U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 02:24 PM

17,180 posts, read 21,268,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even if you look back at Irish folklore, when they mentioned 'Leprechauns', its probable they were encountering aliens, there are 100s of old reports of people seeing aliens that resembled small dwarfs, elves, leprechauns.
There is just as much evidence (meaning none) for elves, dwarves, and fairies as there is for aliens. You are simply putting a modern explanation on an ancient one. A thousand years from now, people will likely scoff at our alien explanations in favor of the latest explanation du jour.

Where I grew up, there was a church in town that believed there were demons in all our surroundings --- super hero posters, salt and pepper shakers, ceramic owls, jack o'lanterns, E.T. lunch boxes, Barbie dolls. Some of them used to stand out on Main Street and "cast demons out" of passing cars.

Once you accept the chosen explanation of a phenomenon --- be it elves or aliens or demons or leprechauns --- it's easy to make everything fit your explanation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 02:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 17,521,034 times
Quote:
Filing a false UFO report is a crime?
Yes. You are wasting time and resources.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:23 PM

4,924 posts, read 3,082,756 times
Quote:
Yes, I wouldnt expect to contact the NRO by calling my local 911 dispatch! LOL
But you have no specifics.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:34 PM

3,985 posts, read 2,050,239 times
Quote:
I was on MUFONs website earlier reading about a mother whose son is apparently having physical and mental health problems resulting from what she claims are regular visits from alien visitors, she didnt mention the boy being abducted, but she was basically writing to MUFON or anyone, trying to get some help, she claimed she has contacted the FBI, as well as local and state police, (they told her they do not have the resources to help her).

I have no idea if her claim is real or not, but it did give me an idea to experiment with, that may result in some interesting replies or contacts, basically I would the same thing but tweeked a little bit and contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.

OK, now its times for comments, suggestions, theories on what may result maybe? Im down for it, no worries!
Can't you just imagine the reaction of the FBI, and state and local police, when someone calls in saying their son is having issues resulting from regular visits from aliens from outer space?

Old 11-19-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Can't you just imagine the reaction of the FBI, and state and local police, when someone calls in saying their son is having issues resulting from regular visits from aliens from outer space?
Someone would get added to the perv list.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:11 PM

63 posts, read 10,753 times
Reads like a type of mental illness called Munchausens by Proxy. The lady wants attention, so her son was visited by aliens and she contacts various governmental agencies. People get attention usually by bothering people doctors and sometimes veterinarians by faking illness in children or pets and going to the doctor.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:25 PM

3,985 posts, read 2,050,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Not everyday, but often enough to be a running joke among the staff. Seems to fluctuate through the seasons and depending on whether there's something big in the media going on. If you think about it, it's not really surprising. There are 350 million people in this country. Out of that many, there will be at least a thousand a year who want to report something. Usually they call the nearest FBI office, or if there's a military base/gov facility nearby, they call there. The calls usually go to Public Affairs. And then Public Affairs passes it on whomever they can think of that has a science background. Since our office has a bunch of no kidding rocket scientists, guess where the calls wind up.

And because it's a member of the public, we politely listen to whatever they tell us.
Sounds like you might work for a government agency (or contractor) that has something to do with space. I did too, for over 40 years, and I never received nor did I ever hear of anyone else receiving a call about UFOs. As you mentioned, the calls are filtered by Public Affairs and employee phone numbers are unlisted to the public, but nevertheless, the topic of UFOs just never came up, except maybe individuals just talking with one another.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:53 PM

12,486 posts, read 3,290,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Sounds like you might work for a government agency (or contractor) that has something to do with space. I did too, for over 40 years, and I never received nor did I ever hear of anyone else receiving a call about UFOs. As you mentioned, the calls are filtered by Public Affairs and employee phone numbers are unlisted to the public, but nevertheless, the topic of UFOs just never came up, except maybe individuals just talking with one another.
There is said to be a 'quick response team' within the govt/ military, that handle the 'UAP/ UFO' stuff...

Their vehicles, MRAPS, Humvees, etc, are primer grey color, Some people believe they are called 'The blue team', but Im not sure I believe that.

Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Quote:
There is said to be a 'quick response team' within the govt/ military, that handle the 'UAP/ UFO' stuff...
There is said to be people that believe stuff like this because they want to, not because it is true.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM

7,990 posts, read 7,007,504 times
Quote:

....... contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.

What will you use as evidence? You can't just file a false report and expect it to be investigated. If you want to make a report about aliens or UFO's to the alphabet agencies you have to provide some tangible evidence with the report before anyone will pay attention and consider it actually worthy of investigation.

No evidence to investigate = no investigators. They'll just list you as a crank with a vivid imagination and file your report away in file 13 and forget about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or