U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:22 AM

12,111 posts, read 20,686,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Edit note, not sure why CD is censoring the word C-O-N M-A-N.
Really? ******

Edited to add : I can usually figure things out. This one’s a stumper.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:51 AM

79,839 posts, read 72,479,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It has never, to this day, been proven that it was a gorilla suit or costume. That is just conjecture only. There is no proof that it was a costume.
There was also a photo on a youtube flick of someone in the suit, posed with the head off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 10:55 AM

79,839 posts, read 72,479,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is no proof it wasn't a costume. From the Wikipedia link: "Bob Heironimus claims to have been the figure depicted in the Patterson film. Heironimus says he had not previously publicly discussed his role in the hoax because he hoped to be paid eventually and was afraid of being convicted of fraud had he confessed. After speaking with his lawyer he was told that since he had not been paid for his involvement in the hoax, he could not be held accountable."

Then you have this statement in that link: "In 2002, Philip Morris, owner of Morris Costumes (a North Carolina-based company offering costumes, props and stage products) claimed that he made a gorilla costume that was used in the Patterson film."

There is other supporting information available and if that is not enough to say: "Maybe they pulled the wool over my eyes"; then you are not looking at all the information available.
Couldn't rep you. The evidence is out there, if one combs through all the films and articles. I went into the Bigfoot topic here on C-D, kind of hoping it was "real", so I looked at everything I could find on the Patterson film, and others. All have been disproven.

Old 09-30-2019, 03:12 PM

14,768 posts, read 12,065,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Couldn't rep you. The evidence is out there, if one combs through all the films and articles. I went into the Bigfoot topic here on C-D, kind of hoping it was "real", so I looked at everything I could find on the Patterson film, and others. All have been disproven.
Thank you!

I just don't understand why we have people that want to believe others that are either making money or hope to make money from a fraud. I guess that is why I get so many crank calls from telemarketers! I always hang up on them; but obviously somebody isn't!

If I said it once; I must have said it a hundred times. When it comes to Big Foot, the more time that goes by without evidence, the less likely it was ever real. Technology is closing in on the most obscure parts or our land masses. Some day it will close in on the unexplored parts of our oceans. And some day we will know more about outer space - I presume we will never know everything because of the distances. But time is running out for campfire stories!

PS I could rep you again either!

Old 09-30-2019, 03:38 PM

10,873 posts, read 4,164,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The film has become part of American legend and an entire story has built up around it - much of what is simply false (like the guy that said "experts looked at it and declared it genuine"), but why someone so informed as you way your are then can think it's genuine then is puzzling. At this point the evidence is overwhelming that it was a fraud.

We have the person that wore the suit, we have the persons that created the suit, we have one of the two (the other being dead) admitting "it may have been a hoax". We have the background of the event and the filmmaker documented - which just has "hoax" and "******" written all over it. The evidence that is was geniune? - grainy footage only. We have mixed review of the footage by "experts", many who are also saying it's a fake.

Why so much attention to this film is puzzling, maybe because video cameras were just not as readily available back then. The average youtube faker can do a much better and convincing job today.
It has never been conclusively proven to be a fake.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:32 PM

3,885 posts, read 1,938,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Really? ******

Maybe it's on the new list of words banned in NYC.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:08 AM

14,768 posts, read 12,065,965 times
Quote:
Here is a short National Geographic film on the Patterson film: https://video.nationalgeographic.com...c-7b3f24c90000.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 AM

55 posts, read 6,238 times
Do you know what a sasquatch is?

I can ruin the myth for you, if you want. You'll have only knowledge though. The myth will be forever gone.

You want it?

Old 10-01-2019, 06:08 AM

12,599 posts, read 18,741,943 times
Quote:
How many times are you going to state that? What is "conclusive" to you?

Given the information in the post you are responding to - YES it has been proven false, the criteria is there to conclude it is a fake beyond any reasonable doubt. It's overwhelming! Beyond that, we have to find a time machine and "materialize" to the time of the event and find Patterson sipping a beer and laughing about the idiots that think it's real - but that option is not available to us.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:55 AM

4,864 posts, read 3,842,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Really? ******

Like most forum software, VBulletin has a censored word list. Here are three possibilities I can see:
  • The word was in whatever list(s) of censored words the folks who set up VBulletin used.
  • The word was added later by someone on C-D has access to it for editing.
  • VBulletin is using fuzzy matching, and it looks or sounds like some other banned word.
I can kind of see see where someone might ban it as an inflammatory term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal