U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 07:17 PM

12,563 posts, read 18,670,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I supposed I don't see a lot of conflict in what he posted. He said he "believes in" ghosts, but he also thinks a lot of what some people think of as paranormal events are perfectly explainable. If he's never actually seen or been affected by a ghost, then yes, his belief in ghosts would only be a "personal belief and expectation". But I totally agree that most "paranormal" events are totally explainable by normal occurrences -- maybe even all of them.
OK I think I got it now. It took me a few times to read it to understand what he was getting at, maybe it's just me. So yes he was saying he believes in ghosts but then gave in example of noises on a ship which was perfectly explainable as the heat causing the metal to expand and contract, and in that case was not ghosts.....
at least I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 02:27 AM

3,108 posts, read 3,302,095 times
Quote:
My problem with ghost is we have never had a ghost that we could sit down with, show others, and have a meaningful exchange of ideas. If they truly wanted to communicate with us one would think they would do a better job!
Not sure where or when but a number of years ago I heard of scientists who were doing this and were allegedly regularly talking to the same spirits. Trouble is, I cannot give any examples or references just that I read it somewhere. Now...whether it is true or not, I dont know. I will have a go at finding out more.

Old 09-04-2019, 03:09 AM

14,683 posts, read 11,979,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Not sure where or when but a number of years ago I heard of scientists who were doing this and were allegedly regularly talking to the same spirits. Trouble is, I cannot give any examples or references just that I read it somewhere. Now...whether it is true or not, I dont know. I will have a go at finding out more.
Here is one good article I found on ghost: https://www.livescience.com/26697-are-ghosts-real.html. Perhaps you would like their closing paragraph: "Ultimately, ghost hunting is not about the evidence (if it was, the search would have been abandoned long ago). Instead, it's about having fun with friends, telling stories, and the enjoyment of pretending they are searching the edge of the unknown. After all, everyone loves a good ghost story."

Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 PM

3,108 posts, read 3,302,095 times
I notice no-one as-yet searches for aliens abducting folks. After all, there are enough people claiming abduction events - and regularly too.

Maybe people like Zac from ghost adventures should change to "alien adventures" to REALLY give themselves something to be afraid of. They did one or two episodes where aliens were something that was involved, but only half-heartedly in my opinion.

Ghosts seem to be relatively benign, but aliens might be able to wield a lot more clout.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:13 AM

11,354 posts, read 2,980,063 times
Quote:
I notice no-one as-yet searches for aliens abducting folks. After all, there are enough people claiming abduction events - and regularly too.

Maybe people like Zac from ghost adventures should change to "alien adventures" to REALLY give themselves something to be afraid of. They did one or two episodes where aliens were something that was involved, but only half-heartedly in my opinion.

Ghosts seem to be relatively benign, but aliens might be able to wield a lot more clout.
Thats true, but where would they even start to search?

Old 09-05-2019, 04:04 PM

368 posts, read 58,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is one of the reasons I dont really believe they are spirits or souls of once living people...however I know 'ghosts' exist, as I have seen one personally, It was as real as anything else, it appeared to have some kind of intelligence and it cast a shadow, (had tangible mass), but it was able to vanish into thin air too.

I think they may be closer to what 'UFOs' are, they are some kind of 'being'...maybe extra-dimensional?
I'm very interested to hear more about your experience(s) if you don't mind sharing.

Some paranormal and supernatural phenomena are explainable misinterpretations or wishful thinking (in the case of a grieving person), but I believe many such phenomena are real. I've researched many different related topics and there is plenty of evidence suggesting they are real (short of a direct personal experience). I've watched many ghost hunting videos and have seen unexplainable, but definite poltergeist activity. The topic of supernatural is not something I'd recommend people doing serious research into unless you have the capacity to go through the paradigm shift in thinking can result. One's sense of 'reality' can be forever changed. You can't un-know it, after the fact.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I'm very interested to hear more about your experience(s) if you don't mind sharing.

Some paranormal and supernatural phenomena are explainable misinterpretations or wishful thinking (in the case of a grieving person), but I believe many such phenomena are real. I've researched many different related topics and there is plenty of evidence suggesting they are real (short of a direct personal experience). I've watched many ghost hunting videos and have seen unexplainable, but definite poltergeist activity. The topic of supernatural is not something I'd recommend people doing serious research into unless you have the capacity to go through the paradigm shift in thinking can result. One's sense of 'reality' can be forever changed. You can't un-know it, after the fact.
Ive had a total of 2 events like this, one was paranormal, the other was closer to a UFO...

The paranormal one happened when I was about 17 yrs old, living at a girlfriends house, I was alone in the house and lying in my bed (bedroom was at the end of a short hallway, I could see down to the stairwell from my room), I saw a grayish transparent ball (beach ball size), simply floating around the stairwell area, there were no windows so it was not a reflection from outside, it moved around for a little bit and then went around the corner and was gone. I noticed it cast a shadow on the walls, and there seemed to be some kind of intelligence to its movements. I didnt feel frightened or elated, I dont think it paid any attention to me or knew I was there.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:48 PM

3,819 posts, read 1,885,096 times
Quote:

Claiming, yes; but they're either claiming it for publicity, or they're nuts, or very narcissistic. No one's been abducted by aliens.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Claiming, yes; but they're either claiming it for publicity, or they're nuts, or very narcissistic. No one's been abducted by aliens.
That is just a foolish statement to make, there is some VERY good evidence that it has happened to numerous people.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:28 AM

14,683 posts, read 11,979,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is just a foolish statement to make, there is some VERY good evidence that it has happened to numerous people.
What "VERY good evidence"? Do we have one of the abductors in custody?

I still think that a lot of this thinking is about how we are so special that another race wants to study us and find out why we are so special. I just cannot picture that. I could understand that an opponent would want to dissect one of us or do a brief study and then discard or vaporize the remains. But I really do not think they would ever read or honor the 'catch and release' signs - we are not that important or special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or