Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 07:42 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times

Advertisements

I had an episode of sleep paralysis complete with hallucination and strongly believed that ghosts and demons were real. I studied the topic quite a bit, and came to understand that there is no science to account for the existence of such things. When I was 12-13, I discovered sleep paralysis on a discovery channel special, felt a great relief, and really learned about how your senses can deceive you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 08:32 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi
So anyway, I opened my eyes, very wide awake, to see the tree tops silhouette against the full moon. I felt the cool air all over my body & realized suddenly that I was actually in the air, above the tent & at the level of the tree tops.

I started screaming ‘Help I’m up here Mom! Dad!’...
Sounds to me like an out-of-body (OOB) episode where it is often reported people feel more awake (vibrant colours etc) than they do in normal waking life. Nothing to worry about there, loads of people do it. The real trick is, to do it when you want to !!

From what I read in Robert Monroe's books and others, the stages of leaving our physical often involve passing through the lower levels of the astral and sometimes strange beings are encountered in those levels. This could explain some of the threads on here which posters say they have felt/seen/experienced demons or odd happenings whilst in bed and may indicate they were aware(as if they were awake) but actually seeing things from their OOB state. Of course, this is only a suggestion, take it with a pinch of salt.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:08 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,863,511 times
When I was in Kindergarten I heard a voice talking to me at night several times just before I went to sleep. It didn't sound like a male or female voice. I would tell it about my problems and it would give me advice about things. Never heard from it since then.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
When I was in Kindergarten I heard a voice talking to me at night several times just before I went to sleep. It didn't sound like a male or female voice. I would tell it about my problems and it would give me advice about things. Never heard from it since then.
Interesting...did it give you good advice most of the time?

Old 07-29-2019, 10:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Sounds to me like an out-of-body (OOB) episode where it is often reported people feel more awake (vibrant colours etc) than they do in normal waking life. Nothing to worry about there, loads of people do it. The real trick is, to do it when you want to !!

From what I read in Robert Monroe's books and others, the stages of leaving our physical often involve passing through the lower levels of the astral and sometimes strange beings are encountered in those levels. This could explain some of the threads on here which posters say they have felt/seen/experienced demons or odd happenings whilst in bed and may indicate they were aware(as if they were awake) but actually seeing things from their OOB state. Of course, this is only a suggestion, take it with a pinch of salt.
Years later when discussing the event with my MIL, she firmly stated; 'You should work on tying your silver cord before going to sleep. Especially when sleeping outside because something is calling you out there'.

And she gave me a book. That I don't believe I read.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:41 AM

Quote:
...You should work on tying your silver cord before going to sleep. Especially when sleeping outside because something is calling you out there
As I understand it, your silver cord is like a huge elastic rope which is thick while you are near to your physical and gets thinner the farther away you get.

As far as I know, it is always attached so I am not sure you need to tie it. Maybe it is a ritual-kind-of-thing which is what she is referring to? Did your MIL tell you what to do?

Old 07-30-2019, 10:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
As I understand it, your silver cord is like a huge elastic rope which is thick while you are near to your physical and gets thinner the farther away you get.

As far as I know, it is always attached so I am not sure you need to tie it. Maybe it is a ritual-kind-of-thing which is what she is referring to? Did your MIL tell you what to do?
It may very well have been a ritual. She was an actual Witch, not a new-age 'pagan', descended from a Romanian/Bavarian family with hundreds of years of history of female practitioners.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:25 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It may very well have been a ritual. She was an actual Witch, not a new-age 'pagan', descended from a Romanian/Bavarian family with hundreds of years of history of female practitioners.
We had schoolteachers as kids who were into the 'New Age' movement and one of the older women seemed to have a healthy interest in witchcraft and pagan rituals (she taught us all about the Maypole Dance for example, and has us perform it, among other ritualistic-type stuff we were taught). These teachers approached our education from a different angle and it made learning fun and interesting.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
We had schoolteachers as kids who were into the 'New Age' movement and one of the older women seemed to have a healthy interest in witchcraft and pagan rituals (she taught us all about the Maypole Dance for example, and has us perform it, among other ritualistic-type stuff we were taught). These teachers approached our education from a different angle and it made learning fun and interesting.
Now, thats what education should be like - fun and interesting and making us want to know more about the world.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:32 AM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
We had schoolteachers as kids who were into the 'New Age' movement and one of the older women seemed to have a healthy? interest in witchcraft and pagan rituals (she taught us all about the Maypole Dance for example, and has us perform it, among other ritualistic-type stuff we were taught). These teachers approached our education from a different angle and it made learning fun and interesting.
Yes, those teachers were approaching education from a different angle. It's called the left-hand path. That was more than education. It was indoctrination of kids into the occult without consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal