U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 08:04 AM

5,283 posts, read 3,324,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The best ones are the ones that tie it ALL together. Child abductions, human trafficking, the JFK assassination, UFOs, cattle mutilation, alien abductions, Jim Morrison and MK Ultra, the Illuminati, Bigfoot, the Philadelphia Experiment and time travel, the Disney Channel, Jack Parsons and L. Ron Hubbard, Satanism, the Rosicrucians, Aleister Crowley and the Bush family, Charles Manson, David Koresh, Stanely Kubrick and the fake moon landing, Waco, and 9/11! Don't you see? It's all connected, man!
Now that's funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 08:53 AM

4,655 posts, read 3,708,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I estimated what I saw had a 40ft wingspan but there are plenty of wildlife photographs showing Eagles lifting deer off the ground.
A bald eagle stealing a rabbit from a young fox and lifting both into the air:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-high-air.html

Note that this is a kit weighing a few pounds, not a 1500 pound cow.

Golden eagle attacking a young sitka deer in Russia:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...case-kind.html

From the article:

Quote:
...'The scientific literature is full of references to golden eagle attacks on different animals from around the world, from things as small as rabbits.

'Their regular prey - to coyote and deer, and even one record in 2004 of an eagle taking a brown bear cub.'...

They are renowned hunters, capable of killing prey much larger than themselves with their deadly talons. The birds weigh 12lbs, have an 8ft wingspan and can fly at speeds in excess of 100mph.

Sika deer can grow to weigh more than 300lbs, but the victim of the pictured attack was not fully-grown.

Messy end: The remains of the deer were found two weeks after the attack, near where the shots had been taken...

Old 07-09-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I estimated what I saw had a 40ft wingspan but there are plenty of wildlife photographs showing Eagles lifting deer off the ground.
No doubt, eagles pick up everything, from deer to dogs, to even Obama, man I love photoshop, makes life so much more interesting and entertaining!

Old 07-09-2019, 09:46 AM

16,507 posts, read 20,779,615 times
It's the Russians! The Russians are mutilating our cows!

Old 07-09-2019, 12:13 PM

4,966 posts, read 2,286,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
No doubt, eagles pick up everything, from deer to dogs, to even Obama, man I love photoshop, makes life so much more interesting and entertaining!
LOL! If you did those; you’re good at it!

What I saw was in silhouette in the moonlight but it didn’t have comparable proportions to most raptors. More like a genus of the pterosaurs.

The wings ‘unfurled’, like hearing a large flag high in the sky during a windstorm & as the wind from it pushed me backwards, there was a ‘boom’ in my eardrums, like a percussion. I can’t help but think that it didn’t have feathers at all. It acted very bird-like; it was obviously startled when I shut the door behind me but had it not been scared, I could easily be just another missing person whose shoe was found in an improbable spot in the National Forest.

Sometimes, I wish I hadn’t seen it; it is now impossible to unsee.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
The photos of the golden eagle taking down a young deer and the bald eagle stealing a rabbit from a fox aren't photoshopped - here are additional articles on these events:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...tor-180949437/

https://blog.livingwilderness.com/20...e-and-fox.html

The trail photos of the golden eagle taking down the deer were taken by biologist Linda Kerley, who published a report on the incident in the Journal of Raptor Research. The photos of the bald eagle stealing the rabbit were taken by Kevin Ebi, a professional wildlife photographer whose work has been published in National Geographic, National Wildlife, Smithsonian, Outdoor Photographer and Lonely Planet.

The point of my posting these examples was: the young deer was NOT carried into the air, it was killed in place and eaten a short distance away ("a few yards"). The fox and rabbit are much lighter and were probably at the limit of what an eagle that size could lift a short distance into the air. In Africa, crown eagles are known to predate on young baboons. But no bird could lift a fully grown deer or human - let alone a 1500 pound cow. You can't get that kind of lift, even with 40 foot wings - maybe on Titan which has lower gravity and an atmosphere twice as dense as Earth, but as far as we know, there are no cows on Titan.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The photos of the golden eagle taking down a young deer and the bald eagle stealing a rabbit from a fox aren't photoshopped -
Vasily, I know those photos weren't altered, I was just trying to have some fun with coschristi!

I agree with everything you said, there's a huge difference between being able to pick up small game and a cow.

Last edited by cjseliga; 07-09-2019 at 03:39 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Vasily, I know those photos weren't altered, I was just trying to have some fun with coschristi!

I agree with everything you said, there's a huge difference between being able to pick up small game and a cow.
No problem. I had originally intended to provide an explanation for why I posted those links, but forgot. Thought I'd use your post as an opportunity to make sure it was clear.

The Crown Eagle (or something like it) may have preyed on the young of our early hominid ancestors:

Quote:
Observations in the field, however, have recorded Crowned Hawk-Eagles preying successfully on large primates such as adolescent mandrills (Mandrillus sphinx) (adults reach 60 pounds) and young bonobos (Pan paniscus) (adults reach nearly 100 pounds) (Hart and Sussman 2009). Since eagles typically dismember their prey quickly and take pieces back to the nest, the ancient raptor’s load-lifting capacity might not be an issue (Science Daily 2006).
Source: https://prizedwriting.ucdavis.edu/se...ation-primates

Old 07-09-2019, 06:32 PM

10,643 posts, read 2,714,882 times
Quote:
LOL! If you did those; you’re good at it!

What I saw was in silhouette in the moonlight but it didn’t have comparable proportions to most raptors. More like a genus of the pterosaurs.

The wings ‘unfurled’, like hearing a large flag high in the sky during a windstorm & as the wind from it pushed me backwards, there was a ‘boom’ in my eardrums, like a percussion. I can’t help but think that it didn’t have feathers at all. It acted very bird-like; it was obviously startled when I shut the door behind me but had it not been scared, I could easily be just another missing person whose shoe was found in an improbable spot in the National Forest.

Sometimes, I wish I hadn’t seen it; it is now impossible to unsee.
You are not alone either, there have been plenty of similar sightings, going back many years thru out the US (looks more like a winged dinosaur than modern bird).

Old 07-10-2019, 06:06 AM

16,507 posts, read 20,779,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You are not alone either, there have been plenty of similar sightings, going back many years thru out the US (looks more like a winged dinosaur than modern bird).
If such things exist, then they are supernatural. Any species needs several hundred members to maintain a healthy breeding population. If there were several hundred pteranodons flying round North America, I'm pretty sure we'd have a decent photo by now, not to mention a corpse, nesting sites, eggs, a National Geographic special ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal