Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 05:54 AM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times

Advertisements

At the risk of starting an argument once more about Bigfoot, I have been watching Expedition Unknown (not "exploration" as I put in the title) about the Yeti/Bigfoot and it seems we are narrowing the search for this giant.

In the episode Hunt for the Yeti - Monster of the Mountain, Josh Gates visits Nepal. It seems a bunch of monks have got a Bigfoot scalp hidden away in the mountains. Since folks on here have been saying they want some kind of physical proof, this would appear to be that physical proof they need. It has the reported conical head and red/brown hair and, although I am sad that one (probably) had to die to get the physical proof some people need, it may have saved many more being killed.

Here is a screenshot of the part of the program where Josh places the scalp on a table and takes pictures of it.

Josh managed to persuade the monk to allow him to take a hair for analysis but I have not seen the last episode where the results of that are probably announced.

I encourage everyone who is interested in this subject to watch this program. What do you think? Is it real or not? It certainly looks like he found the Yeti in Nepal, however bear in mind a number of previous sacred artifacts which were said to be yeti pieces have turned out to be fakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 06:10 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
It looks just like this one which was debunked: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...khumjung-nepal. According to that link: "The scalp turned out to have been fashioned from the hide of an animal, most likely a goat-antelope native to the Himalayas."

Old 09-02-2019, 12:54 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
At the risk of starting an argument once more about Bigfoot, I have been watching Expedition Unknown (not "exploration" as I put in the title) about the Yeti/Bigfoot and it seems we are narrowing the search for this giant.

In the episode Hunt for the Yeti - Monster of the Mountain, Josh Gates visits Nepal. It seems a bunch of monks have got a Bigfoot scalp hidden away in the mountains. Since folks on here have been saying they want some kind of physical proof, this would appear to be that physical proof they need. It has the reported conical head and red/brown hair and, although I am sad that one (probably) had to die to get the physical proof some people need, it may have saved many more being killed.

Here is a screenshot of the part of the program where Josh places the scalp on a table and takes pictures of it.

Josh managed to persuade the monk to allow him to take a hair for analysis but I have not seen the last episode where the results of that are probably announced.

I encourage everyone who is interested in this subject to watch this program. What do you think? Is it real or not? It certainly looks like he found the Yeti in Nepal, however bear in mind a number of previous sacred artifacts which were said to be yeti pieces have turned out to be fakes.
The program you're watching is a rerun of a year or two ago. The scalp turned out to be nothing ... can't remember what animal, but it wasn't a yeti.

The program's pretty entertaining in general, but Josh never finds anything he's looking for.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:54 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
Oh, OK thanks. Yes, this is the one. Looks good though. I was aware it was an old program so I thought I would probably have heard about it if it was anything newsworthy. They did find a large footprint though I believe.

I agree, the program is all too managed and when he gets somewhere there is always a new tunnel or cave about to be opened and waiting for him to arrive. Anyway, some aspects of it all are quite interesting and informative too.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:28 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The program you're watching is a rerun of a year or two ago. The scalp turned out to be nothing ... can't remember what animal, but it wasn't a yeti.

The program's pretty entertaining in general, but Josh never finds anything he's looking for.
Thats not a coincidence either!

Old 09-03-2019, 01:35 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats not a coincidence either!
His prior program, "Destination Truth", was the same way, but leaned a lot more toward the paranormal. But he never, ever found anything. However ... he's a good host and if nothing else, it's a good travel show with some great scenery shots. And he's a likable guy.

About the only one of the many shows the Discovery Family has had that's actually found anything, seemingly in real time of the filming, was "Meteorite Men", and it was canceled because the two hosts got into a spat in real life (not on the show).

Old 09-03-2019, 02:49 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
His prior program, "Destination Truth", was the same way, but leaned a lot more toward the paranormal. But he never, ever found anything. However ... he's a good host and if nothing else, it's a good travel show with some great scenery shots. And he's a likable guy.

About the only one of the many shows the Discovery Family has had that's actually found anything, seemingly in real time of the filming, was "Meteorite Men", and it was canceled because the two hosts got into a spat in real life (not on the show).
I cannot stand him anymore. I just feel that he promotes himself too much at the same time not finding anything. But that's me!

One other show they had, which I wanted to see the next season, was Treasure Quest: Snake Island. However, I have watched so little TV lately, I would probably miss it if it did air. The last show they did they found coins but there was a hundred foot deep well that they would need to bring in special equipment to explore.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:56 PM

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
I've read about yeti skins being dragged out of storage for foreigners, only to be proven to be polar bear hides that made it through the trade network to Nepal or north India.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:28 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:

All of those shows are scripted and written, to entertain, even if they did discover literal proof of something they were investigating, I presume they would stand aside and allow the scientific world to confirm it, and then to announce to the public (if that is to happen).

Old 09-22-2019, 01:11 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
I read online that many attempts were made to discredit the Patterson-Gimlin film of Bigfoot but it was never conclusively proven to be a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal