U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 07:47 AM

3,825 posts, read 9,368,039 times

Advertisements

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I recently watched The Secret and have been reading those related books along with the Law of Attraction. Can anyone suggest some similar books/material?

I'd also love to learn about the law of attraction as it relates to biblical teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 09:04 AM

2,783 posts, read 1,763,383 times
You might enjoy The Collected Works of Florence Scovel Shinn. She talks about the Bible a lot in her writings.

Other books I recommend are You'll See It When You Believe It by Wayne Dyer, Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain, Outrageous Openness by Tosha Silver, and Lessons in Truth by H. Emilie Cady.

My main recommendation for working with the Law of Attraction is to find one book with which you resonate, and work your way through the book, doing all the exercises and really letting it sink in, before going on to another. A lot of people get caught up in reading one book after another, trying to find the "best" way, and they miss the point, which is that it's easy, but you have to actually do it to get the benefits.

Old 09-15-2019, 11:51 AM

3,825 posts, read 9,368,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
You might enjoy The Collected Works of Florence Scovel Shinn. She talks about the Bible a lot in her writings.

Other books I recommend are You'll See It When You Believe It by Wayne Dyer, Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain, Outrageous Openness by Tosha Silver, and Lessons in Truth by H. Emilie Cady.

My main recommendation for working with the Law of Attraction is to find one book with which you resonate, and work your way through the book, doing all the exercises and really letting it sink in, before going on to another. A lot of people get caught up in reading one book after another, trying to find the "best" way, and they miss the point, which is that it's easy, but you have to actually do it to get the benefits.
Oh my gosh, I actually read Creative Visualization years ago and had forgotten the title and author. Can't wait to re-read it. Thank you!!

Thanks for the other suggestions, too.

Old Today, 05:37 AM

291 posts, read 53,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post

I'd also love to learn about the law of attraction as it relates to biblical teaching.

Look into Neville Goddard's books -- you can find many of his writings online for free. He writes about the Imagination being God (which I agree with) and he teaches that the Bible shows us how to use the imagination and your I AM. He has a whole different way of seeing the Bible. I am not so interested in those parts of his writings but you might enjoy them. He is one of the earlier authors on what we now call LOA. He's mentioned by a number of newer authors as having influenced them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or