, the wisdom of the past and the ability to use that wisdom to move fearlessly to the future. He was also someone who successfully navigated the life transition you're facing in the near future, with your DH's retirement - a time of hope mixed perhaps with fear of the unknown.

Quote:
I LOVE cats! I've always had cats in my life, and currently have three cats, although one has cancer.
So the cat may be something (or someone) you love, that you might be putting aside with other things in your life. But it's something unique and unusual - how many people after all have a green cat? And is this thing's usefulness to you the only thing you have to consider?

Quote:
I don't think anyone in my family/friends has AIDS, but perhaps we should all ask for AIDS test? Including myself!
I was just throwing that out there - the green cat may have originated with a story you once heard about the HIV research cats, but it's more likely I think to be connected to your feelings about the cats at the time. What would it be like to have a green glow in the dark cat as a pet? Also, the cats were immune to feline HIV - like your grandfather, they perhaps represented vigor, longevity, health in the dream. HIV may also be a stand-in symbol for health in general - I'd think more in terms of whatever health challenges your and your DH are facing as you move into this new chapter of your lives.

Quote:
A "big life" change is on the horizon, my DH will retire soon. We haven't set the date, but it will be sometime this year.
This is I suspect the issue you're struggling with that's at the heart of your having this dream.

Quote:
I really think that, in the dream, Grandpa was trying to tell me to let go of things from the past. In the dream, he was throwing stuff away for me and said you don't need this stuff. However, I protested when he went to throw away the green kitten. He then said well, then take it with you. I think he was saying to get out of there (it was an alley with a large trash bin), he was admonishing me to either take the kitten or throw it away, along with other, useless stuff, and move on!

I was sad to leave the kitten, but then Grandpa said take her with you and go!
It does seem like a dream about choices - either choices you're currently making, or choices you know you're going to have to face during the coming year.

Quote:
So, guess it meant to leave the past behind except for what would be of use in my present life and future. Green could also mean money? Hmmm.....

Lots of thinking to do!
My suspicion would be green represents life, growth, thriving (something your grandfather seems to have done well) - and finding those things that enhance life, growth, and thriving in your coming transition rather than standing in the way. And the challenges we face in retirement (I retired a year and a half ago) are those related to life, growth, and thriving: it's a whole new game, and we have to wonder how we're going to thrive in this strange new world?

You might find it useful as you go through this time of change to keep a dream journal - keep it by your bed and write down dreams immediately on waking. When you reflect on what you've written down, think about the things you've been thinking about, doing, and struggling with in the recent past - particularly those dreams like this one that have a "pay attention to this!!" feel to them.

I believe you don't need a book with canned solutions to figure this out - in fact, canned solutions may stand in the way of finding the real meaning - your symbolic world is yours and yours alone, and you already have what you need to do it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or