U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 10:01 AM

11,651 posts, read 3,087,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Thank you! I have been to their website and I probably missed it or was confused when I have reread it several times. Regardless; there is still nothing there. They gave us nothing to really keep us going over day after day. It is still written like PT Barnum came back to life and helped.
Thats how all their reports come in, NUFORC has no idea if they are real or not, and they make a point to state that on their main home page, they remind readers that they are just posting reports they receive, if you go thru the reports, they have marked the ones they believe may be hoaxes, but overall, NONE of them can actually be verified and confirmed in the way you desire, MUFON does not even do that, they just accept reports...I could go to either site today and turn in a completely fake sighting, and they would be none the wiser.

When I read thru the reports, I go in expecting that 50% are probably either fake, mis-identifications, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 11:09 AM

4,877 posts, read 3,852,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
MUFON does not even do that, they just accept reports...I could go to either site today and turn in a completely fake sighting, and they would be none the wiser..
I don't think this is the case. MUFON has a field investigator certification and mentoring process - NUFORC just has a form where anyone can submit a report.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:11 AM

2,915 posts, read 4,314,147 times
I'm not surprised. If the universe can exist, so can a bunch of unexplained phenomena.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I don't think this is the case. MUFON has a field investigator certification and mentoring process - NUFORC just has a form where anyone can submit a report.
Yes, but MUFON doesnt have investigators go out on each and every report turned in, from what I understand, they only investigate the more interesting, bizarre reports, NUFORC basically just contacts people over the phone and they try to get a feel of the person, if they are being truthful, what their career is, background, etc. they usually post these reports on their main page (there are normally 2-3 of these type each month).

Old 10-07-2019, 12:52 PM

14,792 posts, read 12,089,428 times
Quote:
Thats how all their reports come in, NUFORC has no idea if they are real or not, and they make a point to state that on their main home page, they remind readers that they are just posting reports they receive, if you go thru the reports, they have marked the ones they believe may be hoaxes, but overall, NONE of them can actually be verified and confirmed in the way you desire, MUFON does not even do that, they just accept reports...I could go to either site today and turn in a completely fake sighting, and they would be none the wiser.

When I read thru the reports, I go in expecting that 50% are probably either fake, mis-identifications, etc.
So the question is: Why are we spending so much time on an unsubstantiated report?

Old 10-07-2019, 03:42 PM

3,892 posts, read 1,953,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
They do, but some of the television programs that have been on lately, and the MUFON representatives that participate in those programs, have caused me to lose respect for the organization. They seem to be more into sensationalism than actual investigation.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:56 PM

7,564 posts, read 2,741,348 times
Quote:
Yes, its very weird and disturbing, Plus the guy noticed some details inside the rectangle, the way he described it, it sounded like he was looking at outer space (stars).

I would think if some kind of migraine was involved, he would have mentioned that, and probably would have experienced something like this before, it also says he was looking at the ground as he walked (not looking at something intensely bright)

I dont think Ive ever seen a report like this, but it makes you wonder, some say this world we live in, is just a 'mirage' and not real at all, maybe he got a glimpse of a 'glitch in the matrix' (for lack of a better word! )lol

I had an optical migraine once. Woke up one morning, and couldn't see, at all, out of my right eye. No pain, but I couldn't see out of it at all.

I made an appointment with my eye doctor, and he said my eye looked fine, and that I probably had had an optical migraine.

While it was not the first time I'd had a migraine, or the last, it was the only time I ever had an optical migraine.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:30 PM

4,877 posts, read 3,852,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
They do, but some of the television programs that have been on lately, and the MUFON representatives that participate in those programs, have caused me to lose respect for the organization. They seem to be more into sensationalism than actual investigation.
They do seem to have strayed from the original mission & vision for the organization ...

Old Today, 04:24 AM

3,156 posts, read 3,333,804 times
I think it is difficult for TV programs to find a credible expert on UFOs. These days everyone is an expert in UFOs and have their own theory as to what they are and why they are here. Joe Public is probably as knowledgable as these guys they keep on trotting out in their programs.

Nick Pope seems to be everywhere and his reason for being on these programs is only that he worked for the UKs MOD looking into UFOs. If he actually knows anything, he wont be saying and it seems to me he is just making general we-dont-know remarks. Which of course, we dont - because the governments are keeping secrets from us.

There have been a couple of better investagative programs recently, Contact 2019 & Unidentified (from to the stars academy) not perfect, but better than the old UFO stuff trotted out about Roswell etc. I think the governments are trying to get it out there but they are being cautious.

Old Today, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think it is difficult for TV programs to find a credible expert on UFOs. These days everyone is an expert in UFOs and have their own theory as to what they are and why they are here. Joe Public is probably as knowledgable as these guys they keep on trotting out in their programs.

Nick Pope seems to be everywhere and his reason for being on these programs is only that he worked for the UKs MOD looking into UFOs. If he actually knows anything, he wont be saying and it seems to me he is just making general we-dont-know remarks. Which of course, we dont - because the governments are keeping secrets from us.

There have been a couple of better investagative programs recently, Contact 2019 & Unidentified (from to the stars academy) not perfect, but better than the old UFO stuff trotted out about Roswell etc. I think the governments are trying to get it out there but they are being cautious.
Im not sure about that, there would have to be some benefit for them to do this, I very much doubt they want to release info just because its the right thing to do after so many years of lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal