U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:32 PM

942 posts, read 500,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Sounds like demons to me. The only way to make them go away is by commanding them through Christ to leave you alone. They are terrified of God. Also play Christian music through the night. It tortures them and they can't stand being anywhere it's played.
I thought you're supposed to gargle with holy water and ring your pillow with road salt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 10:02 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,299,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Interesting. As a child I would sometimes wake from a dream and see bits and pieces of the dream around me mixed with the real world -- they'd fade away in a few seconds. I also had frequent episodes of deja vu at that age - in one case, an "infinite regression" deja vu - a memory that included the memory of having deja vu that included the memory ... By the time I hit puberty, I no longer experienced either of these things.
Yep around puberty is when it stopped for me too. Darn it. It would’ve been interesting to experience these things from a more mature, scientific point of view.

Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,292,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
At least you didn't tell this poster to "seek professional help". I'm actually surprised you are allowed to still post here.

A sleep disorder isn't something that can be controlled in the way you envision - by moving out of a "haunted house", no more than an epileptic seizure can be controlled (not to mention, the OP didn't discuss moving his physical location). It does happen in certain situation - usually in ones non-REM sleep. It does happen under certain conditions - times of stress, and diet and alcohol all have an impact. This is a medically documented condition and the reasons need to be diagnosed, not "exorcised" away. They are labeled as hallucinations because one thinks they are real when they are only dreaming in that transitional state between wakefullness and full sleep. It's actually very common. Once again, if it's serious enough, as suggesting by the OP - he needs to see a medical doctor as as the very least it appears to be disrupting his day to day activities or it may be indicative of more serious medical issues. You, sir, with your suggestions, are doing harm to him.

Sleep Hallucinations - Overview and Facts

You're the one who shouldn't be allowed to post. Are you seriously that worked up over the fact that I suggested a solution you don't agree with? You are a phony and pompous know nothing. Don't talk to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal