U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 09:20 PM

5,225 posts, read 2,410,900 times

Advertisements

I'm partial to Colorado but check this out:

Garden of the Gods:

For centuries it was the annual pow-wow location for all of the Native American Plains tribes. Sacred burial grounds & a feeling of prehistoric eeriness. Those of us who grew up here will only go after dark in a car with multiple other people. We pass through or sometimes park on the fringes/overlooks.

We respect this land. If the ground could speak, as the sun sets, you could hear it say; ' Leave now. You are no longer welcome here.'

https://www.ancient-origins.net/anci...ssroads-006988

There are two other locations within city limits that 'say' similar words at nightfall. Ute Valley Park;

UTE Valley Rock Face "Revisted" - Chuck Zukowski UFO/Paranormal Investigations : Chuck Zukowski UFO/Paranormal Investigations

... & Palmer Park; https://www.yourghoststories.com/rea...php?story=2358

I used to live half a mile from GOG; that's where I saw the Thunderbird. I now live across the street from PP. Now that place, if you do not leave as the sun sets, will cause your anxiety level to reach near panic levels. It just gets louder by the second; 'leave now, leave now ... LEAVE NOW...'

Mkay. Then, there is Manitou Springs. Known as the 'occult capital of the US' in the 1970s. The Manitou is the Algonquin Spirit of Many Things from Native American history. Scared this preacher guy, for sure:

https://burton.tv/tag/manitou-springs/

Mesa Verde; where 1,200 Anasazi Indians disappeared, leaving pottery & household goods as they were. Well-documented vortice location.

CO Sacred Sites

The Alien Highway: https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/16782

Las Animas & Huerfano Counties; highest cattle mutilation activity in the country:

https://nypost.com/2016/09/04/this-i...ormal-highway/

Seriously; I'm just getting started. I'll stop for now but I have only touched on a few places in southern Colorado; there is plenty more to learn about regarding northern Colorado & the high country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 08:27 PM

5,708 posts, read 8,288,760 times
I've never been there myself, but a lot of paranormal stories I've read about seem to happen in Orem, Utah. Does anyone know if that's pretty true?

Old 08-24-2019, 09:30 PM

4,885 posts, read 1,667,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Wisconsin has some good stuff. The Beast of Bray Road, the Lake Michigan Triangle, a lake monster in Devil's Lake, lots of UFO reports.
I was on a ghost walk in Lake Geneva a couple weeks ago and there were some pretty interesting stories and history there...cool mansions, ties to Al Capone and the mafia during prohibition, Sigmund Freud's college roommate apparently moved there from Germany and opened a bunch of asylums, lake deaths, haunted theater, etc.

The creepiest part is that the girl I went with is from the area, and her sister used to live in an apartment that had weird activity, like cupboards being open when she woke up, and hearing people fighting above her room and later finding out no one lived there...

Turns out, the guide mentioned that exact apartment building during the tour. She said that the biggest asylum used to be there before it was torn down, and the police are commonly called there by residents or people walking by, and they'll report screams and fighting from inside the building.

I don't even know if I believe in a lot of paranormal stuff, but that was really interesting...more than just a coincidence.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:45 PM

10,637 posts, read 13,284,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Well-known exorcist Malachi Martin stated on several occasions that the two hotbeds of demon possession are Brooklyn, NY and Louisville, Ky.
Im from Brooklyn. Have seen some strange and wild behavior. Thought its mainly K2/bath salts or mental illness.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:40 PM

11,244 posts, read 2,935,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I was on a ghost walk in Lake Geneva a couple weeks ago and there were some pretty interesting stories and history there...cool mansions, ties to Al Capone and the mafia during prohibition, Sigmund Freud's college roommate apparently moved there from Germany and opened a bunch of asylums, lake deaths, haunted theater, etc.

The creepiest part is that the girl I went with is from the area, and her sister used to live in an apartment that had weird activity, like cupboards being open when she woke up, and hearing people fighting above her room and later finding out no one lived there...

Turns out, the guide mentioned that exact apartment building during the tour. She said that the biggest asylum used to be there before it was torn down, and the police are commonly called there by residents or people walking by, and they'll report screams and fighting from inside the building.

I don't even know if I believe in a lot of paranormal stuff, but that was really interesting...more than just a coincidence.
Its kind of frightening to think these 'spirits' who can be heard screaming and fighting all the time...are STILL going thru this in their afterlife!

Old 09-01-2019, 08:29 PM

679 posts, read 592,518 times
To reply - D. Scott:

There was a guy in Brooklyn who
had a habit of talking aloud to him-
self ferociously while walking in
public. He was self-conscious about
his behavior (people stared), so he
bought an unactivated cellphone
and walks with it pressed to his ear.
Now, no one pays attention to him.

Old Today, 04:53 AM

19,665 posts, read 17,694,312 times
Its where there's been a history of people being tied to the land, a very spiritual culture and great tragic events or strife. Hawaii, western native American states, the deep south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or