U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-14-2019, 09:40 AM
 
2,863 posts, read 4,254,340 times
Reputation: 2175

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I like the direct approach. I would tell him that you don't appreciate having your dogs frightened and that he should go somewhere else and find something better to do.

I wasn't that polite.

I would if it were guaranteed to work but the spirit could decide it wants to stay and use me to connect to the living. That is a slippery slope. Could reveal itself, get upset, and make matters worse. Therefore I would rather not pay it any mind. Other than what I am saying on City Data.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2019, 12:49 PM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
5,031 posts, read 2,315,221 times
Reputation: 16802
So you were not actually experiencing the Paranormal. Your dogs were & you were left to use the process of elimination to ascertain what was going on.

Animals & babies are just closer to those primal instincts whereas adult humans are too sophisticated for their own good. Your dogs have opened a window for you; will you go take a look? I think you worry that it’s an airplane window?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2019, 02:26 PM
 
2,863 posts, read 4,254,340 times
Reputation: 2175
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
So you were not actually experiencing the Paranormal. Your dogs were & you were left to use the process of elimination to ascertain what was going on.

Animals & babies are just closer to those primal instincts whereas adult humans are too sophisticated for their own good. Your dogs have opened a window for you; will you go take a look? I think you worry that it’s an airplane window?

I am aware. It's not the 1st time I have experienced paranormal. Experienced it once years ago, then again last week with the gate slamming by itself. All I'm really wondering is, why me? The spirit seemed like it was pissed off and trying to get my attention. No I will not dabble in such things while I am still living. I'll have plenty of time when I am dead.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 05:31 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,000 posts, read 3,238,811 times
Reputation: 2782
I would say there are lots of things you can do - according to your beliefs. You could get a priest/shaman/psychic to come in and have a look or talk to it. You can take matters into your own hands and try to get rid of it yourself, you can learn protection techniques.

Just an opinion, but it sounds as if it does not like there being a gate there - is it a fairly recent addition? Possibly the land was native indian land or the area has some other history, which seems to make a difference to these things.

You could also set up a camera and try to catch any activity on camera too.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 11:29 PM
 
2,863 posts, read 4,254,340 times
Reputation: 2175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I would say there are lots of things you can do - according to your beliefs. You could get a priest/shaman/psychic to come in and have a look or talk to it. You can take matters into your own hands and try to get rid of it yourself, you can learn protection techniques.

Just an opinion, but it sounds as if it does not like there being a gate there - is it a fairly recent addition? Possibly the land was native indian land or the area has some other history, which seems to make a difference to these things.

You could also set up a camera and try to catch any activity on camera too.

The gate was here when I moved in a few years ago. The enclave was built in the 90s. From what I understand, the area was farmland with a railroad traversing the land. It's all built out now and a lively suburb with tons of people and nice new modern homes. It's weird though because when I first moved in, I felt something strange like a principality of the air. My first thought was that it might have been some ancient burial ground or battlefield way back in history or maybe a slaughterhouse or other place where animals were kept in cages and not too happy about it. I have no clue, just a wild guess. My other assumption was that stowaways from the nearby train tracks somehow camp nearby and commit suicide by train. There is even a suicide prevention sign with a phone # by the tracks. I'm really thinking spirits are haunting the tracks and surrounding neighborhoods. When I take my dogs for walks, they do not even like going up in there, they start barking or they stop and pull me the other way.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Status: "not a lazy daisy" (set 5 days ago)
 
79 posts, read 9,435 times
Reputation: 12
Hi Jay.
I think you are smart to avoid trying to communicate with whatever is doing this.

What paranormal experiences did you have prior to living in this new house/neighborhood?

Have you checked with neighbours or previous occupants of the home (if any)?

I get the sense that you are more concerned with understanding why this is happening (i.e. why me?), than you are with what it is that's happening. Is that accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Moved into a new house a couple years ago and there's a long walkway that connects the front yard to the back yard, where I think there might be some paranormal activity. Many times when I let my dogs out of the house, they run to this particular area and bark as if there is somebody there. 99% of the time, nobody is there (nobody out in the front yard, no neighbors walking by, etc.) I assumed it might be squirrels or birds in trees but, when the dogs bark, they have terror/fear on their faces and they are barking directly at the fence. The times I have gone to check it out, there's nothing there, it is totally silent/still.

