U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 2,497,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
To be fair, kids can and do die from all sorts of reasons around the world. The problem with the photo is that what's been thought might be a ghost of a child, might be something else that's rather mundane. What the photo shows of the "child" ghost, only shows part of it. The rest of it is hidden behind a metal bar. For all we know, it could be a piece of paper or fabric in the background, or even a reflection. Ideally, taking an additional photo from the same position and same time of day could help determine if anything was there or not. Presumably, no one saw the object until later. Regardless, why would the spirit of a child be in a jail?
That's what I was wondering too. Houses, definitely. Schools, hospitals, sure but a jail?

I've seen an apparition three times (but the same one twice) & they both seemed to be adult males. I'm no expert but I guess someone might suggest a former inmate had victimized a child & that child attached themselves to him & tormented him before he too had died.

It's a stretch but I've heard stranger theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM

5,158 posts, read 8,170,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
That's what I was wondering too. Houses, definitely. Schools, hospitals, sure but a jail?

I've seen an apparition three times (but the same one twice) & they both seemed to be adult males. I'm no expert but I guess someone might suggest a former inmate had victimized a child & that child attached themselves to him & tormented him before he too had died.

It's a stretch but I've heard stranger theories.
I don't think what is shown in the photo is a ghost child. I looked at the full photo and found a number of features worth noting by clicking to enlarge the photo. Back a ways on the outside of the bars there's something else that's also white, which might be a reflection from something, or possibly lit up from a flashlight shining on it.

The 'ghost child' looks too weird. Between the 'torso' and the 'head' there's a dark space where a neck should be. Also, on the other side of the same bar, there appears to be something bulky that's right in line with the 'head' of the 'ghost child'. It might be a rolled up mattress or something. The 'head' and 'torso' might be part of the bedding. It's highlighted by a flashlight giving it a strange appearance of part of a ghostly child. It looks pretty dark so I would guess the people investigating had flashlights. Behind the person in front, there's a bearded guy with glasses and facing the bars who might be holding a flashlight that's shining on the bars. It also looks like there's someone else who's closer to the bars (directly behind the person in front) looking straight in the direction where the 'ghost child' would be.

If a ghost child was attached to a former inmate, where's the tormented former inmate's ghost? I don't think the photo is showing a ghost child or anything sinister. It's just a trick of light and shadow. I'd like to see a better view from a different angle to see what's inside the cell where the ghost child was said to be.

Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM

11,604 posts, read 3,064,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
'Tis the season' for these stories to come out of the woodwork! I do believe in ghosts & I don't see anything wrong with historical places hosting 'ghost tours' & the like. They are FUN & can help raise money for preservation & such.

It is interesting how there is always a 'child' apparition involved. Is it reasonable to assume that they are actually a 'child spirit'?

Or something more sinister taking the form of innocence as a lure?
Good point about halloween being so close, Ive always wondered why there are not REAL haunted places that open up for the public at this time of year, if people truly want to be scared, why not give them the real deal?

There is a place that sort of does that around here, Bobbie Mackies, club/bar, is known for having some kind of strange paranormal stuff going on, during fall, they do have tours of the place and it attracts alot of people every year.

Old Today, 03:46 AM

3,150 posts, read 3,326,601 times
Quote:
It is interesting how there is always a 'child' apparition involved. Is it reasonable to assume that they are actually a 'child spirit'?
Or something more sinister taking the form of innocence as a lure?
I kind-of assume anything can manifest as any shape or form they like. Out of body accounts say you can change your form at will so why not the same thing with ghosties. It does not have to be sinister, particularly if one believes we are all energy and part of the whole energy sea.

The first photo I looked at has something fuzzy to the left of the bar, and the white ghost bleeds into and over the jail bar which is a little strange if it is behind the bar. I think the illusion of the childs face is just an optical illusion. I suspect the images and thread have been posted to pull our chain.

I asked for a photograph without the "ghost" and taken from the same position to see what exactly was there normally. This should be standard practice for ghost hunting groups to take more than one photo from the same place to compare scenes and to debunk stuff if necessary.

enlargement:

Old Today, 08:34 AM

5,158 posts, read 8,170,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I kind-of assume anything can manifest as any shape or form they like. Out of body accounts say you can change your form at will so why not the same thing with ghosties. It does not have to be sinister, particularly if one believes we are all energy and part of the whole energy sea.

The first photo I looked at has something fuzzy to the left of the bar, and the white ghost bleeds into and over the jail bar which is a little strange if it is behind the bar. I think the illusion of the childs face is just an optical illusion. I suspect the images and thread have been posted to pull our chain.

I asked for a photograph without the "ghost" and taken from the same position to see what exactly was there normally. This should be standard practice for ghost hunting groups to take more than one photo from the same place to compare scenes and to debunk stuff if necessary.

enlargement:
Some very good points. That darker 'fuzzy something' to the left of the bar is what I noticed as well. In the enlargement you posted, the fuzzy thing looks kind of smeared, almost like something was smudged out but not very well. I completely agree that another photo from that position should be made, but also another photo from the side to see what, perhaps something ordinary, is in that cell. I also see that the 'ghost' image bleeds into the side of that cell bar.

No idea if the photo is something the OP (or someone else in the group) took, or if it's a photo that was found on the internet. Maybe the OP can fill in more details about the image and the investigation. The OP didn't have to pay any admission or tour fees to conduct their own tour of the jail, so it should be easy enough to go back and take a few more photos of it, at least to determine if there are any other objects in the cell.

It's possible the thread might be a Halloween prank. We are getting closer to Trick or Treat night. But even if it's not an intentional prank, I don't think the image is of a ghost. I agree, it's probably just an illusion of one kind or another of light and shadow, or a possible photoshop effort.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

5,828 posts, read 5,004,829 times
There are volumes of folk that testify of death return experiences or near-death experiences if you wish to view them on youtube.
I have had several confrontations with spirits, and friends as well that attest to encounters themselves.
If this disturbs you, get your head around this, you are being observed 24/7/365 of the spirit world, furthermore, your thoughts are freely open to them. They can and some do influence other's thinking, they don't necessarily force anything but all your thought are not necessarily all your thought, and if you don't know the difference then you can be manipulated.
It is wise not to get caught up in this culture that seeks spirit guides, though the information may for the moment be accurate it is a serious distraction from seeking after God.
No matter how smart you think you are, these are hundreds if not thousands of years old and know all the tricks to manipulate weak disbelieving humans.

Old Today, 11:19 AM

5,472 posts, read 2,497,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
There are volumes of folk that testify of death return experiences or near-death experiences if you wish to view them on youtube.
I have had several confrontations with spirits, and friends as well that attest to encounters themselves.
If this disturbs you, get your head around this, you are being observed 24/7/365 of the spirit world, furthermore, your thoughts are freely open to them. They can and some do influence other's thinking, they don't necessarily force anything but all your thought are not necessarily all your thought, and if you don't know the difference then you can be manipulated.
It is wise not to get caught up in this culture that seeks spirit guides, though the information may for the moment be accurate it is a serious distraction from seeking after God.
No matter how smart you think you are, these are hundreds if not thousands of years old and know all the tricks to manipulate weak disbelieving humans.

I don't disagree.

The two nights that I encountered something not living but in the human form (2001 & 2008) were certainly not anything I had ever hoped or tried for. In fact; that was a big part of the intrigue.

Why? Why me?

Now, the guy in 2008 I later found out was kind of a common nuisance for late-night travelers along southbound I-25, just south of Castle Rock. I didn't really appreciate that he made me think I had just participated in his apparent suicidal goal, or risked the life of one of my sons who was asleep in the passenger seat when I locked my brakes up & slid sideways down that dark highway.

The 2001 guy, I didn't seek him out either & I still think about him ALL the time. He wasn't there haunting the building; I lived in that apartment for two years & had never seen him before; never saw him again. He was there for me (I don't know for good or bad) & during a time that I was physically & emotionally vulnerable (single & 8 months pregnant with twins).

I would be a complete fool to seek this kind of thing out.

Old Today, 08:30 PM

5,828 posts, read 5,004,829 times
There is enough stuff that happens we don't need to search it out.
Know it exists, and learn to pray, seek God's help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or