U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 09:30 AM

11,651 posts, read 3,087,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I've never had them so I have to take your word for it. But still it fits the description and if you go into youtube or search in images there it has some examples of what one may see. From the examples I see the main difference is he describes a well defined edge (although he is somewhat inconsistent as he then says there is waviness along the edge) and it's more black.
From many of the examples, it's definitely going to weird someone out that has not experienced it before. It does indeed look like a portal through space.
Now, this looks more like something one would see if it was the result of a migraine headache.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 10:11 AM

12,612 posts, read 18,759,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That doesnt look anything close to what the guy was describing, he said it had very sharp, defined edges, and it only moved at one point, it was stationary for most of the encounter, even though he was moving around.

Plus, he said he could see what looked like stars or bright lights WITHIN the 'object'
Yeah I pointed that out, and but there was some inconsistency as he reported sharp edges but "view of the world adjacent to the edge was somewhat wavy...".
It appeared to move as it floats with your vision, as it does on the GIF.
He didn't really describe stars in the object, but more like "there were a few sparkles of light in the lower right hand corner, similar to stars but bluer in color", again fitting the description of sparkles that occur with migraine aura. Remember his vision occurred over a period of seconds only, he is also not going to be perfect in his recollection.

Guys, I don't want to be a killjoy on this "phenomena", I am just trying to explain the most likely reason, as an investigator, including (and in particular) one who believes in paranormal or extraterrestrial occurrences should do as part of due diligence. For me it's EXPLAINED/CASE CLOSED.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:04 PM

19,781 posts, read 17,833,939 times
My initial thought was that if he saw something it may have been a drone of some kind that was utilizing a kind of invisibility cloaking technology to conceal its presence. They have that now. It wouldn't be perfect depending on the angle of someone viewing it. Video of whats behind the object is projected in front of it making it appear invisible. If there was any kind of technical malfunction, the projection may have appeared to be black empty space. Maybe he's being spied on as part of a background check for security purposes. Next time put a bullet into it.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah I pointed that out, and but there was some inconsistency as he reported sharp edges but "view of the world adjacent to the edge was somewhat wavy...".
It appeared to move as it floats with your vision, as it does on the GIF.
He didn't really describe stars in the object, but more like "there were a few sparkles of light in the lower right hand corner, similar to stars but bluer in color", again fitting the description of sparkles that occur with migraine aura. Remember his vision occurred over a period of seconds only, he is also not going to be perfect in his recollection.

Guys, I don't want to be a killjoy on this "phenomena", I am just trying to explain the most likely reason, as an investigator, including (and in particular) one who believes in paranormal or extraterrestrial occurrences should do as part of due diligence. For me it's EXPLAINED/CASE CLOSED.
OK, lets try this, has there be ANY other person, who has reported something similar, that was due to a migraine headache (but they felt it was something 'abnormal/supernatural/extraterrestrial/etc'), strongly enough that they reported it on a UFO sighting site anyway? Ive never read ANY other 'sightings' like this one...if something like this can happen with migraines, Id think we would be seeing more of these types of reports, at least some.

I have heard people with migraines describe really bad ones, where they see black spots and other such things, but nothing like what the guy is reporting here.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:14 AM

14,792 posts, read 12,089,428 times
Quote:
OK, lets try this, has there be ANY other person, who has reported something similar, that was due to a migraine headache (but they felt it was something 'abnormal/supernatural/extraterrestrial/etc'), strongly enough that they reported it on a UFO sighting site anyway? Ive never read ANY other 'sightings' like this one...if something like this can happen with migraines, Id think we would be seeing more of these types of reports, at least some.

I have heard people with migraines describe really bad ones, where they see black spots and other such things, but nothing like what the guy is reporting here.
The guy never reported it. You read a report where a reporter, that has an vested interest in UFO's, wrote the story. You never and we never talked directly to the individual that supposedly saw this 'weird rectangular object'. The writer of the article used terms like: "he seemed" or "We suspect" - these are not absolute terms or do they offer any evidence that this is a true sighting and not just another hoax or misidentification of a natural medical condition.

You're always looking for proof; but you want others to follow or prove your points. Why don't you contact that NUFORC site and see if you can give you additional information. It would be great to know who made the report, their age, profession, physical and mental evaluation, and if they have any evidence to back up their claim. You don't believe most of what our government says; but you're so willing to believe others that earn their money from making absurd claims like this one.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:47 AM

4,877 posts, read 3,852,377 times
Quote:
I started having symptoms similar to what the person reported a few years ago: loss of vision in an area that moves around, flickering at the edges of the blind spot that resembles rippling water. No headache associated with the symptoms. Comes on suddenly and goes away in a half hour or so. Went to an opthalmologist for the symptoms, he did a retinal scan and said there was nothing wrong. Didn't know about ocular and visual migraines until I read this thread and started reading about them. I cut out caffeine because it aggravates my atrial fibrillation and haven't had an episode since.

The only odd thing about the report is the claim that the area was perfectly rectangular and pitch black. Other than that, all the symptoms can be explained by an ocular or visual migraine - including the drift of the area to the right and its suddenly going away.

https://www.allaboutvision.com/condi...r-migraine.htm

Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The guy never reported it. You read a report where a reporter, that has an vested interest in UFO's, wrote the story. You never and we never talked directly to the individual that supposedly saw this 'weird rectangular object'. The writer of the article used terms like: "he seemed" or "We suspect" - these are not absolute terms or do they offer any evidence that this is a true sighting and not just another hoax or misidentification of a natural medical condition.

You're always looking for proof; but you want others to follow or prove your points. Why don't you contact that NUFORC site and see if you can give you additional information. It would be great to know who made the report, their age, profession, physical and mental evaluation, and if they have any evidence to back up their claim. You don't believe most of what our government says; but you're so willing to believe others that earn their money from making absurd claims like this one.
The guy that saw this in his backyard, was the one to contact NUFORC to report this incident, NUFORC contacted him to get more details, as they normally do with the more strange reports.

Im going to go to and find the original and post a link, here it is...
http://nuforc.org/webreports/148/S148793.html

It also mentions the guy is an engineer in the aviation industry.

Old 10-05-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
The guy that saw this in his backyard, was the one to contact NUFORC to report this incident, NUFORC contacted him to get more details, as they normally do with the more strange reports.

Im going to go to and find the original and post a link, here it is...
http://nuforc.org/webreports/148/S148793.html

It also mentions the guy is an engineer in the aviation industry.
Where in that article does it say the guy is an engineer in the aviation industry. Even if it did state that, which I do not see, it says it did a 'telephone interview' with the guy. It never that they met him or checked his identification; he could have been a ten year old kid with a vivid imagination and a deep voice! That is why I asked for more information on the source. You spent so much time on this one short story and we really know nothing about the man and even if we did it would still be second hand information.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 3,852,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Where in that article does it say the guy is an engineer in the aviation industry. Even if it did state that, which I do not see, it says it did a 'telephone interview' with the guy. It never that they met him or checked his identification; he could have been a ten year old kid with a vivid imagination and a deep voice! That is why I asked for more information on the source. You spent so much time on this one short story and we really know nothing about the man and even if we did it would still be second hand information.
There are three different sources cited by the OP. It appears some other source has doctored the NUFORC, and there is also a document purported to be from the witness (the section in italics). Of the three, the only one with known provenance is the NUFORC report.

The first paragraph dated Monday, July 15, 2019 is apparently from a news source describing the NUFORC report, and reads:

Quote:
(NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the witness, and we found him to be exceptionally eloquent and serious-minded. That fact, combined with his technical background as an experienced engineer, strongly suggests that he probably is an exceptionally skilled, and reliable, eyewitness. PD
The original NUFORC report reads:

Quote:
((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the source of this report, and he seemed to us to be quite serious-minded. We suspect that he is a superlative, and quite reliable, witness. PD))
It's pretty clear that whatever "news" source was quoting the NUFORC report has done some "creative editing" to boost the witness' credibility.

Last edited by Vasily; 10-05-2019 at 02:37 PM..

Old 10-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
There are three different sources cited by the OP. It appears some other source has doctored the NUFORC, and there is also a document purported to be from the witness (the section in italics). Of the three, the only one with known provenance is the NUFORC report.

The first paragraph dated Monday, July 15, 2019 is apparently from a news source describing the NUFORC report, and reads:

The original NUFORC report reads:

It's pretty clear that whatever "news" source was quoting the NUFORC report has done some "creative editing" to boost the witness' credibility.
Thank you! I have been to their website and I probably missed it or was confused when I have reread it several times. Regardless; there is still nothing there. They gave us nothing to really keep us going over day after day. It is still written like PT Barnum came back to life and helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal