U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 07:23 AM

10,338 posts, read 10,364,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If such things exist, then they are supernatural. Any species needs several hundred members to maintain a healthy breeding population. If there were several hundred pteranodons flying round North America, I'm pretty sure we'd have a decent photo by now, not to mention a corpse, nesting sites, eggs, a National Geographic special ...
Actually Supernatural might be the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 08:52 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,713,849 times
Quote:
If such things exist, then they are supernatural. Any species needs several hundred members to maintain a healthy breeding population. If there were several hundred pteranodons flying round North America, I'm pretty sure we'd have a decent photo by now, not to mention a corpse, nesting sites, eggs, a National Geographic special ...
Small populations are at risk of extinction because random events (outbreak of a disease, natural disasters, arrival of a competitive species in the area, climate change, etc. With a population of 50 or below, you have inbreeding, and that can result in a loss of fitness. For example: a lot of purebred dog species are subject to various physical ailments because of the inbreeding needed to maintain the breed (and why there's a history of hemophilia in certain inbred European royal lines) - bad genetic variations get fixed in a small population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbreeding_depression

Old 07-10-2019, 08:55 PM

2,989 posts, read 3,231,930 times
I dont know whether it is possible to find a copy of Paranormal Caught on Camera S01E08, but in it is supposedly a pterradactyl flying in the sky at Boise Idaho which looks very fake to me.

However in the middle of proper wing-beating flight, it almost turns upside down and looks behind itself while continues to fly along. That kind of thing would be unheard of for a radio-controlled model, wouldn't it? I dont know as I have never seen these RC models close up but I know there are some RC Pteradactyls out there. The ones I have seen in videos have been fixed-wing.

Anyway, check out the program if you can at 28:14 - 28:28. I dont see any head movement as I would expect it should be looking side-to-side as it was flying, it just looks mechanically 'jointed'. Could be a hologram perhaps?

Old 07-10-2019, 11:48 PM

10,686 posts, read 2,729,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Actually Supernatural might be the answer.
Its possible they could be UFO craft, disguising themselves as a giant prehistoric bird, Ive read a number of reports where UFOs change their shape into known aircraft like the 747, or military aircraft, but they still retain super capabilities of the UFO while in this form, so they can hover in place without sound, disappear, shoot off at incredible speed, etc.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:51 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,724,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its possible they could be UFO craft, disguising themselves as a giant prehistoric bird, Ive read a number of reports where UFOs change their shape into known aircraft like the 747, or military aircraft, but they still retain super capabilities of the UFO while in this form, so they can hover in place without sound, disappear, shoot off at incredible speed, etc.
That would be cool ... watching a 747 or an A380 do right angle turns or evern 180s at hypersonic speeds. If we ever see that, I think we can assume it's a disguised UFO.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:30 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,791,514 times
Quote:
Its possible they could be UFO craft.
Please keep in mind. Any flying object you cannot identify is by definition a UFO: an unidentified flying object.

I have seen a UFO three times in my life. Only one of them was truly weird and unexplainable. The other two ... ? I'm just not quite sure what it was I saw, but it didn't exhibit any behavior that was impossible for current aircraft.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:46 PM

2,989 posts, read 3,231,930 times
Quote:
it didn't exhibit any behavior that was impossible for current aircraft.
...and we mere mortals do not know what is possible for military craft these days. If, as they say, we have technology to take ET home, then all (or most) of these things we see in the sky quite possibly have a military origin.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:18 AM

4,990 posts, read 2,296,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Vasily, I know those photos weren't altered, I was just trying to have some fun with coschristi!

I agree with everything you said, there's a huge difference between being able to pick up small game and a cow.
Itís all good! Iím having fun!

Old 07-12-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
You are not alone either, there have been plenty of similar sightings, going back many years thru out the US (looks more like a winged dinosaur than modern bird).
Thank you, there was in a sighting in the 1970s by two police officers & a pilot in Alaska in 2002, among many, many others. The same day the pilot reported seeing it, another report was made, also in Alaska by a utility worker on the ground who radioed the next town & told them to bring the children indoors.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Iíve thought this too. If I had to guess, which I do; Iíd go with Alaska or British Columbia. Both of those places have vast areas inaccessible to man. These sightings come in waves or cycles & some say it has to do with some Ďparanormal parallelí that runs through North America.

Iím more inclined to call it a migratory path.

I also think that a lot of other anomalous sightings, like Mothman; could be attributed to this birdish thing. Then there is depth perception. If a pilot (& his passengers) saw it flying at a similar elevation, just 1,000 ft away, we could be seeing huge birds all the time that are riding the thermal layers but look like just a bird, circling high in the sky.

Whatever it is, itís returned to Alaska, along with the sightings. Large Bird Sighted Again in Alaska
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal