U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 02:54 PM

884 posts, read 243,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
You think your grandfather turned on the TV? What channel/program was on. If it was something he liked to watch when he was alive, then it's probably him. If not, then it could some other spirit. I hear they like to watch TV to kill time. If this bothers you, remove all chairs and bedding that can used to sit or lie on. No one likes to watch TV standing up, including spirits.
Good one, buddy!
Funny as hell.
You won the Internet today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 02:00 PM

14,946 posts, read 10,950,856 times
Our TV has distinct "on" and "off" click sounds. Like a double-click when turning it on, and a single click when turning it off. At random times, you can hear the double-click of it turning on, but then nothing happens. It doesn't actually turn on. Then we just kind of say, "Okaaay....." It happens at random times during the day or night. We don't have any trouble when actually trying to turn it on or off.

It's kind of creepy because it will sometimes do it in the middle of the night or when I'm home alone during the day, and it makes it seem like someone else is in the house. I'm pretty used to it now, though. lol

Old 08-23-2019, 04:29 PM

1,403 posts, read 1,055,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Am I understanding you correctly? You unplugged the tv and it turned on at 3:15 anyway? And you promptly moved out?
I later learned a previous renter had turned on the TV at 3:15. Investigators theorize she had stepped from the shower a few minutes before, and was still damp. The set had an electrical short and was zapped. The woman was discovered dead in front of the set the next day with a clock sitting on the TV stopped at 3:15am.

(To say I "promptly moved out" would be an understatement)

Old 08-24-2019, 08:36 AM

5,781 posts, read 4,973,882 times
The barn had been closed up for several months after dad died, and I went in to assess my work ahead of me and noticed trails of dust in the paths going through the crowded building like some one had been sweeping every thing to the center of the path ,not only that things were standing on end like pipe fittings .
I got a trail cam and set it up in side, and caught several things including cats dogs rabbits and fuzzzy white spots.
these explain the swept trails but the white spots were a mystery , so I moved the cam to a different location and gave it a month and when I went to check it the internals had shorted out on the circuit board.
My brother who is the executor of the estate called me and said "are you using the electricity ?" I said why, I have solar but I still run the air compressor and other things on grid power.
He said, " I haven't gotten a electric bill for several months since dad passed away and it worries me that the electric company is going to hit me with a big bill . "
I went out to the meter and it was running like usual ,so I told him you'd better give them a call , so he did .
Turns out their meter wasn't working properly so they replaced it with the same type. Years later they replaced that one with a smart meter .
Dad was no electrical engineer however he spent a great deal of time learning and fixing electric motors, having an air compressor shop we all made our living at.
I am not going to say dad did it but it is curious. there have not been any phenomenon since .

Old 08-27-2019, 10:20 PM

36,047 posts, read 32,726,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I later learned a previous renter had turned on the TV at 3:15. Investigators theorize she had stepped from the shower a few minutes before, and was still damp. The set had an electrical short and was zapped. The woman was discovered dead in front of the set the next day with a clock sitting on the TV stopped at 3:15am.

I'd say a good percentage of homes have had someone die in them by now. Not something they have to disclose at sale usually.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:00 PM

6,812 posts, read 2,510,871 times
Quote:

That is a very scary thing, a freak accident, reminds me of a scene in a movie where a woman was just standing in a puddle of spilled milk and she was using the toaster. I think there was an electrical short in the toaster, too and she was electrocuted. That scene stayed in my mind to this day and it was a movie I think from the 1980s starring Martin Sheen(?). You wouldn't think about stuff like that happening, a true definition of a freak accident. How would you know something had an electrical short? We use so many electrical appliances in our daily lives

Old 08-28-2019, 03:36 PM

1,403 posts, read 1,055,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'd say a good percentage of homes have had someone die in them by now. Not something they have to disclose at sale usually.
Here's an interesting link on this:

https://www.realtor.com/advice/sell/...th-in-a-house/

Old 08-28-2019, 08:48 PM

10,533 posts, read 4,023,293 times
Poltergeist activity?

My doorbell rang one time and there was no one there (I know this because there's a window on my door and on the sides of my door). And the weird thing is, I knew it would happen just a few seconds before it did, and that there would be nobody there.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:49 PM

675 posts, read 379,314 times
Quote:
Back in the 1970's, I moved into a furnished apt complete with TV. Every night at 3:15 am the TV would turn on full blast.
I called the TV repairman (back then they made house calls) and he adjusted something in the back of the set, charged me $20, and left. That night at 3AM, same thing. The next night I wised up and unplugged the set. At 3:15 that morning, same thing. I was moved out of that apartment daylight.
That is so wild! I don't blame you for wanting to move out.

I wonder what a scientific explanation for an unplugged TV turning
on by itself might be? You know, for the skeptics out there.

-

Old 09-02-2019, 03:55 AM

25,577 posts, read 24,466,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
That is so wild! I don't blame you for wanting to move out.

I wonder what a scientific explanation for an unplugged TV turning
on by itself might be? You know, for the skeptics out there.

-
It's pretty lame, but I wouldn't say that because I wouldn't want to see what happened next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or