U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 05:38 AM

4,854 posts, read 2,907,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Please try to widen your viewpoint for your own sake because when the news comes we have been visited for years and years, you will suffer shock of some kind.
WOW, a compliment to yourself and an insult to someone else, all in one sentence. Well done ocpaul20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 11:17 AM

10,569 posts, read 2,702,109 times
I read some articles online about this, and apparently many people believe this is being done right now, to distract from something else.

I could definitely see this being true...if govt announces something HUGE about UFOs or aliens, who is going to be paying attention to 'other news topics', that involve corruption, collusion, sanctions on Iran, etc?!!

Old 06-21-2019, 08:51 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,223,918 times
I hope I am not insulting anyone. I do not intend to anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound
I don't see what strongly believing that they are true changes anything
It really depends on your outlook on life. For me, I reckon there is enough evidence in the form of reported sightings of actual ETs (not just craft which could be military built/owned), official memos mentioning ET crashes, super craft which have performance far above any jet aircraft currently used by the military, numerous abduction stories mentioning ET presences, craft which appear to go where they wish, without any official lights or restictions, etc. All these things lead me to believe they are real, but obviously everyone has to make up their own mind and I have no interest in 'converting' others. Coming from a Christian upbringing, I can also understand if any aspect of a religion is based on non-alien presence, then it would be difficult to reconcile both viewpoints, so for some, not necessarily yourself, there is that barrier to belief as well.

So, belief could have a **profound** change on folks, if their belief systems precluded aliens and viewed them as demons, etc. If it was found that these entities exist, then the whole basis of their beliefs could be challenged and they may not be able to come to a different understanding, subsequently their world view may crumble.

I guess this is one aspect of the governments fear that not everyone will be able to handle the truth - if indeed it is true the aliens exist here with us.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:

It really depends on your outlook on life. For me, I reckon there is enough evidence in the form of reported sightings of actual ETs (not just craft which could be military built/owned), official memos mentioning ET crashes, super craft which have performance far above any jet aircraft currently used by the military, numerous abduction stories mentioning ET presences, craft which appear to go where they wish, without any official lights or restictions, etc. All these things lead me to believe they are real, but obviously everyone has to make up their own mind and I have no interest in 'converting' others. Coming from a Christian upbringing, I can also understand if any aspect of a religion is based on non-alien presence, then it would be difficult to reconcile both viewpoints, so for some, not necessarily yourself, there is that barrier to belief as well.

So, belief could have a **profound** change on folks, if their belief systems precluded aliens and viewed them as demons, etc. If it was found that these entities exist, then the whole basis of their beliefs could be challenged and they may not be able to come to a different understanding, subsequently their world view may crumble.

I guess this is one aspect of the governments fear that not everyone will be able to handle the truth - if indeed it is true the aliens exist here with us.
Id like to look into how aliens started being equated to demons (im not 100% sure, but I think this is a fairly recent theory, like within the past 20-30 yrs or so).

And to look into WHY some believe they are the demons of the bible. It may be due to bible verses that mention demons being 'spirits in high places', spirits that live in the air, etc.

Although Id think these people would look at the actions of aliens/UFOs too, (demons are said to be evil fallen angels, that HATE mankind and seek to draw us away from the true God), well, I havent seen many accounts of UFOs trying to attack or kill people, or do anything evil towards mankind, so that doesnt seem to fit with their definition...if anything, they are closer to the biblical 'Watchers'.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:32 PM

5,554 posts, read 5,910,118 times
I certainly donít know what to make of it, but itís beyond surreal as a die-hard fan of The X-Files growing up that we would be in a position 20 years later to where the government has no choice but to admit there is something going on with some unknown crafts of unknown origin. The videos kind of speak for themselves. It doesnít mean itís ďaliens,Ē but the funny part is Iíd almost rather it was aliens than super advanced Chinese craft because if that was it, boy are we in trouble. Maybe the aliens would come in peace, but if thatís Chinese tech or something they got way ahead of us ha ha.

I donít really have an opinion what is going on, I was leaning to a highly secret government testing program that has produced experimental aircraft that even most of the military wouldnít be aware of. I also thought it would make sense to see how our own advanced fighters reacted as part of the test. So who knows, maybe itís just then guys at Groom Lake having some fun. Then again, it seems that isnít all that likely or believable either. So what is likely?! Because any explanation is bizarre.

