U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-14-2019, 11:48 AM
 
12,244 posts, read 20,816,439 times
Reputation: 20147

Advertisements

Not to mention, they’d look into your computer history and find this thread. Seriously, don’t do this.
__________________
Solly says — Be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2019, 12:57 PM
 
53,502 posts, read 42,896,602 times
Reputation: 33515
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was on MUFONs website earlier reading about a mother whose son is apparently having physical and mental health problems resulting from what she claims are regular visits from alien visitors, she didnt mention the boy being abducted, but she was basically writing to MUFON or anyone, trying to get some help, she claimed she has contacted the FBI, as well as local and state police, (they told her they do not have the resources to help her).


I have no idea if her claim is real or not, but it did give me an idea to experiment with, that may result in some interesting replies or contacts, basically I would the same thing but tweeked a little bit and contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.


OK, now its times for comments, suggestions, theories on what may result maybe? Im down for it, no worries!
The first thought that came to my mind was why wouldn't you instead want to stake out this ladies vicinity with cameras\sensors etc if they are getting regular visits from aliens? Otherwise, it sounds like you don't believe her.

Logically, the feds aren't going to do anything if they think you're just nuts. If anything, imagine that the feds would likely appreciate people like that because those people clearly help provide a smoke screen for any real stuff.

I think that given the tons of prank or nutty phone calls they get that unless you call in something SOLID that hit some trigger or got past filters or corroborated with some internal information they had that they'd just ignore you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2019, 04:30 PM
 
Location: The sleepy part of New York City
2,114 posts, read 1,310,952 times
Reputation: 4718
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was on MUFONs website earlier reading about a mother whose son is apparently having physical and mental health problems resulting from what she claims are regular visits from alien visitors, she didnt mention the boy being abducted, but she was basically writing to MUFON or anyone, trying to get some help, she claimed she has contacted the FBI, as well as local and state police, (they told her they do not have the resources to help her).


I have no idea if her claim is real or not, but it did give me an idea to experiment with, that may result in some interesting replies or contacts, basically I would the same thing but tweeked a little bit and contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.


OK, now its times for comments, suggestions, theories on what may result maybe? Im down for it, no worries!

Comment.. I think it's a dumb idea and you might want to give it a little, or a lot more thought.

Suggestions... don't do it.

Theories on results... If you get any results it will probably be your name ending up on some 3 letter agencies lunatic list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2019, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,924 posts, read 3,082,756 times
Reputation: 6024
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
Theories on results... If you get any results it will probably be your name ending up on some 3 letter agencies lunatic list.
If the story is good enough it will eventually become public record with his full name. Be worth the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2019, 11:49 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 3,290,238 times
Reputation: 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Not to mention, they’d look into your computer history and find this thread. Seriously, don’t do this.
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted! They would probably send a black SUV with tinted glass to park in front of my house, just to scare me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2019, 08:47 AM
Status: "Save old Bridges" (set 24 days ago)
 
10,725 posts, read 10,590,364 times
Reputation: 4165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted! They would probably send a black SUV with tinted glass to park in front of my house, just to scare me!

Very often govt types drive white older vans with a ladder on top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2019, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Maine
17,180 posts, read 21,268,387 times
Reputation: 20006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Very often govt types drive white older vans with a ladder on top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2019, 12:30 AM
 
12,486 posts, read 3,290,238 times
Reputation: 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Very often govt types drive white older vans with a ladder on top.
From what Ive seen, they drive all different sorts of vehicles, not one specific type...but the Gov plates give them away every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2019, 07:24 AM
 
7,271 posts, read 3,991,549 times
Reputation: 19339
I work in a national lab that deals with aerospace. We get these reports all the time. I've gotten them myself. Here's the inside scoop on what we do.

Are you ready? Can you handle the truth? Is the public ready for mass panic in the streets?



We …


… laugh at them. "Hey guys I just got a call about the aliens …." We get a good couple days of lunchroom jokes out of it.

Seriously the only time we actually sent police out was this one guy wouldn't stop calling. Let's just say he was so high he didn't need aliens to fly him to the moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2019, 12:42 PM
 
12,486 posts, read 3,290,238 times
Reputation: 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
I work in a national lab that deals with aerospace. We get these reports all the time. I've gotten them myself. Here's the inside scoop on what we do.

Are you ready? Can you handle the truth? Is the public ready for mass panic in the streets?



We …


… laugh at them. "Hey guys I just got a call about the aliens …." We get a good couple days of lunchroom jokes out of it.

Seriously the only time we actually sent police out was this one guy wouldn't stop calling. Let's just say he was so high he didn't need aliens to fly him to the moon.
Your lab gets reports of alien abductions all the time? Is that what you are saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top