U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2019, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,738 posts, read 12,036,250 times
Reputation: 11118

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I read online that many attempts were made to discredit the Patterson-Gimlin film of Bigfoot but it was never conclusively proven to be a hoax.
If you read this Wikipedia link you will see there is enough evidence to at least raise an eyebrow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-22-2019, 11:27 PM
 
11,531 posts, read 3,037,177 times
Reputation: 7710
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you read this Wikipedia link you will see there is enough evidence to at least raise an eyebrow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film.
There is just no way it was a guy in a monkey suit...the muscle tone is SO clear during the video, you can actually see the muscles move, ripple, contract, etc...., plus a hernia can be easily seen as well...if thats a suit, its was one the best in the world at the time, and probably would have to have been created by a Hollywood special effects crew.


If you get a chance, watch some sci fi and monster movies from that time frame and pay close attention to the suits they use, difference is night and day imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 03:57 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,738 posts, read 12,036,250 times
Reputation: 11118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is just no way it was a guy in a monkey suit...the muscle tone is SO clear during the video, you can actually see the muscles move, ripple, contract, etc...., plus a hernia can be easily seen as well...if thats a suit, its was one the best in the world at the time, and probably would have to have been created by a Hollywood special effects crew.


If you get a chance, watch some sci fi and monster movies from that time frame and pay close attention to the suits they use, difference is night and day imo.
People see what they want to see. If you look at the enhanced version of the old film; it clearly looks like a monkey suit. The top of the suit doesn't look attached to the bottom. The hands and face were wrong; not to mention where the suit legs ended at the shoes. The only thing that made it seem real was the distance and poor quality of the film.

But, beyond this film, where are all the new films of Big Foot? When that film was shot there were probably only a thousand of those cameras in the world. Today there are more cameras than we have people and most of them are capable of taking better videos than the one that Patterson shot. There have been thousands of sightings since that film. Cameras are watching everything and they see no monster looking Big Foot - with the exception of blobsquatch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 11:12 AM
 
11,531 posts, read 3,037,177 times
Reputation: 7710
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
People see what they want to see. If you look at the enhanced version of the old film; it clearly looks like a monkey suit. The top of the suit doesn't look attached to the bottom. The hands and face were wrong; not to mention where the suit legs ended at the shoes. The only thing that made it seem real was the distance and poor quality of the film.

But, beyond this film, where are all the new films of Big Foot? When that film was shot there were probably only a thousand of those cameras in the world. Today there are more cameras than we have people and most of them are capable of taking better videos than the one that Patterson shot. There have been thousands of sightings since that film. Cameras are watching everything and they see no monster looking Big Foot - with the exception of blobsquatch.
Yes, and Ive remarked about that aspect in the past too...I do agree, there are LOTS of very good quality cameras and video devices out there today (compared to the time when this video was made)....so where are the HIGH QUALITY hoaxes and fakes? Ones SO good, they are able to fool even the experts? Since there are so many new devices and technology out today...there should be LOADS of these circulating.


Look at advanced CGI is today...and STILL we have nothing but 'blobsquatches' popping up, with the witness claiming they are the real deal...? Doesnt that seem strange to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,738 posts, read 12,036,250 times
Reputation: 11118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, and Ive remarked about that aspect in the past too...I do agree, there are LOTS of very good quality cameras and video devices out there today (compared to the time when this video was made)....so where are the HIGH QUALITY hoaxes and fakes? Ones SO good, they are able to fool even the experts? Since there are so many new devices and technology out today...there should be LOADS of these circulating.


Look at advanced CGI is today...and STILL we have nothing but 'blobsquatches' popping up, with the witness claiming they are the real deal...? Doesnt that seem strange to you?
We also have the technology today to take DNA samples from any Big Foot tracks and see if they are human. We can even sample cave floors to see if any nonhumans have been in there for thousands of years.

Years ago a person could put on some large Big Foot looking feet and leave tracks behind to fool friends and the public. Today we can find out exactly what animal made those tracks; if it was an animal.

With the CGI there are also people that can expose those fakes. But it was never about just the pictures. The pictures can place an animal in a particular location and the DNA testing can supply the evidence or lack of evidence. Pictures are a start; but the scat, hair, blood, fibers and skeleton remains are the rest of the picture - that will lead to positive identification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Texas
10,753 posts, read 4,111,422 times
Reputation: 21365
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
People see what they want to see. If you look at the enhanced version of the old film; it clearly looks like a monkey suit. The top of the suit doesn't look attached to the bottom. The hands and face were wrong; not to mention where the suit legs ended at the shoes. The only thing that made it seem real was the distance and poor quality of the film. .
Medical doctors reviewed the film and believed it to be real, based on the clearly defined muscles beneath the skin and how they moved. A real suit or costume would have concealed most of that. As for hands and face being "wrong" what do you have to compare that too? Other Bigfoot creatures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Texas
10,753 posts, read 4,111,422 times
Reputation: 21365
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
P
But, beyond this film, where are all the new films of Big Foot? .
If he's dead by now there wouldn't be any new films.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,738 posts, read 12,036,250 times
Reputation: 11118
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If he's dead by now there wouldn't be any new films.
The sightings did not stop when that film was made. If anything there were more sightings after the film. Were they all hoaxes or misidentifications of known animals or humans?

If you fully read the Wikipedia article there was plenty in there to suggest that it all could have been a hoax. Of course we will never really know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
3,858 posts, read 1,918,055 times
Reputation: 2985
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If he's dead by now there wouldn't be any new films.
But she (I think it's supposedly female) coudn't possibly be the only bigfoot roaming around. There should be modern, high def recordings with so many quality cameras around, so many people looking for bigfoot, and so many sightings. Presumably you meant bigfoot when you said "he", and not the filmmaker. One of those guys died not long after the film was shot, and I think the other is still alive.

I have no idea if this film is a hoax or not, but to me it moves like a guy in a well-padded monkey suit. But if they're real, the last thing we want to do is run around shooting them just to prove they exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
2,902 posts, read 4,252,660 times
Reputation: 3117
I'm a member of the Modoc Indians in Southern Oregon, there are many oral stories of Matah Kagmi (Bigfoot) that go back many thousands of years. It is told that the Matah Kagmi were the guardians of the sacred mountain now known a Mt. Mazama or Crater Lake. When it erupted 7000 years ago the Matah Kagmi were force off the mountain, this is when they came in contact with the natives that lived in the area. The Matah Kagmi are not dangerous according to lore, but are in fact very shy and recluse. There is a story of a Modoc man that got bit by a rattle snake and the Matah Kagmi helped him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top