U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 07:36 PM

1,056 posts, read 318,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
When we lived in my last house, I would feel like someone was choking me while I slept. I woke up, no one was on top of me. I swear that house was haunted. Parts of the house used to be very cold, even in the summer. When we moved it never happened again.

My neighbor in the next house over had weird stuff happen in her house too.

We found out that someone in the house directly across from us blew their brains out.

A decade ago in Queens, NY, we lived in a house were someone blew their brains out too. Weird stuff happened too.

After the kids went to bed, I read the Bible at the kitchen table. The basement door was opposite the kitchen table. I heard swirling air gather force up the stair which blew the basement door open so hard its door nob hit the wall behind.

It happened once when my husband and I were talking about donating money. We were standing a few feet from the basement door and heard a tornado slam the door open.

A couple of other odd things happened too. I prayed a lot and moved far away.

Until someone experiences this, it is hard to imagine.

Dear OP, Catholic Churches have Holy Water which is available to anyone. Fill a spray bottle (any plastic bottle is fine) with this water and spray your room before sleep. My Chinese exercise teacher sprays Holy Water on our workout room before classes - not sure why.

Keep a Bible beside your bed and read it before sleep.

Mostly move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 06:09 AM

38 posts, read 38,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Sounds like demons to me. The only way to make them go away is by commanding them through Christ to leave you alone. They are terrified of God. Also play Christian music through the night. It tortures them and they can't stand being anywhere it's played.

Thanks for your input. I'm Catholic and I did get holy water from church and said the appropriate words while I sprinkled the water with my fingers. It did nothing. I put crosses around the room, nothing. I have starting sleeping in a different bedroom and things have tapered off some. I went to church and talked to God and ask for help. Something I very seldom do. I think that may have helped.
As for what it smelled like, Rotten eggs and meat I guess would be the best description.
This happened to me one night while I slept in the same bed room as the smell was. I don't know if it is connected to the scratching on my feet. I woke up about 3 am and was physically ill. I had sweat on my neck and was hot and had pain in my lower abdomen as well as my rectum. I had to have a bowel movement right then and knew I wouldn't make it to the bathroom that wasn't far away, but walked towards the bathroom anyway. I made it to the toilet and sat down. No bowel movement so I pushed and pushed. Nothing. I know my rectum was stretched to what felt like 3 inches and it hurt. Maybe it wasn't 3 inches but it was stretched. I felt the sweat on my neck and no where else. I was still hot and felt worn out. After an hour or so I felt better. That night scared the hell out of me. I wanted to tell myself that it didn't happen and that it was a dream. That would of made it a lot easier to deal with. But to fool myself wasn't going to help. It happened. For me to say it was something other than what happened was BS. Oh, when I woke up that night there was one of the cat like things between my legs right up against my crouch. First thing I did when I woke up was to throw it down to my feet. I didn't throw it I flung it with the back of my hand.
So between the smell and that night and a lot of research demons seems a possibility. I don't live a bad life. I don't hurt people or do bad things. I know I have a guarding angle that has saved me from harm many times and saved my life more than once. I still believe that maybe the witch that live next door has something to do with this. She was a bad person. But don't know that for sure.
Thanks again to everyone for your support in the answers you gave. I know there is another place (dimension) after death where I will go. I wonder if these entities have found their way in.
You die and they put you in your box and bury you. Your in so called heaven catching up with old friends and relatives. You know just the spirits hanging out and you feel this little scratch on the back of your spirit ever so slightly.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 AM

12,375 posts, read 18,468,297 times
Dude - Stop this nonsense. For God-sakes just go to a doctor. Not a witch doctor. A medical doctor!
At least eliminate that possibility, then you can call on Max von Sydow if you want to do the ritual and chant "the power of Christ compels you" over and over.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:49 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 25 days ago)

9,859 posts, read 3,743,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaldude12 View Post
What kind of smell was it? Rotten egg/Sulfur smells are indicative of the presence of an evil entity.
I had a very evil science teacher in 8th grade who loved to conduct an experiment that gave off odor of sulfuric acid. It sickened many of the students. He was also a very evil man. It wouldn't surprise me if he was influenced by demons.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:22 PM

22,060 posts, read 14,485,119 times
OP, you have tried to deal with this on your own and have not succeeded. Others have urged you to see a doc. I think you need to do this. The longer you put this off, the more likely you will end up with a serious condition. It is far more likely your experiences are caused by a medical condition than a paranormal one.

And, I have to wonder how holy water is different from regular water. Why would it have any power? I mean, it is just water that has been blessed. Correct? When you have a blessing of animals, does the nature of the animals change?

See a doctor for your sake.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:29 PM

10,790 posts, read 2,765,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I had a very evil science teacher in 8th grade who loved to conduct an experiment that gave off odor of sulfuric acid. It sickened many of the students. He was also a very evil man. It wouldn't surprise me if he was influenced by demons.
That sounds interesting...would you mind describing what was involved in the experiment?

Was it an 'occult' type experiment or..?

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2019, 12:05 AM

2,866 posts, read 4,256,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
A decade ago in Queens, NY, we lived in a house were someone blew their brains out too. Weird stuff happened too.

After the kids went to bed, I read the Bible at the kitchen table. The basement door was opposite the kitchen table. I heard swirling air gather force up the stair which blew the basement door open so hard its door nob hit the wall behind.

It happened once when my husband and I were talking about donating money. We were standing a few feet from the basement door and heard a tornado slam the door open.

A couple of other odd things happened too. I prayed a lot and moved far away.

Until someone experiences this, it is hard to imagine.

Dear OP, Catholic Churches have Holy Water which is available to anyone. Fill a spray bottle (any plastic bottle is fine) with this water and spray your room before sleep. My Chinese exercise teacher sprays Holy Water on our workout room before classes - not sure why.

Keep a Bible beside your bed and read it before sleep.

Mostly move.

I agree with your assessment. Whatever he has going on around him, needs to change. If he wants it to stop.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:08 AM

2,866 posts, read 4,256,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Dude - Stop this nonsense. For God-sakes just go to a doctor. Not a witch doctor. A medical doctor!
At least eliminate that possibility, then you can call on Max von Sydow if you want to do the ritual and chant "the power of Christ compels you" over and over.

Why do you keep attacking him? If you don't believe the things he is saying, then why bother reading and replying? If anything, you should take your own advice and seek professional help.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:00 AM

12,375 posts, read 18,468,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Why do you keep attacking him? If you don't believe the things he is saying, then why bother reading and replying? If anything, you should take your own advice and seek professional help.
I don't attack him. I strongly advise him.
This is the thing - we spend lots of time here in this forum talking about bigfoot, UFOs, ghost sightings, etc. That's all fun, and for believers OK we learn things. That's all great.

But here we are talking about someones health! This isn't fun, this isn't educational, this is a medical condition, this is about someone in pain, it may be indicative of a neurodegenerative disease. You guys (thankfully, only some) can continue talking about sprinkling holy water and encouraging that path but the guy needs to see a doctor first, and if you are discouraging the medical solution first than you have a hand in harming his health. Can you live with that? I can't, and if you say me telling him repeatedly to see a doctor is "attacking him", then I can live with that.

Your last sentence was clearly out of line and unacceptable to this forum.

Last edited by Dd714; 07-22-2019 at 08:29 AM..

Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 PM

4,687 posts, read 3,726,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Why do you keep attacking him? If you don't believe the things he is saying, then why bother reading and replying?
Read the other posts in this thread. Many of us have recommended eliminating medical causes for what he's experiencing - particularly neurological causes. Same thing happens when people report seeing shadows and dark objects - which can be the result of a detached retina.

In the Roman Catholic Church, their rite of exorcism is only performed by ordained clergy, with the permission of the bishop, and after medical and psychological evaluations. In the Orthodox Church, all priests are trained to perform the rite of exorcism but it still requires the permission of the bishop, and priests trained in modern seminaries will be told to tell the parishioner to get medical and psychological evaluations. There's a reason for this: it's called living in the 21st century, when we no longer attribute all illnesses physical and mental to demonic activity.

Quote:
If anything, you should take your own advice and seek professional help.
I agree with Dd714; this is totally out of line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal