U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 12:30 PM

171 posts, read 21,692 times

Advertisements

tijlover, wow about doing your chart for your friend and nailing it to the point he refused to speak to you after. You were only trying to caution him and he had that reaction, wow. I just do natal charts. Its so time intensive that I don't offer to do them much except for maybe giving brief highlights. To do it properly for others, just don't have that kind of time.

Happy that you made your peace with your Moon in Capricorn. The 8th and 12th are both difficult houses. Scorpio is interesting in your 8th...that sign loves hidden things/mysteries which is fitting for the 8th (as well as the 12th). Saturn which rules your Moon is not unaccustomed to challenges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 01:03 PM

11,881 posts, read 2,936,126 times
I registered on Astrodienst forum, tried to post a question and attach a chart but got a message I was banned from using that forum. I've never even posted before.

I hit "preview' to make sure everything looked okay. Got that message.
Instead, hit "post" but still got the same message.

I can't figure out what I did wrong. It says I can post new topics and reply to topics.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:01 PM

12,003 posts, read 20,543,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I registered on Astrodienst forum, tried to post a question and attach a chart but got a message I was banned from using that forum. I've never even posted before.

I hit "preview' to make sure everything looked okay. Got that message.
Instead, hit "post" but still got the same message.

I can't figure out what I did wrong. It says I can post new topics and reply to topics.
In some places, when you register you need to check your email to get a code and hyperlink to go through that makes your registration complete. They want to make sure you are a real person with things to discuss and not a spammer.

The spammer and troll thing has gotten so bad a number of places have removed forums and commenting. I don't know that forum, but I hope that helps..

Old 08-09-2019, 08:02 AM

4,763 posts, read 3,775,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
In some places, when you register you need to check your email to get a code and hyperlink to go through that makes your registration complete. They want to make sure you are a real person with things to discuss and not a spammer.
Other possibilities are that your IP address is blocked by their server for some reason, or you've violated their site terms of service. I see they have a report a problem link at the bottom of the page - I'd report it to them and see what they advise.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:35 PM

I figured it out and posted on the forum. Thanks!

Old 08-18-2019, 06:16 PM

13,849 posts, read 14,763,172 times
Also a few learning groups on Facebook lol some posters don’t have much patience for complete newbie questions

Old 08-19-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Also a few learning groups on Facebook lol some posters donít have much patience for complete newbie questions
I value my privacy so am not on Facebook.

I've studied astrology for years so definitely not a newbie but there are always new things to learn and not all astrologers agree with each other,.

I'm just no good at computers!

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

17,572 posts, read 21,449,968 times
I've heard that even the best Astrologers are incapable of guessing someone's Sun sign! But I'm better at guessing someone's Rising sign (Scorpio Risers the easiest for me) and moon sign, elementally so.

As far as the Facebook Astrologers, I find most of them to be from India, and they're into things I can't relate to, like Vedic Astrology. Yes, India is real big on Astrology. When I looked at the Marriage Wanted section of the Mumbai newspaper, just about every ad requested a chart for consideration. And if it's women looking, they want, above all, to find someone who's going to be a money-maker. And that's quite easy to find in a chart.

Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

28,814 posts, read 62,875,911 times
How about taking a course in astronomy and another in mathematics?

Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've heard that even the best Astrologers are incapable of guessing someone's Sun sign! But I'm better at guessing someone's Rising sign (Scorpio Risers the easiest for me) and moon sign, elementally so.
That's because the rising sign describes your appearance and outward personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal