U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 10:13 PM

22,498 posts, read 27,875,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
They just want chocolate.
No, that would be me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM

11,626 posts, read 3,072,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
No. They are not all demons as the ultra religious think. There are different kinds of ghosts. So, it largely depends upon the individual ghost.

Spiritualists believe that those who have crossed over, occasionally want to make contact with the living, usually close friends or family. These are not "ghosts" per se, because they have transitioned. There may be unfinished business, such as an apology, or they may just want to make contact and say "hello".
That is where a medium comes in.

I would not call these departed souls "ghosts". I'd reserve that term for spirits who are stuck between the world of the living and the dead.

There are also "residual hauntings"where an event is replayed over and over as though it is an imprint or video tape. In this case, the "characters" are not spirit at all. Types of Haunting - Wexford Paranormal This will explain better than I can.

And yes, sometimes, but not frequently, hauntings are caused by discarnate beings. Some call them "demons"
IDK about that, I just read that Harry Houdini, before his death, made a promise to his wife, that he would try numerous methods of making contact with her, once he died and reached 'the after life', apparently they had it all worked out, so she would know what to look for....it never happened though.

Im not sure what to make of that, it was pretty clear, he wanted to make contact with her once he died, but I guess he was either not able to do any of the methods he came up with, or....??

Old Yesterday, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I feel the same way. I am somewhat concerned that I am going to be a ghost.

I am not joking.
Im not joking either, it seems like my mind is always thinking about this, its always coming up with 'possible scenarios', I hate it, I wish I was more like friends of mine, they dont give death two thoughts, they say they just dont care, but I cannot understand how they can NOT care, about something SO HUGE, as death!!

This would be like telling someone, they will be randomly selected one day, and they will be plucked out of their life, and 'go' somewhere else, they will have NO contact with family, friends anymore, and have NO idea of where they are going, they could be living on the streets in a hell hole, or in a nice, posh mansion, or in the middle of the jungle, LOL!! worst part about it, there is NOTHING they can do about it.

Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM

256 posts, read 416,333 times
We all must leave these organic bodies someday. One by one we leave this world. I believe we have a Spirit body and good ghosts do not want to bother anyone. Just like people in this world do not, unless they are invited, or desperately need our help. After 60 + years together, my grandfather outlived my grandmother and she still stayed in the house with him, to be near him, until he passed about a year later. How do I Know? I saw her picture plain as day looking out the window during a photo session, and the one cold room in their house. I understand how it would be hard to leave him all alone. A house I rented was inhabited by someone who was very materialistic and possessive, and did not want to leave their beloved home, and were very angry about sharing it, so I gracefully left. There is always a good reason though. The worst are the ones who try to continue to live their hedonistic lifestyle through your body by attempting to use your body and mind. I do not know how they do this or how easy it is, but Jesus Christ even said it can be done. This is why I always left and never stayed in any house that was haunted. You never know what they will do.

Last edited by glenninindy; Yesterday at 03:31 AM..

Old Today, 08:02 AM

9,697 posts, read 17,448,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
The ones who contact me mostly want me to help them cross over. If they're making a fuss, it's generally either because they want someone to notice them so they can get them help, or they don't understand they aren't in their bodies any longer.

I dealt with one earthbound spirit who had been the owner of a home that was being remodeled, and he was trying to scare away the new owners so they would leave the home as it was when he was alive. He didn't realize he was no longer in physical form. It took me a little while to find the right approach to convince him that he didn't need to stay and fight for his home, but after a bit, he crossed over too.

I was taught that no matter how scary they might seem, earthbound human spirits need and deserve our compassion. Once detected, it is unkind to leave them where they are, confused and frightened. They should always be helped to cross over to where they can be in peace, and continue their path of learning and growth.

(BTW, just screaming, "Go to the light," doesn't do it, any more than if you stopped to ask for directions to the freeway and the person you're asking just keeps yelling, "Go to the freeway!" Sometimes they don't know where the light is, or they are afraid to cross over.)
I am very interested in this. What do you do to help spirits into the light? How do they contact you? If screaming to them to cross over doesnít work, then what does?

I read something once, canít remember what it was, but the author said that often spirits of people who were severely addicted to something like alcohol, drugs, cigs, or gambling like to hang out on the earthbound plane to continue to experience these things as they are not found on the other side. Also, while the author didnít mention sugar, it has occurred to me that many people are addicted to that as well, so beware.

I had a lucid dream once that I took a young woman through the tunnel (which was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen) to a soul hospital...she had just died of a heroin overdose and was not yet ready to go to the light and she needed my help to get to the soul hospital. Iíve always wondered if this was more than a dream because it had a very profound effect on me.

Old Today, 09:59 AM

689 posts, read 384,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I am very interested in this. What do you do to help spirits into the light? How do they contact you? If screaming to them to cross over doesn’t work, then what does?
I think I had mentioned this already, but I often wonder
why spirits would seek those who haven't died yet for
guidance on crossing over. It seems akin to asking
someone who hasn't yet been to Tennessee how to get
from Chattanooga to Nashville.

I would think it more sensible to ask for directions from
a fellow inhabitant of Tennessee who would be far
more familiar with the lay of the land -- and that's
assuming any more crossing-over is even needed
beyond that of crossing-over from the physical plane to
the next one up. Beyond that, it could very well be that
there's no more of an urgency to cross over to
whatever-comes-next than there was to cross over
from this physical plane to the post-mortem one
immediately following it (if that makes sense).

Quote:
I read something once, can’t remember what it was, but the author said that often spirits of people who were severely addicted to something like alcohol, drugs, cigs, or gambling like to hang out on the earthbound plane to continue to experience these things as they are not found on the other side. Also, while the author didn’t mention sugar, it has occurred to me that many people are addicted to that as well, so beware.
That's interesting, considering that such addictions
would be biochemically propelled via the physical body.
Once one is no longer under the influence of a physical
body and the chemical cocktails and biological urges it
generates, such addictions would likely vanish as well
(I would hope, anyway).

-

Old Today, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I am very interested in this. What do you do to help spirits into the light? How do they contact you? If screaming to them to cross over doesnít work, then what does?

I read something once, canít remember what it was, but the author said that often spirits of people who were severely addicted to something like alcohol, drugs, cigs, or gambling like to hang out on the earthbound plane to continue to experience these things as they are not found on the other side. Also, while the author didnít mention sugar, it has occurred to me that many people are addicted to that as well, so beware.

I had a lucid dream once that I took a young woman through the tunnel (which was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen) to a soul hospital...she had just died of a heroin overdose and was not yet ready to go to the light and she needed my help to get to the soul hospital. Iíve always wondered if this was more than a dream because it had a very profound effect on me.
Ive heard this mentioned a few times, from multiple people, My uncle, who was DEEPLY religious used to tell me, that if I should die with any kind of strong addiction to a drug/substance...that doesnt just go away upon death

Old Today, 11:28 AM

2,911 posts, read 4,310,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
The ones who contact me mostly want me to help them cross over. If they're making a fuss, it's generally either because they want someone to notice them so they can get them help, or they don't understand they aren't in their bodies any longer.

I dealt with one earthbound spirit who had been the owner of a home that was being remodeled, and he was trying to scare away the new owners so they would leave the home as it was when he was alive. He didn't realize he was no longer in physical form. It took me a little while to find the right approach to convince him that he didn't need to stay and fight for his home, but after a bit, he crossed over too.

I was taught that no matter how scary they might seem, earthbound human spirits need and deserve our compassion. Once detected, it is unkind to leave them where they are, confused and frightened. They should always be helped to cross over to where they can be in peace, and continue their path of learning and growth.

(BTW, just screaming, "Go to the light," doesn't do it, any more than if you stopped to ask for directions to the freeway and the person you're asking just keeps yelling, "Go to the freeway!" Sometimes they don't know where the light is, or they are afraid to cross over.)

What would cause a spirit to linger for centuries or possibly forever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal