Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 12:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,418,621 times

Advertisements

Some of these are very strange, it makes me wonder if certain people that have died, have found some way they can contact the living...but if this is possible, why isnt it a more common occurrence? Rarely do people know when they are going to die, so its probable that most people die without having the chance to say that one thing to someone important to them...if one dead person can do this...why would they all not be able to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 02:22 AM

7 posts, read 2,715 times
Here are two situations with odd phone calls that could have come from the deceased:

1. About 8 years ago, I was working for a company that set up our office like a trading floor with lots of open space. The group I worked in sat together in one area, and our director had a desk on the floor with us. He also had a separate office, but most of the time, he sat with us and had his phone set up to ring in our area.

One day, our director was in a meeting. My group (there were five of us) was working, and we were all fairly occupied. A call came to our director’s line. It rang a few times and bounced over to us. They guy I sat next to answered the phone. It was clear that it was not a call related to our work, and my colleague kept asking the person on the other end to speak up. He wrote something down, and the call ended quickly thereafter. My colleague remarked that the person on the other end either got cut off, or hung up abruptly.

Fifteen minutes later, or so, my director came back from his meeting. He asked if anything came up, and my neighbor told him that he received a call from a woman named Pam. He went on to say that she called him to say hello and that she missed him. My director said “Pam?” And my coworker said yes, that was the name she gave. He then said that she sounded like she was calling from the bottom of the ocean, and once she gave the message, she was abruptly disconnected, or hung up on him.

The boss’ face turned gray. He told us that he only knew of one Pam. She was a friend of him and his wife who lived several states away, and she had just died of cancer the week before.

2. My grandmother passed away 6 years ago after a long illness. The day after the funeral, my parents returned to their home to get back to work. When my parents got home after driving three hours from where the funeral took place, they go in the house and my mother said that the landline phone was ringing. Not as it normally would, but alternating short and long rings that were not spaced apart as they typically would be. She answered the phone, and got an earful of static. Admittedly, this could have other reasons for occurring, but my mother is convinced that it was her mother’s way of saying goodbye to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal