Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 09:22 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Anecdotal I know, but sometimes those jurisdictional boundaries are not so well understood. Some years ago we had a guy pulled over for speeding ... by a game warden! Some news media said at the time that he had the legal right to do so, but I certainly can't see it.
It likely depends on the region. In places like Wyoming or Maine, sometimes the game warden is the nearest law enforcement official for 30 miles. It's not unusual to see signs up here along the road that read:

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
CALL GAME WARDEN XXX-XXX-XXXX

Even on major crimes, game wardens are sometimes called in to assist because they are the only officers within 30 miles.

When we come across a dead animal --- usually a deer or moose rather than cattle --- it is the game warden we call. I don't know that he or she has ever gotten on the radio to the FBI: "Looks like the grays are hunting without a license again. Game warden requests interstellar assistance."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, look at some of the other stuff the FBI and CIA have been involved in, in the past, Some of them have absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement or intelligence!!
I think perhaps you need to base your opinion more on actual fact and policy and fewer movies and TV shows.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:29 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I'm still one of those wondering if there is really such a thing as a Chupacabra. Like the Bigfoot/Yeti, there has been no proof, but there has not been any proof that they don't exist either.

https://exemplore.com/cryptids/Chupa...ds-Researchers
I just feel that some look for the paranormal instead of possible realistic explanations; like the black vulture:https://www.whas11.com/article/news/.../417-573621329. There are many carnivores out there; beside the vultures. Then we also have possible human cults that use animals for sacrifice.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Like the Bigfoot/Yeti, there has been no proof, but there has not been any proof that they don't exist either.
You cannot prove that Object X does NOT exist. It's a logical impossibility.

The best you can do is state that we have insufficient evidence to prove that Object X exists.

But if we're being very strict here, science doesn't even like the word "proof." Because any honest scientist will tell you that his or her conclusions are based on the evidence analyzed. But it is entirely possible that further evidence may come to light that will require a revised conclusion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw.../#4647a1b72fb1

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ientific-proof

Anyone who claims that science has "proved" or "disproved" anything doesn't understand the nature of science.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I think perhaps you need to base your opinion more on actual fact and policy and fewer movies and TV shows.
Well, maybe you know why the CIA was interested in developing a mind controlled assassin?!! Their agency is tasked with intelligence gathering, what possible reason could they have for wanting to put a person under mind control and carry out killings?!! What does that have to do with intelligence gathering? LOL

Telekinesis was also something the CIA was interested in back in those days...again, what possible interest would an intelligence gathering agency have in someone that can move objects with their minds?

Old 07-03-2019, 04:49 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Well, maybe you know why the CIA was interested in developing a mind controlled assassin?!! Their agency is tasked with intelligence gathering, what possible reason could they have for wanting to put a person under mind control and carry out killings?!! What does that have to do with intelligence gathering? LOL

Telekinesis was also something the CIA was interested in back in those days...again, what possible interest would an intelligence gathering agency have in someone that can move objects with their minds?
Many of the projects that our government worked on during the Cold War years came about because of our government's lack of knowledge of our opponents. Somebody speculated or heard rumors about what the Russians were doing and we had to one up them. The funding for most of those projects ran out when we realized that there was nothing useful to be gained. There was also a backlash to using humans as guinea pigs dating back to when we placed soldiers in the field to view atomic testing or when we used biological agents on the NYC subway.

Many of your 'facts' come from that era and are not reflective of what is happening now.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
That the CIA did such things doesn't surprise me at all. If the local Parks and Rec Department had been doing it, I'd be truly shocked. We're talking jurisdiction here. The fact that the FBI refuses to investigate dead cows isn't evidence of some Vast Conspiracy. It's evidence that the FBI doesn't investigate dead cows.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That the CIA did such things doesn't surprise me at all. If the local Parks and Rec Department had been doing it, I'd be truly shocked. We're talking jurisdiction here. The fact that the FBI refuses to investigate dead cows isn't evidence of some Vast Conspiracy. It's evidence that the FBI doesn't investigate dead cows.
You wouldnt think the FBI would investigate anything related to UFOs or aliens either...but apparently they did this quite a bit.

The FBI itself admits majority of the web traffic to its declassified documents site, are viewing the UFO and alien stuff! I remember watching an interview with the guy who had designed the website, he was kind of disappointed THAT many people were more interested in those files instead of some of the other more interesting, less bizarre FBI cases of the past.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:37 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Oh no. I just cannot stop myself. It is a bird. Just not those birds.

Vultures cannot account for cows over fences & in trees. They cannot account for the forensic findings of shattered vertebrae.

Although vultures use the regurgitation of stomach acid (which has a pH of under 1.0) to protect their meal from other predators; they would not be able to produce enough of it to account for the slimy pooled substance that burns the skin found at mutilation sites.

Vulture eyes after nightfall will exhibit tapetum lucidum (eyeshine) but vultures would not be big enough to account for the ‘orbs’ seen glowing in the sky at night before the mutilated cattle are found in the morning.

Although many species of vultures will have talons that leave ‘three toe’ tracks; vultures are not big enough to account for the tripod holes measuring three-feet across found on the ground at mutilation sites.

They also would not account for the six puncture wounds that wrap across the back & underbelly found on the mutilated cattle.

But the bird I saw, that I startled off the top of my house in the middle of the night, just blocks away from the historic meeting grounds of the Plains Indian tribes of North America (Garden of the Gods) & Pike National Forest ... could account for all of those and more.

I understand how crazy I sound to say that the Thunderbird was not from mythology but history & was not an extinct flying dinosaur but what would be crazier is that I; a middle age mom in Colorado would decide she needed to research vulture vomit for no apparent reason.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:45 AM

Hasnt some of these cases involved the cattle being dropped from a fairly high place and then hit the ground (causing lots of broken and shattered bones)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal