U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2019, 06:51 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,262 posts, read 3,371,669 times
Reputation: 2955

Advertisements

Fisheye it must be nice to live in your world with such faith in both science and religion.

In my world I cannot see how these two disciplines can be reconciled when science is still trying to sort out the unexplained and disbelieves ALL of the reported sightings as misidentifications and human error.

I think understanding consciousness and how it creates our reality will prove to be a game-changer for science. Until then, I do not think much of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2019, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,052 posts, read 12,236,255 times
Reputation: 11304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Fisheye it must be nice to live in your world with such faith in both science and religion.

In my world I cannot see how these two disciplines can be reconciled when science is still trying to sort out the unexplained and disbelieves ALL of the reported sightings as misidentifications and human error.

I think understanding consciousness and how it creates our reality will prove to be a game-changer for science. Until then, I do not think much of it.
Like I said in my previous post: "They have literally nothing to go on except for campfire stories." You always go on the offensive instead of producing evidence. You do anything to distract away from the subject being talked about if it does not follow your story line. By the way, if you have been reading my post, I do not have faith in religion. This is simply another distraction. Lay your cards on the table face up and let us see what evidence you truly have.

Understanding consciousness will get you the same place as where I am going; we do not live forever. Let's keep our feet on the ground and talk about all the facts supporting 'multiple Big Foot Cryptids'. I just want to see the DNA test and I have a feeling that is what your side is hiding. You get test done and they come back bear and then you shred the test results. You cannot tell me that a professor or a TV personality has never thought about running the test. It would be all over the internet if test results came back showing and unknown primate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 09:13 AM
Status: "Save old Bridges" (set 22 days ago)
 
10,710 posts, read 10,583,674 times
Reputation: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like I said in my previous post: "They have literally nothing to go on except for campfire stories." You always go on the offensive instead of producing evidence. You do anything to distract away from the subject being talked about if it does not follow your story line. By the way, if you have been reading my post, I do not have faith in religion. This is simply another distraction. Lay your cards on the table face up and let us see what evidence you truly have.

Understanding consciousness will get you the same place as where I am going; we do not live forever. Let's keep our feet on the ground and talk about all the facts supporting 'multiple Big Foot Cryptids'. I just want to see the DNA test and I have a feeling that is what your side is hiding. You get test done and they come back bear and then you shred the test results. You cannot tell me that a professor or a TV personality has never thought about running the test. It would be all over the internet if test results came back showing and unknown primate.
This is what I keep referring to.

I have a feeling that is what your side is hiding

Why would we want to hide anything?


As far as I am concerned there is no OTHER SIDE.

We just want to talk about this stuff without adversarial attitudes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 09:26 AM
Status: "Save old Bridges" (set 22 days ago)
 
10,710 posts, read 10,583,674 times
Reputation: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like I said in my previous post: "They have literally nothing to go on except for campfire stories." You always go on the offensive instead of producing evidence. You do anything to distract away from the subject being talked about if it does not follow your story line. By the way, if you have been reading my post, I do not have faith in religion. This is simply another distraction. Lay your cards on the table face up and let us see what evidence you truly have.

Understanding consciousness will get you the same place as where I am going; we do not live forever. Let's keep our feet on the ground and talk about all the facts supporting 'multiple Big Foot Cryptids'. I just want to see the DNA test and I have a feeling that i Ys what your side is hiding.ou get test done and they come back bear and then you shred the test results. You cannot tell me that a professor or a TV personality has never thought about running the test. It would be all over the internet if test results came back showing and unknown primate.

You said:They have literally nothing to go on except for campfire stories.

I have offered several doubters on this forum to go with me AND TOLD NUMEROUS WAYS TO POSSIBLY HAVE AN EXPERIENCE AND NO DOUBTERS EVER PONY UP. darn caps.

You claim that only evidence presented on this forum is to be considered. NO WAY!
You have never in-person talked with a person that had an experience or been to a location.
You seriously lack the experience to deny any of these claims.
We give no claim of true evidence from tv shoes and you give their fake stuff value.

you get the test done and they come back to bear and then you shred the test results.

I don't know anyone that has had anything to do with a DNA test. I haven't read any post by anyone on this forum that had talked about having a DNA test done themselves or connected too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,052 posts, read 12,236,255 times
Reputation: 11304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You said:They have literally nothing to go on except for campfire stories.

I have offered several doubters on this forum to go with me AND TOLD NUMEROUS WAYS TO POSSIBLY HAVE AN EXPERIENCE AND NO DOUBTERS EVER PONY UP. darn caps.

You claim that only evidence presented on this forum is to be considered. NO WAY!
You have never in-person talked with a person that had an experience or been to a location.
You seriously lack the experience to deny any of these claims.
We give no claim of true evidence from tv shoes and you give their fake stuff value.

you get the test done and they come back to bear and then you shred the test results.

I don't know anyone that has had anything to do with a DNA test. I haven't read any post by anyone on this forum that had talked about having a DNA test done themselves or connected too.
If you know where they are then scape up some dirt from under where they walk and submit it for DNA testing. We have heard over and over again that you believe in this mythical beast and you are not willing to get the test done to prove it. As far as we know; you did get the test done it came back as bear DNA!

I am not claiming to have seen anything; you are! It is not up to me to prove anything; I never saw anything that ever looked like a Big Foot. I saw a mountain lion and I saw snapping turtles mating; both of which most people in my area have not witnessed. I also belong to a camp that is located three miles back in the deep woods. Plus my house is very rural and surrounded by forest.

Your advice to anybody that questions is to attack them and place the ball in their court. Prove what you see and you will get converts. Keep talking, without proof, and you will get more skeptics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Status: "Save old Bridges" (set 22 days ago)
 
10,710 posts, read 10,583,674 times
Reputation: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you know where they are then scape up some dirt from under where they walk and submit it for DNA testing. We have heard over and over again that you believe in this mythical beast and you are not willing to get the test done to prove it. As far as we know; you did get the test done it came back as bear DNA!

I am not claiming to have seen anything; you are! It is not up to me to prove anything; I never saw anything that ever looked like a Big Foot. I saw a mountain lion and I saw snapping turtles mating; both of which most people in my area have not witnessed. I also belong to a camp that is located three miles back in the deep woods. Plus my house is very rural and surrounded by forest.

Your advice to anybody that questions is to attack them and place the ball in their court. Prove what you see and you will get converts. Keep talking, without proof, and you will get more skeptics!

You are using a political type of interaction by trying to set the standards. You are not being political just using the tactics. And you insinuate that we are liars. I would be glad to get DNA tests done; although I doubt that I can afford even one... I am not rich. How much does it cost? What lab should we use?

I seriously doubt that you will accept a positive test. I fear you would just say it was incorrect etc.

I do want to commend you for being so good and Quick about coming up with information to refute what other people post. Golly, it seems like you have another person or more researching for you. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,052 posts, read 12,236,255 times
Reputation: 11304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are using a political type of interaction by trying to set the standards. You are not being political just using the tactics. And you insinuate that we are liars. I would be glad to get DNA tests done; although I doubt that I can afford even one... I am not rich. How much does it cost? What lab should we use?

I seriously doubt that you will accept a positive test. I fear you would just say it was incorrect etc.

I do want to commend you for being so good and Quick about coming up with information to refute what other people post. Golly, it seems like you have another person or more researching for you. lol
DNA is harder to fake than making a monkey suit. You supposedly have met or know one college professor that is a believer; I am sure he could help you with the test.

Credibility is not my problem; it is yours and your followers. There is nothing political or religious about it - just another try to deflect us from the task. As far as insinuating you are liars; I have no idea if you are or not? All I want is something that can prove their existence after all these years that you have claimed to have personal knowledge and know the whereabouts of these creatures. Don't lead me to one; lead the press and our scientist to them and let them study them. Myself and other skeptics on this forum would love to be believers; we love the unknown. It is just that your side is not giving us evidence of the unknown!

All I know from all of this is that some people do make money off Big Foot and UFOs. Money is a driving force and a real reason for some to continue with this myth. Some people have written books and some people have TV shows centered around the unexplained. Money is a logical conclusion when believer's do not produce concrete evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 01:58 PM
Status: "Save old Bridges" (set 22 days ago)
 
10,710 posts, read 10,583,674 times
Reputation: 4159
You said: Money is a logical conclusion when believer's do not produce concrete evidence.


No one on this forum makes money off it as far as I know. I don't and no friends or acquaintances do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,052 posts, read 12,236,255 times
Reputation: 11304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You said: Money is a logical conclusion when believer's do not produce concrete evidence.


No one on this forum makes money off it as far as I know. I don't and no friends or acquaintances do.
Whether people on this forum make money or don't; there are some that do make a living pushing the unexplained. Just turn on your TV. Many would not have a job or sell a book without money changing hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2019, 06:05 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,262 posts, read 3,371,669 times
Reputation: 2955
We need to come to the conclusion that being a believer or an un-believer is OK. It takes a great deal of persuasion to change anyone's mind about long-held beliefs and it wont happen overnight. In some, it wont happen at all - ever.

By fighting for 'our side' we only increase our blood pressure and get angry or frustrated at the other side for their opinions and attitudes.

I think there are some forces at work which do not want us to think, debate, and reason and when we do, there are people on forums like this who are paid to discredit, deny, and spread disinformation. Even the Japanese government actually advertised for people to help them counter negative and untrue opinions back when Fukushima was blowing up and burying itself.

If the Japanese government do it, then I am totally positive other governments hire people to put forward their official point of view and discredit others and deny the truth.

Bigfoot, if it exists, is going to be a political nightmare due to the changes and laws which will need to be passed if a sentient intelligent 'animal' is found. It will also cause loss of income for the Parks Dept and problems for the police and wildlife departments. Not only that, there will be a discussion on religious grounds, do they have a soul? Are they animal or human? Where do we all come from - not Adam and Eve anyway. I am sure there are more problems arising from Bigfoot discovery too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top