U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2019, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Maine
16,831 posts, read 21,054,117 times
Reputation: 19508

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Joe seemed eager to make fun of and discredit Dan. It was odd. At the very least humor the man, appreciate his gift of vodka, pay respect to the legend.
You might like this better:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVCd50LXPGY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2019, 09:19 AM
 
1,104 posts, read 784,288 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IDK...people seeing strange craft and airships were going on long before the atom bomb came about, read thru some of the late 1800s, early 1900s sightings, some of them are incredible, especially considering, there shouldnt have been many types of aircraft (if any) at some of those times.
It HAS been going on for a long time. I believe they take whatever form/shape they want that is why they look like blimps 120 years ago and today stealth craft. Sightings have sky rocketed since the first atomic blast however. The base near Roswell was the first and at the time, only nuclear base in the world.
There are also many stories about our ICBMs getting shutdown as well that the military couldn't explain after seeing UFOs over the base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2019, 05:39 PM
 
108 posts, read 30,425 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Joe seemed eager to make fun of and discredit Dan. It was odd. At the very least humor the man, appreciate his gift of vodka, pay respect to the legend.
For the most part Joe is a bully and very disrespectful to many of his guests. He has 3 basic shows.

1 Bully A-Hole
2 Commercial for his friends and himself
3 Then the rare great show that he shuts up and lets an expert actually talk.

I watch most of them and just hope it is a act to get viewers. Plus I find his act on the show hilarious, his stand up is horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM
 
11,458 posts, read 3,011,124 times
Reputation: 7678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
It HAS been going on for a long time. I believe they take whatever form/shape they want that is why they look like blimps 120 years ago and today stealth craft. Sightings have sky rocketed since the first atomic blast however. The base near Roswell was the first and at the time, only nuclear base in the world.
There are also many stories about our ICBMs getting shutdown as well that the military couldn't explain after seeing UFOs over the base.
I read a good piece about that awhile back, I wish I had saved it. It talked about some of the commonalities relating to UFos and aliens back in the 1940s, 50s, compared to modern times. One example was, when humans claimed to have spoken to aliens, they would always say they were from Venus or Mars (but now that mankind can look at Venus and Mars and learn that they do NOT live there), now, when you hear about aliens speaking about their home worlds, its some far off planet or galaxy, or even another dimension (in other words, places mankind cannot verify their claims)...that was pretty interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
 
Location: NYC
13,402 posts, read 9,080,564 times
Reputation: 14803
If you live near a missile installation or nuclear site you have a higher change of seeing UFOs. They are definitely out there and they are monitoring our nuclear weapon sites. They already been reports by workers in the past while they were doing drills that their systems been turned on and off. The operators lost complete control of the missile silos and they were set to launch and then suddenly turned off.

Hiroshima was not the first nuclear detonation ever, there has been nuclear detonation thousands of years ago on earth. The question is, who dropped them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,122 posts, read 3,311,252 times
Reputation: 2897
Quote:
but now that mankind can look at Venus and Mars and learn that they do NOT live there)
I disagree with you. I think they DO live there, but not every ET race which visits Earth come from Mars or Venus. Maybe some do but there are fewer of them - who knows, but as a result of our robot presence on Mars, I am absolutely sure there are beings living on Mars at least.

Have you considered it could be a different lot of aliens. This lot have driven the old lot off, or the old lot have moved on to another place. I mean, it is unlikely that the type of alien will stay the same for centuries, it is just as likely they will change shifts. But...this is all speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:37 AM
 
682 posts, read 595,461 times
Reputation: 800
While culture south of the U.S. border
is emphasized by the media (hyped to
the max by Trump in a negative way)
there seems to be hardly any attention
paid to the culture of the northern
neighbor Canada. Indeed, you would be
hard pressed to identify a Canadian on
the streets of Manhattan unless they were
wearing "I Love Alberta" on their jacket.
Think of Dan Aykroyd as a Canadian
personified. I admire his courage to be
himself and maintain his personal
beliefs in the face of skepticism and rebuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:07 AM
 
11,458 posts, read 3,011,124 times
Reputation: 7678
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I disagree with you. I think they DO live there, but not every ET race which visits Earth come from Mars or Venus. Maybe some do but there are fewer of them - who knows, but as a result of our robot presence on Mars, I am absolutely sure there are beings living on Mars at least.

Have you considered it could be a different lot of aliens. This lot have driven the old lot off, or the old lot have moved on to another place. I mean, it is unlikely that the type of alien will stay the same for centuries, it is just as likely they will change shifts. But...this is all speculation.
I guess they could be underground on Venus or Mars, but I agree there are different types of aliens here, from time to time, it may sound bizarre, but besides the typical 'gray' alien we always hear about, another type that is mentioned frequently is the type that look like insects, there are MANY reports of these types, going back years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top