U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-29-2019, 10:24 AM
 
11,588 posts, read 3,057,802 times
Reputation: 7757

Advertisements

This is a very good example of the deception and this was back in 1952!


https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29342407


Its interesting to me, the govt of the time in that area tried to say the material was from spider webs, using them as 'sails' to move around, but when testing was done on them, the makeup of the material was not even remotely close to that of anything coming from spiders.


This is also interesting because its NOT from the US...yet the same kind of 'deception' and disinformation tactics were used, that is highly strange imo, why would at least 2 world govts be doing the same thing in relation to this topic?


IM going to look for some other examples of this kind of deception from other countries, seems like I read a really good case from Australia that was from the 40s or 50s, a school had a encounter of the 1st kind (physical contact) and govt tried to deceive the public...I will try to find that case and read up on it again, as well as finding similar examples elsewhere, I wonder what I will find?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-29-2019, 11:36 AM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
5,467 posts, read 2,490,113 times
Reputation: 17946
Of course, they deceive. I can see a good reason regarding matters of national security but their adoption of such in matters of public health is deplorable.

A crime of war, even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM
 
688 posts, read 598,258 times
Reputation: 802
The strategy the U.S. government uses when questioned
about extraterrestrials is to be evasive. (I believe) they are
sitting on a massive amount of evidence but they don't
want mass panic. Some Presidents hinted at the
possibility of alien life. Remember Ronald Reagan's
"what if" speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
 
11,588 posts, read 3,057,802 times
Reputation: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
The strategy the U.S. government uses when questioned
about extraterrestrials is to be evasive. (I believe) they are
sitting on a massive amount of evidence but they don't
want mass panic. Some Presidents hinted at the
possibility of alien life. Remember Ronald Reagan's
"what if" speech?
Well, yes we KNOW they are sitting on more evidence than what they claim, even some of Project Blue Book is STILL classified to this day!


Something else I think is interesting, whenever presidents have went on late night talk shows and they have children ask them a few questions, usually one of the questions is about aliens/UFOs, Ive seen Bush Jr, Obama, Clinton and Bush Sr do these when they were presidents and they ALL answer the same way...they do not actually answer, they distract and avoid, usually in a joking comical way, when Obama was asked about it, he smiled and said the aliens wont let them divulge that information, of course, everyone laughs and they move on to the next question.


Im still waiting to see Trump do one of these talk shows, however the one time I saw he was asked about UFOs/aliens in general, he stated he personally didnt believe in them, but he did have one very brief meeting on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM
 
12,109 posts, read 20,679,560 times
Reputation: 19790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, yes we KNOW they are sitting on more evidence than what they claim, even some of Project Blue Book is STILL classified to this day!


Something else I think is interesting, whenever presidents have went on late night talk shows and they have children ask them a few questions, usually one of the questions is about aliens/UFOs, Ive seen Bush Jr, Obama, Clinton and Bush Sr do these when they were presidents and they ALL answer the same way...they do not actually answer, they distract and avoid, usually in a joking comical way, when Obama was asked about it, he smiled and said the aliens wont let them divulge that information, of course, everyone laughs and they move on to the next question.


Im still waiting to see Trump do one of these talk shows, however the one time I saw he was asked about UFOs/aliens in general, he stated he personally didnt believe in them, but he did have one very brief meeting on the subject.
Or, they are deflecting because they don’t want to offend anyone. If you believe in UFOs and aliens, how would you feel if a sitting president went on television and said there is no such thing and the people that believe in them are crazy. You wouldn’t like it. It would tick you off. You do not tick off the base that votes for you.

And with the fake news of today, and the extrapolation of reading into what somebody says and what it meant and what it “really” means, there’s no good way to get out of this. So they deflect. They answer without answering. It’s a diplomatic way to handle it.
__________________
Solly says — Be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM
 
11,588 posts, read 3,057,802 times
Reputation: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Or, they are deflecting because they don’t want to offend anyone. If you believe in UFOs and aliens, how would you feel if a sitting president went on television and said there is no such thing and the people that believe in them are crazy. You wouldn’t like it. It would tick you off. You do not tick off the base that votes for you.

And with the fake news of today, and the extrapolation of reading into what somebody says and what it meant and what it “really” means, there’s no good way to get out of this. So they deflect. They answer without answering. It’s a diplomatic way to handle it.
well, keep in mind, every time govt has been asked about this topic, it HAS LIED about its interest. Before the NY Times article last year, everyone assumed the last govt investigations into UFO/UAPs, was project Blue book...We now know they were funding a project or investigation and tried to keep it secret.


Who knows, maybe that was because they didnt want the details to come about about Reids personal interest or his friends who seemed to benefit from the project financially, but ultimately, they knew this project was going on and they were not truthful about it, it took a newspaper to uncover and disclose it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top