U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2019, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Olympia area (for now)
1,614 posts, read 601,205 times
Reputation: 3321

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Physicist Michio Kaku thinks there are only two possibilities: they're either experimental hypersonic drone test flights (he says Russia, the U.S., and China are all working on these), or products of an advanced extraterrestrial technology.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/a-turning...090005631.html
Yes, I saw that. I’ve always liked Professor Kaku, he’s been a regular on Coast for many years. He is intelligent and thinks outside the box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2019, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,851 posts, read 3,827,073 times
Reputation: 9004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its possible but highly unlikely imo, if either country had THAT kind of technology (especially China considering their economy now), they would using it to their advantage or trying to sell it, or both!
Or it's so early in the development stage that it's not ready for practical use. I agree though, it's probably unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2019, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,723 posts, read 4,567,949 times
Reputation: 1555
I think its shocking that the Navy would come forward and say they are unidentifed and basically they don't know what the hell they are, and why they are flying over our military bases and they can't do anything to stop them. For over 50 years the government has either not commented on them or they would say they are weather balloons, natural phenomena or some crap like that. What makes these videos different is that they were recorded by Navy pilots and tracked on radar. Two things we do know is that the objects were physical objects and that they were intelligently controlled.

With the U.S. government saying they aren't ours there are ONLY two possible theories.

1. Some foreign power has leaped frogged over the United States with revolutionary breakthroughs in technology

2. These intelligently controlled objects are extraterrestrial.

It's very doubtful that they are from foreign powers because for one it they were the U.S. government would not have commented on it. Also these objects are performing maneuvers that defy known laws physics and are flying at speeds and making turns that would kill the occupants based on our known laws of physics. The technology is thousands of years of ahead of our technology so its doubtful they are from foreign powers. Plus the government would know if they were. There were no flight signatures and no evidence of an engine powering these craft. This is far beyond human capabilities.

That only leaves one theory. They are extraterrestrial. Its interesting because these encounters are recorded in the Holy Bible. The prophet Ezekiel describes glowing metal wheels in the sky and said that he saw four creatures with the form of human in the wheels. Ezekiel also described the flight characteristics of the wheels. He said they moved back and forth like flashes of lightning which is the exact flight characteristics of modern UFOs. Ezekiel's description in the Bible was straight forward and detailed so you can't interpret it as anything other than an extraterrestrial encounter.

These things are real. But the real questions are why are they here and why are they keeping their existence here on Earth away from the general public? That should scare the hell out of us and is probably one of the reasons the U.S. government has covered this up for decades. But something has changed and it appears the government is gradually trying to tell the public that they are real.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 09-22-2019 at 06:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2019, 10:02 AM
 
11,496 posts, read 3,028,477 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I think its shocking that the Navy would come forward and say they are unidentifed and basically they don't know what the hell they are, and why they are flying over our military bases and they can't do anything to stop them. For over 50 years the government has either not commented on them or they would say they are weather balloons, natural phenomena or some crap like that. What makes these videos different is that they were recorded by Navy pilots and tracked on radar. Two things we do know is that the objects were physical objects and that they were intelligently controlled.

With the U.S. government saying they aren't ours there are ONLY two possible theories.

1. Some foreign power has leaped frogged over the United States with revolutionary breakthroughs in technology

2. These intelligently controlled objects are extraterrestrial.

It's very doubtful that they are from foreign powers because for one it they were the U.S. government would not have commented on it. Also these objects are performing maneuvers that defy known laws physics and are flying at speeds and making turns that would kill the occupants based on our known laws of physics. The technology is thousands of years of ahead of our technology so its doubtful they are from foreign powers. Plus the government would know if they were. There were no flight signatures and no evidence of an engine powering these craft. This is far beyond human capabilities.

That only leaves one theory. They are extraterrestrial. Its interesting because these encounters are recorded in the Holy Bible. The prophet Ezekiel describes glowing metal wheels in the sky and said that he saw four creatures with the form of human in the wheels. Ezekiel also described the flight characteristics of the wheels. He said they moved back and forth like flashes of lightning which is the exact flight characteristics of modern UFOs. Ezekiel's description in the Bible was straight forward and detailed so you can't interpret it as anything other than an extraterrestrial encounter.

These things are real. But the real questions are why are they here and why are they keeping their existence here on Earth away from the general public? That should scare the hell out of us and is probably one of the reasons the U.S. government has covered this up for decades. But something has changed and it appears the government is gradually trying to tell the public that they are real.
Yes, I was also surprised when the Navy came out and admitted these videos were never meant to be seen by the public, when they could have taken the normal route and claimed they were 'experimental' or even flares! LOL


It seems like they are actually encouraging people to believe these are extraterrestrial (they could very easily claim they are experimental and that would be the end of it...but they didnt????) Very strange indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2019, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,851 posts, read 3,827,073 times
Reputation: 9004
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Its interesting because these encounters are recorded in the Holy Bible. The prophet Ezekiel describes glowing metal wheels in the sky and said that he saw four creatures with the form of human in the wheels. Ezekiel also described the flight characteristics of the wheels. He said they moved back and forth like flashes of lightning which is the exact flight characteristics of modern UFOs. Ezekiel's description in the Bible was straight forward and detailed so you can't interpret it as anything other than an extraterrestrial encounter.
From Ezekiel 37:

Quote:
...Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ ”


So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them. ...


Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. ...
The valley of dry bones represents the people of Israel in the living death of exile. You have to interpret the vision in these terms. The meaning of the passage appears to be twofold: the people languishing in exile will be restored, and all humankind will be restored in the general resurrection at the end of time. You have to understand the vision of the chariot of God in the same way: as a mystical experience, a message from God in symbolic form. The Valley of Dry Bones is a metaphor; so is the Chariot.

Ditto with the weird visions in the Apocalypse of John. They're intended to be understood symbolically, not as representations of a literal reality. We know this because there was a tradition of prophetic visions and dreams in Israel and surrounding cultures -- and the Apocalypse was a genre popular in intertestamental times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2019, 01:09 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
5,184 posts, read 3,534,268 times
Reputation: 8409
Attached Thumbnails
Navy Confirms UFO Sightings-jetsons.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2019, 11:38 PM
 
11,496 posts, read 3,028,477 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
From Ezekiel 37:



The valley of dry bones represents the people of Israel in the living death of exile. You have to interpret the vision in these terms. The meaning of the passage appears to be twofold: the people languishing in exile will be restored, and all humankind will be restored in the general resurrection at the end of time. You have to understand the vision of the chariot of God in the same way: as a mystical experience, a message from God in symbolic form. The Valley of Dry Bones is a metaphor; so is the Chariot.

Ditto with the weird visions in the Apocalypse of John. They're intended to be understood symbolically, not as representations of a literal reality. We know this because there was a tradition of prophetic visions and dreams in Israel and surrounding cultures -- and the Apocalypse was a genre popular in intertestamental times.
If its meant to be symbolic, why do they go into such detail describing the physical aspects and sometimes, even the dimensions?


Besides that, its a little too coincidental, that these things they were describing, pretty much, match up perfectly with what people are seeing today!! How do you explain that? Just coincidence? LOL VERY VERY unlikely a 'symbolic or metaphorical description' in the bible for something, would be such perfect match to a real and tangible craft, I cannot think of a single other example where something like this even comes close...If you can, ID love to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Maine
16,855 posts, read 21,070,070 times
Reputation: 19537
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If its meant to be symbolic, why do they go into such detail describing the physical aspects and sometimes, even the dimensions?
Because that is the nature of Apocalyptic Literature, not just in the Bible (Ezekiel, Daniel, Revelation), but in other cultures of the time as well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Besides that, its a little too coincidental, that these things they were describing, pretty much, match up perfectly with what people are seeing today!! How do you explain that?
You're seeing something that isn't there.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ezekiel%27s_wheel

If you're going to cite Ezekiel's vision of wheels as "proof of UFOs," then you're going to have to cite several other passages of "proof of kaiju."

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority." - Revelation 13:1-2

"And four great beasts came up out of the sea, different from one another. The first was like a lion and had eagles' wings. Then as I looked its wings were plucked off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man, and the mind of a man was given to it. And behold, another beast, a second one, like a bear. It was raised up on one side. It had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth; and it was told, ‘Arise, devour much flesh.'" - Daniel 7:1-28

"As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot. And they sparkled like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: their wings touched one another. Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went. As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. Such were their faces." Ezekiel 1:5-11


And look! Vampires!

"There are those whose teeth are swords, whose fangs are knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, the needy from among mankind." - Proverbs 30:14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 06:42 AM
 
1,108 posts, read 785,493 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I think its shocking that the Navy would come forward and say they are unidentifed and basically they don't know what the hell they are, and why they are flying over our military bases and they can't do anything to stop them. For over 50 years the government has either not commented on them or they would say they are weather balloons, natural phenomena or some crap like that. What makes these videos different is that they were recorded by Navy pilots and tracked on radar. Two things we do know is that the objects were physical objects and that they were intelligently controlled.

With the U.S. government saying they aren't ours there are ONLY two possible theories.

1. Some foreign power has leaped frogged over the United States with revolutionary breakthroughs in technology

2. These intelligently controlled objects are extraterrestrial.

It's very doubtful that they are from foreign powers because for one it they were the U.S. government would not have commented on it. Also these objects are performing maneuvers that defy known laws physics and are flying at speeds and making turns that would kill the occupants based on our known laws of physics. The technology is thousands of years of ahead of our technology so its doubtful they are from foreign powers. Plus the government would know if they were. There were no flight signatures and no evidence of an engine powering these craft. This is far beyond human capabilities.

That only leaves one theory. They are extraterrestrial. Its interesting because these encounters are recorded in the Holy Bible. The prophet Ezekiel describes glowing metal wheels in the sky and said that he saw four creatures with the form of human in the wheels. Ezekiel also described the flight characteristics of the wheels. He said they moved back and forth like flashes of lightning which is the exact flight characteristics of modern UFOs. Ezekiel's description in the Bible was straight forward and detailed so you can't interpret it as anything other than an extraterrestrial encounter.

These things are real. But the real questions are why are they here and why are they keeping their existence here on Earth away from the general public? That should scare the hell out of us and is probably one of the reasons the U.S. government has covered this up for decades. But something has changed and it appears the government is gradually trying to tell the public that they are real.
I believe what they found out....it is all about our souls....is too scary to tell the public. They will probably leak bits like this to raise awareness but I believe basically these things are angels and we are very important to somebody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2019, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,851 posts, read 3,827,073 times
Reputation: 9004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If its meant to be symbolic, why do they go into such detail describing the physical aspects and sometimes, even the dimensions?
As Mark S., points out, those kind of details are characteristic of the apocalyptic genre.

Quote:
Besides that, its a little too coincidental, that these things they were describing, pretty much, match up perfectly with what people are seeing today!! How do you explain that? Just coincidence? LOL VERY VERY unlikely a 'symbolic or metaphorical description' in the bible for something, would be such perfect match to a real and tangible craft, I cannot think of a single other example where something like this even comes close...If you can, ID love to hear it.
Quote:
As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: ..."
The only part of the description of Yahweh's Chariot that bears any resemblance to UFO reports is what I've highlighted. None of the rest resembles any UFO reports I've read in the least. As Mark S., says, to see UFOs in this passage is reading our own modern preconceptions into an ancient text (something the Ancient Aliens "theologians" are fond of doing). Regarding the meaning of the passage: it's about Ezekiel's vision of the glory of God - a visitation of the divine, not of alien technology.

Quote:
Although the text is careful to put a couple of awkward, nominal barriers between itself and a clear statement of Ezekiel’s vision, it is evident that Ezekiel is presented as having had a vision of the divine or of the divine glory (kābôd YHWH) in human form. In and of itself, this is not a unique occurrence in biblical literature, where God is manifest in human form on a number of occasions (e.g., Genesis 18; 1 Kings 22:19; Isaiah 6).[25] While it could be assumed that the kābôd is a separate entity from God, it is more likely that the kābôd is the aura of light surrounding the deity—as it surrounds many other deities throughout the ancient Near East and beyond—and that the kābôd is the visible manifestation of God and not a separate being.[26]
Source: https://www.thetorah.com/article/eze...nd-the-chariot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top