U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 05:00 PM

10,662 posts, read 13,368,635 times

Advertisements

Its a weird story. Does have a glitch in the matrix feel. There have been other reports of portals in the past. Like at Skinwalker Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 08:40 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,981,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Its a weird story. Does have a glitch in the matrix feel. There have been other reports of portals in the past. Like at Skinwalker Ranch.
Yes, I travel through a glitch in the matrix to visit my dead kitties and dead mom, all of whom I miss very much ...

Oh wait, no I don't, because there is no matrix.

Sorry, guys, but do you ever ask yourself, What is a REASONABLE explanation for whatever I am reading about -- before immediately going to a paranormal or supernatural explanation? That's what I don't get ... that susceptible people go right away to some strange, weird "explanation" that makes no sense at all -- instead of looking for a rational explanation first. Or does rationality not exist in your worldview? (I am NOT being snarky -- that's a real question. For example, I know some really religious people who would basically say "Oh my gosh, it's GOD!" for just about EVERYTHING, because that is their worldview. Not even an ATTEMPT to be rational, because it's more fun to believe in the supernatural "explanation.")

Old 09-21-2019, 09:10 PM

3,150 posts, read 3,328,873 times
Quote:
Sorry, guys, but do you ever ask yourself, What is a REASONABLE explanation for whatever I am reading about -- before immediately going to a paranormal or supernatural explanation? That's what I don't get ... that susceptible people go right away to some strange, weird "explanation" that makes no sense at all -- instead of looking for a rational explanation first. Or does rationality not exist in your worldview? (I am NOT being snarky -- that's a real question. For example, I know some really religious people who would basically say "Oh my gosh, it's GOD!" for just about EVERYTHING, because that is their worldview. Not even an ATTEMPT to be rational, because it's more fun to believe in the supernatural "explanation.")
So...if you pride yourself on being so rational, what is YOUR REASONABLE explanation for this.

However, this is not the science forum, so speculation here is fun for us. If you dont like that, then I suggest you mosey on over there instead.

================

Often people are quick to criticise, but very slow to offer an explanation of their own. Except for "Oh, it is unexplained". Yes, we know it might be unexplained, but science has a thing called a hypothesis which is a "best-guess" and which can be tested for validity. It is the fear of being wrong which prevents many from stepping out and making a 'best-guess' as to what this might, possibly be.

Taking ALL the reported accounts by witnesses of UFOs, USOs, and other strange things, I feel it is likely there are visitors from other places coming here. Not all accounts will be this explanation, but some are likely to be because we have so many. You can either be stuck in the science frame-of-mind or you can open up to another wider frame of reference where the Universe is not as rigid as you have been led to believe by your training.

Our knowledge of our surroundings is incomplete and only arrogance can make us believe we know how things should be at this point in our human evolution.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:15 PM

688 posts, read 384,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So...if you pride yourself on being so rational, what is YOUR REASONABLE explanation for this.

However, this is not the science forum, so speculation here is fun for us. If you dont like that, then I suggest you mosey on over there instead.

================

Often people are quick to criticise, but very slow to offer an explanation of their own. Except for "Oh, it is unexplained". Yes, we know it might be unexplained, but science has a thing called a hypothesis which is a "best-guess" and which can be tested for validity. It is the fear of being wrong which prevents many from stepping out and making a 'best-guess' as to what this might, possibly be.

Taking ALL the reported accounts by witnesses of UFOs, USOs, and other strange things, I feel it is likely there are visitors from other places coming here. Not all accounts will be this explanation, but some are likely to be because we have so many. You can either be stuck in the science frame-of-mind or you can open up to another wider frame of reference where the Universe is not as rigid as you have been led to believe by your training.

Our knowledge of our surroundings is incomplete and only arrogance can make us believe we know how things should be at this point in our human evolution.
Well said. Thank you!

-

Old 09-22-2019, 01:11 AM

692 posts, read 599,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
He said it did move, it went around the corner of the building, where he tried to follow it, but it was gone.

I think I would have tried to throw something into/ at the object, (like the hose, or a rock) see if it passes thru it or vanishes, or...? Seriously though, I would probably be scared out of mind if I saw this and was that close to it, if it had moved toward him, he may have found himself 'somewhere else', with no way of getting back home!
Whatever the engineer saw displayed a high
intelligence. It was able to make an attempt
to move out of the engineer's visual field
before vanishing. I would have been extremely
cautious of it.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:52 AM

11,625 posts, read 3,072,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Whatever the engineer saw displayed a high
intelligence. It was able to make an attempt
to move out of the engineer's visual field
before vanishing. I would have been extremely
cautious of it.
You have to wonder what it was open and there for, in the first place though! Id rather know its intended purpose, versus knowing about its intelligence level...He is probably lucky it didnt move toward him...if that had happened, I think we would be hearing about a missing person case.

The only 'semi rational' explanation I can come up with, is it may have been something that pops up, when people die, and its thru this thing, that they go on to the next life/afterlife, and he just saw it by accident, but that really doesnt seem to apply, as he didnt mention any deaths.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:51 AM

162 posts, read 73,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Yes, I travel through a glitch in the matrix to visit my dead kitties and dead mom, all of whom I miss very much ...

Oh wait, no I don't, because there is no matrix.

Skepticism, unless unrelenting and all inclusive, is merely prejudice in disguise.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:53 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,503,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Again View Post
Skepticism, unless unrelenting and all inclusive, is merely prejudice in disguise.
This is so well said that I must remember it so that I may say it one day too. Thank you.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:20 AM

3,149 posts, read 3,586,704 times
I follow MUFON sighting reports and have run across reports of flat back rectangles hovering in the sky. Seems similar.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:26 AM

12,599 posts, read 18,745,273 times
Looks like the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey.
I am a skeptic, picture looks fake as it seems to be more clear and in focus then the background picture, as if it was cut and pasted on, or the resolution isn't quite matching. However, it's such a strange story from the usual UFO that it bears some attention due to it being so unique.

EDIT - Ok I see what he did, the guy recreated an image of what he saw. It's not an actual picture of the object.
I agree with prior conclusion that this is describing the visual/sensory impacts brought on as the result of migraine headaches - defined as "Migraine Aura".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal