U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 11:00 AM

11,523 posts, read 3,032,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Because that is the nature of Apocalyptic Literature, not just in the Bible (Ezekiel, Daniel, Revelation), but in other cultures of the time as well.

You're seeing something that isn't there.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ezekiel%27s_wheel

If you're going to cite Ezekiel's vision of wheels as "proof of UFOs," then you're going to have to cite several other passages of "proof of kaiju."

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority." - Revelation 13:1-2

"And four great beasts came up out of the sea, different from one another. The first was like a lion and had eagles' wings. Then as I looked its wings were plucked off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man, and the mind of a man was given to it. And behold, another beast, a second one, like a bear. It was raised up on one side. It had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth; and it was told, ‘Arise, devour much flesh.'" - Daniel 7:1-28

"As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot. And they sparkled like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: their wings touched one another. Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went. As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. Such were their faces." Ezekiel 1:5-11

And look! Vampires!

"There are those whose teeth are swords, whose fangs are knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, the needy from among mankind." - Proverbs 30:14
When was the last time you read a report from someone alleging to see a 10 horned beast come out of the ocean?! Ive never seen one LOL

All those verses you mentioned....there is not a SINGLE one where the literal description is actually happening or being seen though!!! When it comes to these 'UFOs/strange craft in the sky'...the LITERAL object is being seen!(that matches the supposed symbolic description to a T)

So, in that way, you have proven me right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 11:17 AM

16,860 posts, read 21,077,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When was the last time you read a report from someone alleging to see a 10 horned beast come out of the ocean?! Ive never seen one LOL

All those verses you mentioned....there is not a SINGLE one where the literal description is actually happening or being seen though!!! When it comes to these 'UFOs/strange craft in the sky'...the LITERAL object is being seen!(that matches the supposed symbolic description to a T)
LITERAL has nothing to do with Apocalyptic Literature. What you're proposing is like using Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" to predict the weather.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:10 PM

4,854 posts, read 3,829,104 times
Quote:
You're focusing on the portions of Ezekiel 1-2 that fit in with your belief that Yahweh's Chariot is a UFO, and ignoring the rest of it. In the Protestant world, that's called "proof texting". Please explain how the following details have anything to do with UFOs:

Quote:
5 ... Also from within it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had the likeness of a man. 6 Each one had four faces, and each one had four wings. 7 Their [c]legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the soles of calves’ feet. ... 8 The hands of a man were under their wings on their four sides; and each of the four had faces and wings. 9 Their wings touched one another. ...

10 As for the likeness of their faces, each had the face of a man; each of the four had the face of a lion on the right side, each of the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and each of the four had the face of an eagle. 11 Thus were their faces. Their wings stretched upward; two wings of each one touched one another, and two covered their bodies. ...

26 And above the firmament ... on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it. ...

2 And He said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you.” 2 Then the Spirit entered me when He spoke to me, and set me on my feet; and I heard Him who spoke to me. 3 And He said to me: “Son of man, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day. 4 For they are [a]impudent and stubborn children. I am sending you to them, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God.’ 5 As for them, whether they hear or whether they refuse—for they are a rebellious house—yet they will know that a prophet has been among them...
When you strip out the superficial details that you're associating with UFOs, the rest doesn't bear any resemblance to UFO reports. None that I can see, in any case.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:38 PM

12,090 posts, read 20,658,888 times
Aaaand! This is not the religion forum. Quoting biblical texts and fighting over it is NOT appropriate.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:51 PM

3,855 posts, read 1,915,216 times
There's a small book called "Spaceships of Ezekial" by Josef Blumrich, written in the mid-1970s, in which he analyzes the visions of Ezekial. Blumrich was an employee of NASA in Huntsville at the time.

Anybody read it or familiar with it? I have it, but it's been so long since I've read it that I really can't remember much about his conclusions, other than that he believes it was a UFO sighting.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:22 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,571,431 times
Quote:
If its meant to be symbolic, why do they go into such detail describing the physical aspects and sometimes, even the dimensions?

Besides that, its a little too coincidental, that these things they were describing, pretty much, match up perfectly with what people are seeing today!! How do you explain that? Just coincidence? LOL VERY VERY unlikely a 'symbolic or metaphorical description' in the bible for something, would be such perfect match to a real and tangible craft, I cannot think of a single other example where something like this even comes close...If you can, ID love to hear it.

I agree

Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You're focusing on the portions of Ezekiel 1-2 that fit in with your belief that Yahweh's Chariot is a UFO, and ignoring the rest of it. In the Protestant world, that's called "proof texting". Please explain how the following details have anything to do with UFOs:

When you strip out the superficial details that you're associating with UFOs, the rest doesn't bear any resemblance to UFO reports. None that I can see, in any case.
The reason I focused more on the behavior of the craft in the sky, was because landings and occupants coming out of the craft is extremely rare today...We have no idea what the occupants may look like.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Aaaand! This is not the religion forum. Quoting biblical texts and fighting over it is NOT appropriate.
This happens a lot when this topic comes up, I think its because the modern descriptions of these vehicles, so closely matched some biblical verses...and for all we know, the two may be related in some way, but to respect the CD rules, I will avoid merging religion into these topics.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:18 AM

16,860 posts, read 21,077,871 times
Quote:
... so closely matched some biblical verses...and for all we know, the two may be related in some way, but to respect the CD rules, I will avoid merging religion into these topics.
If those are indeed the rules, then with all due respect: The rules are stupid.

Topics often intersect. Science and religion and unexplained mysteries can and often do intersect. If someone disgusts a cryptid sighting in Maine, are they in violation of the The Rules for not posting in the Maine forum? If someone mentions a UFO sighting in Canada, are they rulebreaking by not posting in the Canada forum? If someone is in love with Bigfoot, most they get thee hence to the Relationships forum? If the only topic allowed in a discussion about UFOs is strictly restricted to UFOs, then all discussions here are just navel-gazing. For that matter, the Navy is mentioned a lot in this discussion. Are we in violation for not posting in the Military Life and Issues forum?

No one is arguing religion here. They are arguing about the (supposed) reference to UFOs in the Bible. They are quoting passages to back up or refute the claim. If that is a violation of The Rules, then the rules are moronic.

That said ... I see nothing in The Rules banning the mention of religion. New Forum Guidelines -- please read

Old 09-24-2019, 07:28 AM

14,663 posts, read 8,117,155 times
Two clues from the video are intriguing to me. One was the nondisclosure agreements and the fact that the "men in black" were there shortly after the encounter. That leads me to believe that they knew their experimental aircraft was being watched, and it would be a threat to national security if that information leaked. Confiscating the recordings of the aircraft would be imperative. What we are left with is grainy footage, and quite possibly a planted story. A red herring if you will about how extraterrestrial the craft appeared to be. I'm convinced that they are in fact just experimental technology. I remember the UFO's that resembled the stealth fighters. They did look alien, but they certainly were not.

As a teenager, I saw a UFO hoovering above my friends house. It was round, had little windows like you would see in an airplane, and had red and white lights rotating around the craft. It flew off in seconds and made a humming sound. What are the odds that something alien would resemble the lights and windows on our aircraft? I'm convinced that what we saw was an experimental craft.

I'm sure drones are evolving to maneuver in ways that a pilot could not. They've already revolutionized war and it's amazing that a pilot is safely behind the controls miles away during a drone strike. Imagine what the future holds with advanced drones that can turn on a dime and penetrate water to destroy a nuclear sub. I'd want to keep that under wraps if I owned it and I'm sure our military does as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal