U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 09:34 AM

11,354 posts, read 2,980,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What "VERY good evidence"? Do we have one of the abductors in custody?

I still think that a lot of this thinking is about how we are so special that another race wants to study us and find out why we are so special. I just cannot picture that. I could understand that an opponent would want to dissect one of us or do a brief study and then discard or vaporize the remains. But I really do not think they would ever read or honor the 'catch and release' signs - we are not that important or special.
I agree with that, and actually agree that its strange abductions keep happening, if an alien race truly wanted to learn about us and/or dissect us, they would only need a couple human bodies, they would not need to continually abduct people over decades.

However its only a guess as to why they are abducting people, many people seem to believe they are studying us, but that is probably not the reason, for all we know it could be anything, they could be using us as slaves, for some kind of breeding/hybridization program, etc. It could even be something that makes no sense to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 01:14 PM

3,819 posts, read 1,885,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is just a foolish statement to make, there is some VERY good evidence that it has happened to numerous people.
I certainly haven't seen any "VERY good evidence", and I enjoy watching UFO programs.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:28 PM

14,683 posts, read 11,979,822 times
Quote:
I agree with that, and actually agree that its strange abductions keep happening, if an alien race truly wanted to learn about us and/or dissect us, they would only need a couple human bodies, they would not need to continually abduct people over decades.

However its only a guess as to why they are abducting people, many people seem to believe they are studying us, but that is probably not the reason, for all we know it could be anything, they could be using us as slaves, for some kind of breeding/hybridization program, etc. It could even be something that makes no sense to us.
Here; I'll give you a scenario that does make some sense. If an exploratory 'scout' mission found planets that could sustain their civilization's population; they could implant us with a biologically engineered, contagious, human destroying, micro-robotic, replicating, bugs. It could be timed to be released just before their main force deploys to our planet. That way all of our civil engineering can be repurposed for the alien race. Don't forget that many of the abductees have talked about their implants.

I have to wonder how many days we have left? Get a good night's sleep!

Old 09-11-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Here; I'll give you a scenario that does make some sense. If an exploratory 'scout' mission found planets that could sustain their civilization's population; they could implant us with a biologically engineered, contagious, human destroying, micro-robotic, replicating, bugs. It could be timed to be released just before their main force deploys to our planet. That way all of our civil engineering can be repurposed for the alien race. Don't forget that many of the abductees have talked about their implants.

I have to wonder how many days we have left? Get a good night's sleep!
Yes, if they wanted our planet or resources, etc, they would have taken it by now, we are not a threat to them in anyway...There is something else going on here, Ive got a funny feeling one day, we will find out that they are our creators.( to be honest, Im still on the fence for the most part), the other theory that I think may be possible is the future time travelers.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, if they wanted our planet or resources, etc, they would have taken it by now, we are not a threat to them in anyway...There is something else going on here, Ive got a funny feeling one day, we will find out that they are our creators.( to be honest, Im still on the fence for the most part), the other theory that I think may be possible is the future time travelers.
'If they were here' they would have attempted to take our planets resources. We have no solid proof of their existence. We have plenty of accounts of UFO's (unidentified flying objects - with a lot of emphasis on 'unidentified'). We need proof that they are here before we accept them or go to war against them. Without that proof it is very hard to know their intentions - if they are truly here.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 PM

3,108 posts, read 3,302,095 times
Plenty of military sightings of both UFOs and USOs. If any of you have been in the military, you will want to believe those reports, knowing how much courage it takes to report something strange. So, it is likely that many witnessed these events, not just one or two.

Abductions - The David Jacobs books suggest that the aliens are doing a take-over by stealth and has numerous reports of babies in growing tubes and alien-human children hybrids. Even some natal nurses reporting pregnancies which disappear mid-term and no after effects (as if the woman had never been pregnant). Those are pretty scary.

Of course, we will get some explanations for those on here wont we. Pregnancies which have had regular check-ups and then disappear cannot be explained.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:10 AM

16,782 posts, read 21,025,897 times
Quote:
If a civilization is advanced enough to have found a way to travel between stars, then I have serious doubts they are going to need to ravage planets for resources.

But if I'm wrong and aliens did want to wipe us out, they wouldn't need anything as advanced as micro-robots. A simple germ would do. Look what happened when Europeans brought germs to the Americas. Untold millions died. And those were just from germs shared by the same species separated by a few millennia. Imagine a germ from another planet altogether. Their version of the common cold could likely wipe out all biological life an Earth with remarkable efficiency.

If aliens are visiting Earth --- and there is absolutely no definitive proof they are --- then my guess is that their intentions are neither benevolent nor malevolent but probably simple curiosity.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If a civilization is advanced enough to have found a way to travel between stars, then I have serious doubts they are going to need to ravage planets for resources.

But if I'm wrong and aliens did want to wipe us out, they wouldn't need anything as advanced as micro-robots. A simple germ would do. Look what happened when Europeans brought germs to the Americas. Untold millions died. And those were just from germs shared by the same species separated by a few millennia. Imagine a germ from another planet altogether. Their version of the common cold could likely wipe out all biological life an Earth with remarkable efficiency.

If aliens are visiting Earth --- and there is absolutely no definitive proof they are --- then my guess is that their intentions are neither benevolent nor malevolent but probably simple curiosity.
The dominate thing that makes humans or animals move is survival. If the climate turned too hot, dry, wet, cold, some would look for greener pastures. Of course there are always individuals that set out on their own for their own reasons.

But when we look at the universe there are many reasons to make intelligent life flee their one little, what used to be, safe haven. Like the impending Andromeda collision with our Milky Way. If we could predict a supernova or even a coronal mass ejection; maybe we would want another chance. Then, once we are all loaded up on our little Battlestar Galactica fleet and we find a world that would suit our needs with a primitive society; would we say: "No thanks' and keep on looking or would we say: "Move over; here we come"? Keep in mind that we may have been searching for a very long time.

Old 09-12-2019, 04:36 PM

5,292 posts, read 2,436,083 times
I believe in ghosts but I don't know if 'ghost' is necessarily the correct reference. When I say I experienced 'a ghost'; I mean a human-like entity that was where they should not be & did not present as one would expect a human to.

It does not mean noises or objects moving or a 'chill' ... It means that in the first instance, it was shaped like a man but 'dark' & shadow-like. I saw him standing behind me twice in one night in my reflection in two different mirrors in two different rooms & when I'd turn around; he disappear. And a friend who stopped by later that night saw him sitting on my bed.

In the second instance, he was whitish & almost ethereal looking but I could clearly tell he was wearing a denim jacket or shirt & a wide-brimmed hat. I locked my car up sideways on the highway at 60 mph because he stepped out in front of me from the side of the road. I have since learned that this exact same thing has happened to other travelers on that same section of I-25, so ... (?).

Usually, I also go above & beyond to find a reasonable explanation but I had absolutely nothing to start with for both of these instances. Noises, electronics behaving strangely, etc, is an entirely different scenario.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I think its premature to 'define' them as being 'another separate civilization, from somewhere else'....we dont know if thats accurate or not.

They may 'come/originate' from a 'place', that we didnt even know existed, it may not be another planet, another dimension, etc etc. it may be something else entirely, something we cannot even define.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or