U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 11:16 PM

10,722 posts, read 2,738,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The original is in Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, by Fr. Seraphim Rose. He discusses Jacques Vallee's hypotheses - I think that's what you're referring to. Fr. Rose was a hieromonk (priest-monk) in the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia jurisdiction (ROCOR).

Yes, there's an article on this somewhere that has a picture of one of the pancakes.
I think I posted something from the Russian Orthodox church in relation to aliens awhile back, Im not sure if it was the same article Im thinking of, Im going to go back and read it again and see. I do know I read something about them explaining all the old types of sightings, like where craft would land, occupants would get out, and/or interact with people, to later years, where craft no longer landed, to today, where craft barely stay visible in the sky for a few seconds, before vanishing.

They had a GREAT explanation for why the encounters changed over the years like this, to what they are today, I will say though the Russian Orthodox church considers them to be demons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 10:16 AM

12,057 posts, read 5,156,615 times
Are you familiar with what's been called the battle over Nuremberg? This didn't happen during WWII. It happened in 1561 and witnessed by many people where strange and never before objects in the sky fought each other resulting in some falling from the sky with large amounts of smoke. It's well documented so maybe you're already familiar with this.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mediev...61_735667.html

Old 07-15-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Are you familiar with what's been called the battle over Nuremberg? This didn't happen during WWII. It happened in 1561 and witnessed by many people where strange and never before objects in the sky fought each other resulting in some falling from the sky with large amounts of smoke. It's well documented so maybe you're already familiar with this.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mediev...61_735667.html
Yes, I first saw this years ago, its very interesting, but like many of these older reports, they dont offer many details....its said there were many of these craft crashing to the ground after they were shot down, but the article doesnt mention anyone from the city going to the crash site, to investigate...seems like this would be common sense!

Its also interesting that they saw 'big black spears'...of course, today, they would have been called black triangles, they also reported seeing crosses, tubes and sphere shaped craft....same kinds of craft that are reported today too!

Old 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,715,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think I posted something from the Russian Orthodox church in relation to aliens awhile back, Im not sure if it was the same article Im thinking of, Im going to go back and read it again and see. I do know I read something about them explaining all the old types of sightings, like where craft would land, occupants would get out, and/or interact with people, to later years, where craft no longer landed, to today, where craft barely stay visible in the sky for a few seconds, before vanishing.

They had a GREAT explanation for why the encounters changed over the years like this, to what they are today, I will say though the Russian Orthodox church considers them to be demons.
This I think is the post you're referring to:

Russian Orthodox chruch explanation of what UFOs truly are...

Note that the subtitle of the page is: "An Orthodox Christian Understanding of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs)". The fact that it doesn't say "THE Orthodox ... Understanding" is significant. If you look at the next and final page, you'll see Fr. Rose's book cited as the source at the bottom. What Fr. Rose published was personal opinion not an official statement of his jurisdiction (ROCOR) or the Orthodox Church in general. The abbot of a monastery I follow recently posted an opinion piece on Facebook stating his belief that somehow we will see the pets we love in the next life. Same thing - a personal opinion, not a formal statement of the Church as a whole (which has only happened seven times in history: the ecumenical councils).

Old Today, 07:51 AM

1,971 posts, read 1,169,328 times
Possible the stories of ancient UFO's and contact reflect the Cargo Cult syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Of course, ancient societies will interpret what they see, comparing to their own understandings of the world around them. So, worshiping these machines and deities makes total sense.

What happens if we, in modern society, experience something like the movie "Independence Day"?

Old Today, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Possible the stories of ancient UFO's and contact reflect the Cargo Cult syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Of course, ancient societies will interpret what they see, comparing to their own understandings of the world around them. So, worshiping these machines and deities makes total sense.

What happens if we, in modern society, experience something like the movie "Independence Day"?
I believe there would still be a large percentage of people that worshiped them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or