Also it annoys me when people donít bother reading this stuff and your average person goes, ďHeh itís probably just a drone someone is playing with.Ē Did you READ the articles or see the videos?! No, DJI isnít selling magical drones that seem to break the laws of physics haha. I think some people are so closed-minded they will forever think any talk of UFOs is tinfoil hat / conspiracy theory / mentally unwell people talk. They are almost religious and dogmatic about the impossibility which is ironically an unscientific and ignorant view.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:58 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,014,411 times
Why do all these sightings happen in the US and why is the US government the only one that has access to this info?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62
Although Id think these people would look at the actions of aliens/UFOs too, (demons are said to be evil fallen angels, that HATE mankind and seek to draw us away from the true God), well, I havent seen many accounts of UFOs trying to attack or kill people, or do anything evil towards mankind, so that doesnt seem to fit with their definition...if anything, they are closer to the biblical 'Watchers'.
I totally disagree. RELIGION has nothing to do with any of it. Religion is man made and irrelevant. It is highly unlikely that aliens have the same beliefs as we do, partly because they probably understand wat we consider miracles are in fact science to them.

I am certainly not one of those who thinks of aliens as demons. For that matter, I do not think they are any more dangerous or evil than we humans are. Look at the stuff we have done to other humans over the centuries. If we had the same technology, I am absolutely certain we would do the same kind of things to other beings they are doing to us. Our scientists - particularly those who work for the military, have a general uncaring towards other beings and can easily sample, and discect things for the sake of science. Anything we humans consider 'lower' then us (animals, plants, Bigfoot, aliens) or maybe without a soul can just be sacrificed in the name of scientific investigation. Aliens are no different - why should they be. If you fnd yourself suddenly part of their experiment, dont expect to be shown any mercy - there will not be any. People report body parts in bottles on board the spacecraft, those body parts could easily be yours or mine. Dont come running to this forum to tell us you have been abducted, probed, or sampled.

I have seen images of aliens who looked exactly like the devil or demons so I suspect it all came from there. I will try and find an example and post it to this thread. If you had a culture of religion as they did many years ago, you encountered an alien who you considered particularly "evil", then you probably would call it a demon and the chief one you would call the devil - since he controlled the lesser 'demons'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB
It doesnít mean itís ďaliens,Ē but the funny part is Iíd almost rather it was aliens than super advanced Chinese craft because if that was it, boy are we in trouble. Maybe the aliens would come in peace, but if thatís Chinese tech or something they got way ahead of us ha ha.
I suspect if these are US/Chinese/Russian craft, that they will be subject to the same laws,rules,regulations as ordinary jets or fighters. That means they need to have red/green or flashy lights or radar signatures, etc so that their own military can identufy them as friendly not enemy carft.

However, the craft reported do not often have these things on them, so thats why fighter jets are scrambled to find out who or what they are and to (try to) force them to land as per regulations. They appear to be able to fly into no-fly zones, hover over military bases where weapons are stored and to generally go wherever they want. That does not sound like human piloted craft.

But... I could be wrong, as I am almost certain the military of all major countries have back-engineered crashed alien craft hidden away somewhere. I really dont think one country will have technology far advanced over any other country so I shouldn't worry too much. If the rumours are to be believed, the heads of the major countries have made pacts with different ET groups and probably have very similar technology.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident
Why do all these sightings happen in the US and why is the US government the only one that has access to this info
Not so, there are many reports of UFOs/USOs in Russia, China, Australia and all countries of the world. Mexico particularly is very open to sightings and reporting of them.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:25 PM

7,110 posts, read 1,785,681 times
Quote:

You seem confused as to what I wrote. Yes the proof that aliens from outer space would change people's beliefs but believing in aliens now does not change anything at all. We should keep an open mind and investigate legitimate sighting and someday maybe they will turn out to be real.

It seems to me that some people thing believing strongly in their existence somehow makes them more likely to exist. And there are lots of accounts of things that are unidentified. They are not identified to be aliens from outer space or anything. There could be lots of explanations for what they are including aliens from outer space. We need a smoking gun if you will to cross that divide.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Why do all these sightings happen in the US and why is the US government the only one that has access to this info?
Like the other poster said, this is not true at all, plenty of other countries involved in this and have their own stuff going on, Russia in particular has made comments about it in the past, as have other countries too.

We hear mostly about the US stuff, because, well, that is where we live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal