U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 11:28 PM

3,156 posts, read 3,333,804 times

Advertisements

I found some pictures on an old camera from 2013 today. This 'something' does not look like a seagull - which is what I assumed it would be when I first noticed it. It does not look like an aeroplane either. This is just as I discovered it a few minutes ago, so I have not changed the original in any way apart from uploading it so that everyone can see it.

So.. do we think this is a bird or a plane just rather a long way away - or something else?

Enlargement - Above the white mountain in the centre of the original (link below enlargement)

Original photo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 02:07 AM

14,792 posts, read 12,089,428 times
What bothers me about your picture is that I enlarged it ten times. The 'dome' part of your saucer is blurry and the 'disc' area is not or, at least, not as blurry. It does not look like a picture taken at a great distance because the whole object should be equally as clear or blurry. Just my thoughts on your 'picture'.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:21 AM

5,165 posts, read 8,178,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I found some pictures on an old camera from 2013 today. This 'something' does not look like a seagull - which is what I assumed it would be when I first noticed it. It does not look like an aeroplane either. This is just as I discovered it a few minutes ago, so I have not changed the original in any way apart from uploading it so that everyone can see it.

So.. do we think this is a bird or a plane just rather a long way away - or something else?
I have to admit I got a bit of a chuckle from the bird/plane part of your comment. It reminded me of an old 1950's TV show with the intro phrase, "Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's SUPERMAN!"

Back to the photo. It's not really clear enough to specifically identify what it is. Where is this location? Looks like there's a layer of snow on some of the mountains. Do you recall what direction you were facing?

The object in question could be a lone bird of some kind. Maybe a seagull (is the water part of a sea?), or maybe an eagle, but I also have doubts that it's a bird. It could be a plane flying at an angle with sunlight reflected from part of it. The reflected light seems to be in the same position as the reflected light on the mountains, which indicates the direction of the sun.

The object is too distant to clearly make out exactly what it is. I'm inclined to think you might be wondering if it's some kind of flying saucer. I have serious doubts about that although from the way it appears, I can see how it does sort of resemble something like that. However, it could just be a plane flying somewhat away from the area at an angle. The way the light is reflected from the back part of it (as well as the distance), makes it sort of look like an alien saucer-shaped UFO. 🛸

Old 10-07-2019, 12:25 PM

12,612 posts, read 18,759,667 times
UFO is right...stress the word "unidentified" as no one can possibly tell what it is as that extremely reduced resolution, which when you zoom in even further is pretty much only a few pixels of varying shade. Thus we can only conclude it's the most likely explanation - bird or plane or even a spot, scratch, or bug on the lens. The quality is just too poor to comment or conclude further.

I think I see a pixel on the mountain part that might be bigfoot however.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:11 PM

It is in Switzerland looking towards the Montreux end of Lake Geneva. As you can see it is late in the year and there is snow on the mountains.

It is more likely to be be a small aircraft than a UFO because there are often small aircraft flying around. However, I would have expected to see some wings but maybe the definition of the image is not good enough and pixels are bunched together. The camera is an old one and not many megapixels probably 3 or 5Mp plus its a .jpg image.

It could also be a lone seabird as there are many of those too. I would estimate there is probably a 1% chance of it being anything unidentified but I do think it looks like a flying saucer and thats not beyond the realms of possibility.

I have no idea what it is and I posted it because it looks like the kind of thing you see in MUFON reports and people claiming to see UFOs in real time and they snapped a picture of it. I took the picture myself and I did not notice this 'something'at the time, so it could be anything.

When you look at the mountains in the distance you can see a fairly good amount of detail so I think if we were seeing poor definition, then we would see it on the mountains in the distance too. To me, this object does not appear to be as far away as those mountains in the original image, but it is difficult to estimate size and distance in photographs.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 10-07-2019 at 05:23 PM..

Old 10-07-2019, 05:28 PM

14,792 posts, read 12,089,428 times
OK I hit control+ thirty five times; that is the most that I can enlarge the photo. As I look at the mystery item, on the higher digital magnification, it looks like it was inserted into the picture. It looks like a rectangular box around the object on the higher magnification. But it is blurry and hard to see exactly what I am looking at.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:53 PM

As I said, I have not altered the original image at all. The trouble is, these days it is difficult to tell, so either you believe me or you dont. Thats all I can do.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:16 AM

1,608 posts, read 756,248 times
a blimp?

Old 10-08-2019, 09:06 AM

9,527 posts, read 17,682,081 times
Looks like a UFO to me -- unidentified flying object. If I had to be more specific, maybe a Cessna 172. Prove me wrong.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:44 AM

7,949 posts, read 4,690,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I think I see a pixel on the mountain part that might be bigfoot however.
It looks like the Abdominal Snowman to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or