U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-10-2019, 04:42 PM
 
1,450 posts, read 1,093,451 times
Reputation: 3439

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I'd be more inclined to think it was someone from a contractor's crew somewhere in the vicinity. Moving such a large, heavy boulder would take more than the likelihood of a prankster. A contractor crew would be more likely to have heavy equipment to pull off a stunt like that. With the press articles about it missing, whoever took it decided it best to return it. After all, the rock was located on National Forest land. As it turned out, the rock was indeed returned. I'm still wondering about any vehicle tracks left behind.

If they used a wrecker with a long boom, they might be able to do it from the roadway. It is a bit odd they would return the boulder to the same spot. Looks like an unnecessary risk when it would have been much safer to dump it in a vacant lot. There may be more to the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2019, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,008 posts, read 12,207,482 times
Reputation: 11287
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I've seen reports about that rock. Six cars stuck on it in six weeks. Must be some really crappy drivers in that area. The rock stands out like a sore thumb. Maybe they should paint it bright orange or yellow with reflective paint. One report I saw said there are similar rocks placed elsewhere for similar reasons with no problems of vehicles getting stuck. They're all getting stuck on this one rock. In the dino photo in the link you posted, it shows a similar rock across the drive from the car-eating rock. The article summed it up by saying there's just some really bad drivers.
The boulder that started off this tread was referred to as a Wizard Rock; but it did not explain why it was so special other than having quartz mixed with the rock. That Nebraskan rock certainly has special powers: the power of attraction! At least that one reaches out and pulls unsuspecting motorist in for a visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2019, 04:56 PM
 
5,203 posts, read 8,207,066 times
Reputation: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
If they used a wrecker with a long boom, they might be able to do it from the roadway. It is a bit odd they would return the boulder to the same spot. Looks like an unnecessary risk when it would have been much safer to dump it in a vacant lot. There may be more to the story.
If they dragged to the roadway, it'd leave a pretty significant rut all the way to the road. But then, if trucks were next to the rock, I would think there'd be tire tracks. The photos don't show the area around the rock. In fact, none of the photos show the location when the rock was missing or after it had been returned. They just show the rock before any of this happened. I agree, there's more to this story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2019, 06:07 PM
 
1,450 posts, read 1,093,451 times
Reputation: 3439
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
If they dragged to the roadway, it'd leave a pretty significant rut all the way to the road. But then, if trucks were next to the rock, I would think there'd be tire tracks. The photos don't show the area around the rock. In fact, none of the photos show the location when the rock was missing or after it had been returned. They just show the rock before any of this happened. I agree, there's more to this story.
Sounds like they may have gotten caught, and law enforcement offered not to file charges in it were returned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2019, 07:17 PM
 
5,203 posts, read 8,207,066 times
Reputation: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Sounds like they may have gotten caught, and law enforcement offered not to file charges in it were returned.
Hard to imagine law enforcement being so thoughtful, especially if there's a hefty fine involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2019, 07:26 PM
 
5,203 posts, read 8,207,066 times
Reputation: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The boulder that started off this tread was referred to as a Wizard Rock; but it did not explain why it was so special other than having quartz mixed with the rock. That Nebraskan rock certainly has special powers: the power of attraction! At least that one reaches out and pulls unsuspecting motorist in for a visit!
Robert Crumb would have a field day with it. Imagine the cars turning the corner to pass by, and the rock hypnotically beckons to them to their doom.

https://giphy.com/gifs/trippy-psyche...zqo/fullscreen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2019, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,008 posts, read 12,207,482 times
Reputation: 11287
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Robert Crumb would have a field day with it. Imagine the cars turning the corner to pass by, and the rock hypnotically beckons to them to their doom.

https://giphy.com/gifs/trippy-psyche...zqo/fullscreen
Actually I went back to the first link I posted to the Nebraskan boulder and, upon further examination, I see that they designed the curbs with a bevel. Beveled curbs are something that we are not familiar with in most states. Perhaps this Nebraskan luxury is the downfall of all the mesmerized motorist in Nebraska?

On the other hand this boulder could have been sent by aliens to trap the unsuspecting? They made it look just like any other boulder so it would not raise any alarm. It is only a test boulder and they will be placing ones in your neighborhood shortly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2019, 08:58 AM
 
5,203 posts, read 8,207,066 times
Reputation: 3188
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Actually I went back to the first link I posted to the Nebraskan boulder and, upon further examination, I see that they designed the curbs with a bevel. Beveled curbs are something that we are not familiar with in most states. Perhaps this Nebraskan luxury is the downfall of all the mesmerized motorist in Nebraska?

On the other hand this boulder could have been sent by aliens to trap the unsuspecting? They made it look just like any other boulder so it would not raise any alarm. It is only a test boulder and they will be placing ones in your neighborhood shortly!
Good spotting! Still, people must be flying to get around that corner without paying attention or slowing down. It might indeed be aliens. Who else would put a large rock like that in such a location? It looks too sneaky and sinister just lurking there waiting for unexpected prey to pass by. No, No, NO! There's something not right about it just innocently perched there on the corner. Why else would there be a conveniently beveled curb by it? It's a TRAP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2019, 04:54 PM
 
1,450 posts, read 1,093,451 times
Reputation: 3439
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Hard to imagine law enforcement being so thoughtful, especially if there's a hefty fine involved.
Not if the Governor's kid (just an example) was involved. Political influence will get you out of a hefty fine any day. If there isn't an answer to this mystery any time soon, I purpose we send someone from the forum to investigate. I'd be willing to kick in 5$ for gas money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2019, 09:22 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ~🌄 ☀️ ♥ 🍁 ♥ ☀️🌄~
7,918 posts, read 6,970,456 times
Reputation: 15905
It's probably called Wizard Rock because it's exhibited or caused paranormal phenomenon at other times in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears and then reappears again at some time in the future. Some rocks are just like that you know, they've got minds of their own and know how to use mind over matter.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top