The other night while I was preparing to throw out the trash, I popped open the wooden gate about halfway and went to retrieve the garbage cans. All of a sudden, the gate mysteriously slammed shut, hard! Normally the gate is hard to close and I have to use strength to open, close, and *** the latch/lock. For this gate to move and lock itself, it takes alot of force. As a strong, muscled dude, even I would have to push the thing very hard for the gate to move the way it did. Bottom line, I am chalking it up to paranormal activity. My question is, why is this force here? There have been other events too that involved my TV shutting off or turning on by itself. Other unexplained events have occurred in this new place. There's a weird force or something around my new neighborhood. There are railroad tracks nearby where people have been known to jump in front of trains. So wondering if their spirits sort of wander around the hood? This area used to be farmland, decades ago, from what I understand.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2019, 07:24 AM
 
2,863 posts, read 4,254,340 times
Reputation: 2175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Hi Jay.
I think you are smart to avoid trying to communicate with whatever is doing this.

What paranormal experiences did you have prior to living in this new house/neighborhood?

Have you checked with neighbours or previous occupants of the home (if any)?

I get the sense that you are more concerned with understanding why this is happening (i.e. why me?), than you are with what it is that's happening. Is that accurate?

Right, I don't plan to entertain the paranormal. Plenty of time when I am dead. lol



I have not asked any neighbors but I might do that sometime.



Yes I am mostly interested in why the ghost slammed the gate on me.


I experienced paranormal activity once around 2009. Was a late night, hanging out/visiting friends. Long story short, I ended up in a meeting room at a friend's condominium complex where I encountered some ancient writing on the walls/mirrors, I saw friendly spirits were partying, then an extremely cold draft of wind, followed by an angry demon with red eyes flying around the room. I ended up running out of the room and never returned. I did tell a couple of people nearby and they all said weird stuff happens in that room and I wasn't the 1st.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:58 AM
Status: "not a lazy daisy" (set 5 days ago)
 
79 posts, read 9,435 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Right, I don't plan to entertain the paranormal. Plenty of time when I am dead. lol

I have not asked any neighbors but I might do that sometime.

Yes I am mostly interested in why the ghost slammed the gate on me.

I experienced paranormal activity once around 2009. Was a late night, hanging out/visiting friends. Long story short, I ended up in a meeting room at a friend's condominium complex where I encountered some ancient writing on the walls/mirrors, I saw friendly spirits were partying, then an extremely cold draft of wind, followed by an angry demon with red eyes flying around the room. I ended up running out of the room and never returned. I did tell a couple of people nearby and they all said weird stuff happens in that room and I wasn't the 1st.
Hi Jay. In regards to ‘why’ you experienced those things, I don’t think there is a standard answer. Have you ever dabbled in any occult practices or any practice intended to seek out something metaphysical or paranormal? Thanks.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:06 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,000 posts, read 3,238,811 times
Reputation: 2782
Quote:
where I encountered some ancient writing on the walls/mirrors, I saw friendly spirits were partying, then an extremely cold draft of wind, followed by an angry demon with red eyes flying around the room.
Yes, it does sound like you are not telling us all of the story perhaps because you are afraid you may be the attraction.

This is like going to the doctors and expecting him to diagnose what is wrong with you without telling him anything about your complaint.

People dont just suddenly 'see' ancient writings on the wall and mirrors and a red-eyed 'demon' without there being some background to it. Particularly since this is not an ancient cave or place where this type of thing could occur normally.

I think you feel you might have an attachment from this 2009 event which is now manifesting.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:09 PM
 
2,863 posts, read 4,254,340 times
Reputation: 2175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Hi Jay. In regards to ‘why’ you experienced those things, I don’t think there is a standard answer. Have you ever dabbled in any occult practices or any practice intended to seek out something metaphysical or paranormal? Thanks.

I do not seek out such things but I have been around religious things and stuff. A few months ago I had clicked on some youtube vids regarding ghost hunters and saw some things I wish I had not. I literally became sick from watching. So I don't watch anymore. As I have said I try to avoid that stuff but I do believe that the paranormal exists.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top